Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

GoT not coming might've been a blessing in disguise. I say we wouldn't have gotten FmtWM just based on how elaborate GoT is with its set pieces alone.
Honestly thank god. My chances of getting all houses done would've been extremley low. The majority of the crowds would mostly be from GoT fans.

I feel like there's a bit of a "Be careful what you ask for; you may get it" lesson here. This board (including myself) has been saying for years that Terror Tram is tired, why is it still around, it should go, etc. Now it has, and the event doesn't feel the same.
To be Fair, no one told them to use the same layout every year. Hell Offload people at the normal exit of the ride and have us walk backwards at least. I loveddddd walking on the sets but it got kinda just meh, I know crowd wise it snot good but the two mazes are way better than anything the tram would have been without them putting some money into the Tram.

What I'd really LOVE to see more are the Mini Mazes like down in the Bakclot, my god its so nice to just have a fun, short and no line maze. I went on it twice in a row and plan on going on it maybe two plus more times when i return with my September Pass.

I would take our worst Terror Tram over Pandora's Box & Ghostbusters or Corpses anyday.

True, true, though that doesn't preclude a house next year, methinks.

Feel like that's a slippery slope argument. I remember F13 all the way back in the day getting 2 hour waits, and people were mad as hell. Wait times can be improved by shows, live entertainment, operations improvement, additional ride openings, etc. No need to box yourself in creatively.

Besides, high wait times are a sign of high attendance, which is a sign of high revenue. Higher revenue means bigger budget. That's always a good thing in my book.

I still say we're overdue for a 2nd show and more rides open.. No reason why we can't have more than one show.. Don't they realize, the more entertainment options HHN offers, the more people feel positively compelled to return to check everything out? Rather than negatively compelled due to high wait times and ops not allowing them to see everything?

They should really have Forbidden Journey open. If they closed Simpsons Ride to keep Forbidden Journey open, I would be okay with that. Forbidden Journey has far better capacity than The Simpsons Ride, and they often seem to not be running Simpsons at full capacity because it gets ridiculous wait times. Flight of the Hippogriff wouldn't be a major draw, but it requires a small crew of people and would help with capacity.

This year, it really seems like the GP just goes for certain mazes, in particular Ghostbusters, Killer Klowns, and Stranger Things, probably because they think those will be the least scary mazes.

That said, I really enjoy the variety in mazes that we got this year in terms of tone, themes, and scare factor.

Boooooy, are the people mad on Yelp about the lines this year haha every single review is 1 star. If HHN keeps it up, by the end of the season, their average rating is gonna drop drop drop way down.

I would take our worst Terror Tram over Pandora's Box & Ghostbusters or Corpses anyday.
To each his own, but I disagree. I’m sick of tram and I’m glad they finally canned it. They couldn’t do anything else with it. Besides, it consumed the event’s budget.

Boooooy, are the people mad on Yelp about the lines this year haha every single review is 1 star. If HHN keeps it up, by the end of the season, their average rating is gonna drop drop drop way down.

I wish they went forward with Potter opening at HHN. Regardless of whether or not it'd include content like Dark Arts or the Death Eaters; it'd be a major help for the capacity level (and for the sake of foot space).
Potter needs to be open. At least just on Fridays and Saturdays. If they can’t afford to do another show, they need another crowd suck like, REALLY bad. Potter reeeeeeeally needs to be open for the event.

Potter needs to be open. At least just on Fridays and Saturdays. If they can’t afford to do another show, they need another crowd suck like, REALLY bad. Potter reeeeeeeally needs to be open for the event.

I find it fascinating, especially as @Legacy has publicly mentioned of the Chucky show (which if I'm not entirely mistaken~is for the Thursday nights).

Potter, especially with Forbidden Journey; would be a massive help.

Honestly this is probably the year of "worst crowd control" yet. They really need to open Potter and add some shows.

Ideally, to me I somewhat wonder if they might try to negotiate on bringing the LA Academy of Villains team for some nights in the latter half of the event's operation. And it isn't even like AoV and Jabba haven't been at the event at the same year, as they were both in the event for the 2016 After Party event.

Ideally, to me I somewhat wonder if they might try to negotiate on bringing the LA Academy of Villains team for some nights in the latter half of the event's operation. And it isn't even like AoV and Jabba haven't been at the event at the same year, as they were both in the event for the 2016 After Party event.

I'd love to see Academy of Villains show up in Hollywood later on.. But where is my question..

I'd love to see Academy of Villains show up in Hollywood later on.. But where is my question..

Back in the after-party event from 2016, they had Academy of Villains down in the streets in the Lower Lot if I'm not mistaken.

A major positive that'd allow them to get AOV, is actually the really positive relationship that they have with Universal; thanks to Orlando. Not to mention, Pharside and Phoenix have both performed within the park, and the Orlando shows have consistently gotten high remarks.

Having a lower end, Irma-like show in the temporary nature down in the Lower Lot..might not be a horrible idea. Especially as they had placed a stage down there this past weekend for Figure.

EDIT: That being said, the real question I am going to have, is where we'll see the Chucky show. Because in-theory, it might help actually boiling down potential areas that Universal Hollywood could add more for the sake of the event.

Last edited:
I find it fascinating, especially as @Legacy has publicly mentioned of the Chucky show (which if I'm not entirely mistaken~is for the Thursday nights).

Potter, especially with Forbidden Journey; would be a massive help.
Yeah, I think Chucky will be for Thursdays because in the survey I got in an email it mentioned "how would you rate Chucky as this years event" and I was confused haha.

The crowds were bad early for sure. My family hit ST (my boy would not be deterred by bad reviews, and I thought it was far better than last year) right after EE opening. It said 45 but took an hour. I bit the bullet and got FOL passes ($57 a piece was better than I thought), and it actually took the pressure off of trying to knock out every maze that night. I think people's theories of Terror Tram being gone adding to the crowd are completely valid/believable. We came last year on the same night with zero wait . This year may have seen an increase in size due to those being excited by the mazes, it was definitely busier than last year.

Two things:

One, I think the crowding isn't really due to Terror Tram. Yes, it had a huge conversion rate and swallowed people... but it also closed at 11pm. Us and Pandora's Box have both proved to be fairly popular mazes that run all night.

The actual issue is the changes to the early entry program. Moving it up to 6pm is playing havoc on crowding and inflating wait times across the board because people don't have time to disseminate. When it was 5pm, you had people dispersed between Trick r Treat, Stranger Things, Poltergeist, and Purge... all by 5:45pm. Compare that to now when the first mazes often don't open until 6:15pm. It creates a cluster as the people at the gate collide with everyone downstairs racing to do mazes that have been pre-loaded with hour+ queue.

Two, I am very curious to see how the additional entertainment goes on Thursday nights. We'll have Chucky, a concert in the Lower Lot (hence that stage), and maybe another surprise or two.

But yes, they should've gone ahead with the earlier Potter plans. It would've helped (and also would've kept last Sunday from being the deadest of the weekend).

Want to hear a frightening number? If the Jabbawockeez stay for the next 3 years in Hollywood, their run will have outlasted the Bill & Ted show in the post-hiatus era.
Crazy.

But they are safe and inoffensive. Last year they had to change their audience participation bit after people were offended so they are now completely free from any kind of complaints. Bill&Ted's couldn't say that.

How many B&T shows total at USH? 10?

Crazy.

But they are safe and inoffensive. Last year they had to change their audience participation bit after people were offended so they are now completely free from any kind of complaints. Bill&Ted's couldn't say that.

How many B&T shows total at USH? 10?
After the 2000-2006 hiatus there were 7, in total there were 10