1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

Discussion in 'Halloween Horror Nights 2019' started by AlexanderMBush, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Jaden

Jaden Member

Honestly thank god. My chances of getting all houses done would've been extremley low. The majority of the crowds would mostly be from GoT fans.

Chris Galindo likes this.
  2. Jerroddragon

Jerroddragon Rookie

To be Fair, no one told them to use the same layout every year. Hell Offload people at the normal exit of the ride and have us walk backwards at least. I loveddddd walking on the sets but it got kinda just meh, I know crowd wise it snot good but the two mazes are way better than anything the tram would have been without them putting some money into the Tram.

What I'd really LOVE to see more are the Mini Mazes like down in the Bakclot, my god its so nice to just have a fun, short and no line maze. I went on it twice in a row and plan on going on it maybe two plus more times when i return with my September Pass.

3. DTH

DTH Member

I would take our worst Terror Tram over Pandora's Box & Ghostbusters or Corpses anyday.

4. Horror Lover

Horror Lover Member

I still say we're overdue for a 2nd show and more rides open.. No reason why we can't have more than one show.. Don't they realize, the more entertainment options HHN offers, the more people feel positively compelled to return to check everything out? Rather than negatively compelled due to high wait times and ops not allowing them to see everything?

Rideguy70 and foodstampsFTW like this.
  5. GhostHost85

GhostHost85 Rookie

They should really have Forbidden Journey open. If they closed Simpsons Ride to keep Forbidden Journey open, I would be okay with that. Forbidden Journey has far better capacity than The Simpsons Ride, and they often seem to not be running Simpsons at full capacity because it gets ridiculous wait times. Flight of the Hippogriff wouldn't be a major draw, but it requires a small crew of people and would help with capacity.

This year, it really seems like the GP just goes for certain mazes, in particular Ghostbusters, Killer Klowns, and Stranger Things, probably because they think those will be the least scary mazes.

That said, I really enjoy the variety in mazes that we got this year in terms of tone, themes, and scare factor.

HORRORable Commenter likes this.
  6. DTH

DTH Member

Boooooy, are the people mad on Yelp about the lines this year haha every single review is 1 star. If HHN keeps it up, by the end of the season, their average rating is gonna drop drop drop way down.

7. AlexanderMBush

AlexanderMBush Legendary Member

I wish they went forward with Potter opening at HHN. Regardless of whether or not it'd include content like Dark Arts or the Death Eaters; it'd be a major help for the capacity level (and for the sake of foot space).

8. Freak

Freak Veteran Member

To each his own, but I disagree. I’m sick of tram and I’m glad they finally canned it. They couldn’t do anything else with it. Besides, it consumed the event’s budget.

Potter needs to be open. At least just on Fridays and Saturdays. If they can’t afford to do another show, they need another crowd suck like, REALLY bad. Potter reeeeeeeally needs to be open for the event.

9. AlexanderMBush

I find it fascinating, especially as @Legacy has publicly mentioned of the Chucky show (which if I'm not entirely mistaken~is for the Thursday nights).

Potter, especially with Forbidden Journey; would be a massive help.

10. Jaden

Jaden Member

Honestly this is probably the year of "worst crowd control" yet. They really need to open Potter and add some shows.

11. AlexanderMBush

Ideally, to me I somewhat wonder if they might try to negotiate on bringing the LA Academy of Villains team for some nights in the latter half of the event's operation. And it isn't even like AoV and Jabba haven't been at the event at the same year, as they were both in the event for the 2016 After Party event.

Horror Lover likes this.
  12. Horror Lover

Horror Lover Member

I'd love to see Academy of Villains show up in Hollywood later on.. But where is my question..

13. AlexanderMBush

Back in the after-party event from 2016, they had Academy of Villains down in the streets in the Lower Lot if I'm not mistaken.

A major positive that'd allow them to get AOV, is actually the really positive relationship that they have with Universal; thanks to Orlando. Not to mention, Pharside and Phoenix have both performed within the park, and the Orlando shows have consistently gotten high remarks.

Having a lower end, Irma-like show in the temporary nature down in the Lower Lot..might not be a horrible idea. Especially as they had placed a stage down there this past weekend for Figure.

EDIT: That being said, the real question I am going to have, is where we'll see the Chucky show. Because in-theory, it might help actually boiling down potential areas that Universal Hollywood could add more for the sake of the event.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    Horror Lover likes this.
  14. Armando Munoz

Armando Munoz Newcomer

Yeah, I think Chucky will be for Thursdays because in the survey I got in an email it mentioned "how would you rate Chucky as this years event" and I was confused haha.

15. Former Shasta

Former Shasta Newcomer

The crowds were bad early for sure. My family hit ST (my boy would not be deterred by bad reviews, and I thought it was far better than last year) right after EE opening. It said 45 but took an hour. I bit the bullet and got FOL passes ($57 a piece was better than I thought), and it actually took the pressure off of trying to knock out every maze that night. I think people's theories of Terror Tram being gone adding to the crowd are completely valid/believable. We came last year on the same night with zero wait . This year may have seen an increase in size due to those being excited by the mazes, it was definitely busier than last year.

HydraGen2299 likes this.
  16. Fallow

Fallow Veteran Member

Two things:

One, I think the crowding isn't really due to Terror Tram. Yes, it had a huge conversion rate and swallowed people... but it also closed at 11pm. Us and Pandora's Box have both proved to be fairly popular mazes that run all night.

The actual issue is the changes to the early entry program. Moving it up to 6pm is playing havoc on crowding and inflating wait times across the board because people don't have time to disseminate. When it was 5pm, you had people dispersed between Trick r Treat, Stranger Things, Poltergeist, and Purge... all by 5:45pm. Compare that to now when the first mazes often don't open until 6:15pm. It creates a cluster as the people at the gate collide with everyone downstairs racing to do mazes that have been pre-loaded with hour+ queue.

Two, I am very curious to see how the additional entertainment goes on Thursday nights. We'll have Chucky, a concert in the Lower Lot (hence that stage), and maybe another surprise or two.

But yes, they should've gone ahead with the earlier Potter plans. It would've helped (and also would've kept last Sunday from being the deadest of the weekend).

17. ItsAtrap

ItsAtrap Rookie

Crazy.

But they are safe and inoffensive. Last year they had to change their audience participation bit after people were offended so they are now completely free from any kind of complaints. Bill&Ted's couldn't say that.

How many B&T shows total at USH? 10?

18. Spookies n' Stuff

Spookies n' Stuff Member

After the 2000-2006 hiatus there were 7, in total there were 10

ItsAtrap likes this.
  19. Dykealiscious

Dykealiscious Newcomer

Is there a list of what time each maze opens? I thought I saw one but can't find it.

20. Spookies n' Stuff

Spookies n' Stuff Member

Looks like 6:00 is ST, Us, and Creepshow, 6:30 is FMTW, GB and Holidayz 6:45 is HoTC and Pandoras Box, and 7:00 is KKFOS if I'm not mistaken

Dykealiscious likes this.