Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Six Flags Magic Mountain

i haven't been to the park for a while, so is apocalypse and all of that going to be its own mini section? and has anything about the theming been shown? hopefully a new pre-show? or is it the same stuff.

i haven't been to the park for a while, so is apocalypse and all of that going to be its own mini section? and has anything about the theming been shown? hopefully a new pre-show? or is it the same stuff.

It sounds like Apocalypse has new queue videos, with a new story; but outside of that it'll be incorporated with The Underground (WCR).

It sounds like Apocalypse has new queue videos, with a new story; but outside of that it'll be incorporated with The Underground (WCR).
huh, that's actually pretty cool. still is pretty confusing on how you go from it looking modern and sleek then entering to a post-apocalyptic zone. I oughta ask this tho, does the ride still have the Skynet signage scattered through it and could we count on seeing new props or is the same stuff?

huh, that's actually pretty cool. still is pretty confusing on how you go from it looking modern and sleek then entering to a post-apocalyptic zone. I oughta ask this tho, does the ride still have the Skynet signage scattered through it and could we count on seeing new props or is the same stuff?

I'd assume any and all Skynet/Terminator branding would've been stripped back in 2011, when they lost the rights for Terminator Salvation. Could be wrong, it's been a long while since I've last been to the park.

I'd assume any and all Skynet/Terminator branding would've been stripped back in 2011, when they lost the rights for Terminator Salvation. Could be wrong, it's been a long while since I've last been to the park.
You are correct.....everything is gone regarding Terminator. Although that is what I still call the ride.

You are correct.....everything is gone regarding Terminator. Although that is what I still call the ride.
I'm pretty sure the last time I rode the attraction, one of the tunnels and parts of the queue had yellowed bordered signs with an S on them, aka when terminator was still around

I found this on Twitter, it is a look at the new Apocalypse theming. Hopefully it is reopening soon since it is one of my favorite rides in the park, probably my second favorite behind Twisted Colossus.

I found this on Twitter, it is a look at the new Apocalypse theming. Hopefully it is reopening soon since it is one of my favorite rides in the park, probably my second favorite behind Twisted Colossus.

It's open during Fright Fest, and I assume just the primrary reason to why it's closed when FF is not operational for the time being; is simply due to that it's extemely an easier way for the construction crews to get around.

The question is going to really matter come November, especially if WCR isn't even close to being done by then (EDIT: Park Bros has mentioned that Apocalypse will return to weekday ops, beginning on Tuesday).

Additionally from Park Bros, surprise surprise; they finally have footers for WCR in the station portion.

Last edited:
Apocalypse didn’t open til 4:00 pm today. Kinda disappointed it wasn’t open at park opening but not surprised because SFMM ops are terrible. I left the park at 3:00 so I will hopefully ride it next week.

It's open during Fright Fest, and I assume just the primrary reason to why it's closed when FF is not operational for the time being; is simply due to that it's extemely an easier way for the construction crews to get around.

The question is going to really matter come November, especially if WCR isn't even close to being done by then (EDIT: Park Bros has mentioned that Apocalypse will return to weekday ops, beginning on Tuesday).

Additionally from Park Bros, surprise surprise; they finally have footers for WCR in the station portion.

I am glad to know that Apocalypse is open again. I should be at Fright Fest this Sunday and am looking forward to riding it again after so long.

So Not much talk about Fright Fest

I went and had a better time than expected BUT they have only ONE line area to use any coupons in the front for Fright Fest....the line was over an hour so had to go to Studio 66 on the other side of the park to get Express tickets. Just the management needs to be fired if in 2019 you cant have a computer system that allows me to buy a Fight Fest band at ALL registers you have people who have no clue what they are doing.

The Mazes were all fun this year
Red's While still having some cool sets and the Spider is fun...might be the most basic because most other mazes have gimmicks

Vault 666 has the hand room and the Masked People room...both I just love to death.

Condemned was really cool when they make you do physical things but going on it a second time they didn't let us do any of the things like get on the bed or crawl under the mops.

The Sewers are fun because of the 3D but mainly its the bridge effect that is just so dam cool...I hope even if this maze leaves they keep it in another maze.

Willoughby’s Resurrected - While it needs to go...it was cool the Plant actors and Carriage drive are cool scares...also do like the people behind the glass. But its time for a new theme.

Aftermath 2: Chaos Rising - Not as good as last year...mainly because last years end was scarier with a longer smoked walkway with a guy on stilts attacking you now its just some normal people hiding behind objects.

I think for how Busy they seem to be they need to get more mazes and not keep mazes as long. Should be 7-8 mazes two new ones each year. Still worth it if you have an AP

I went to Fright Fest tonight. Overall, this is a much weaker year than last year. I think that is partially because of the construction going on; not knowing when The Underground would be finished might have caused things to be rushed more than they otherwise would have. However, there is definitely some good.

Aftermath 2 was still great. I got more good scares in this single maze than I have throughout entire nights at other events. I really appreciate how Fright Fest is more creative with scares than some other haunts.

Willoughby’s Resurrected- I had a bad run through this one because I was behind a party where two people were filming it, and one had the flash on there phone while filming it which lit up way too much of the maze. With such a bad run through because of other guests, I can't really judge it.

Sewer of Souls-This was the biggest disappointment of the event. Last year this maze was great. However, a lot was changed and it just doesn't work as good. Hopefully it returns stronger than ever next year.

Vault 666 Unlocked- This was weaker than Hell Fest or the old Vault 666. It doesn't really do much with the antique store theme it has now either.

Condamned- This is a cool and inventive maze with some very good scenic

Red's Revenge- This was better than last year since the giant spider was working again. I would like to see this get some major enchantments and more animatronics next year.

Overall, the mazes are still fun, and it is great to have the mazes mixed in with all the great coasters. I also love having the park open much later than usual. I will probably make at least one more trip back this season to take advantage of the park having later hours. I am looking forward to what they end up doing in The Underground area next year.

Also, here are my pics of the new Apocalypse queue theming and West Coast Racers. I apologize that some of them uploaded sideways on this site.

EGPQcXQUUAA_m8D.jpg EGPQcXQUcAAutfz.jpg IMG_8473.jpg IMG_8474.jpg IMG_8475.jpg IMG_8476.jpg IMG_8477.jpg IMG_8478.jpg IMG_8480.jpg IMG_8481.jpg

Last edited:
I went to Fright Fest tonight. Overall, this is a much weaker year than last year. I think that is partially because of the construction going on; not knowing when The Underground would be finished might have caused things to be rushed more than they otherwise would have. However, there is definitely some good.

Aftermath 2 was still great. I got more good scares in this single maze than I have throughout entire nights at other events. I really appreciate how Fright Fest is more creative with scares than some other haunts.

Willoughby’s Resurrected- I had a bad run through this one because I was behind a party where two people were filming it, and one had the flash on there phone while filming it which lit up way too much of the maze. With such a bad run through because of other guests, I can't really judge it.

Sewer of Souls-This was the biggest disappointment of the event. Last year this maze was great. However, a lot was changed and it just doesn't work as good. Hopefully it returns stronger than ever next year.

Vault 666 Unlocked- This was weaker than Hell Fest or the old Vault 666. It doesn't really do much with the antique store theme it has now either.

Condamned- This is a cool and inventive maze with some very good scenic

Red's Revenge- This was better than last year since the giant spider was working again. I would like to see this get some major enchantments and more animatronics next year.

Overall, the mazes are still fun, and it is great to have the mazes mixed in with all the great coasters. I also love having the park open much later than usual. I will probably make at least one more trip back this season to take advantage of the park having later hours. I am looking forward to what they end up doing in The Underground area next year.

Also, here are my pics of the new Apocalypse queue theming and West Coast Racers. I apologize that some of them uploaded sideways on this site.
Maybe I just got lucky but when I went everything was great...I agree the Vault isn't as strong as last year but think its got some fun rooms. The Willoughbys was my biggest surprise maybe last year i just went on at the wrong time..but this year had a lot of cool scares i didn't notice until this year from the man dressed as a planter, the carriage driver and people behind glass.

Maybe I just got lucky but when I went everything was great...I agree the Vault isn't as strong as last year but think its got some fun rooms. The Willoughbys was my biggest surprise maybe last year i just went on at the wrong time..but this year had a lot of cool scares i didn't notice until this year from the man dressed as a planter, the carriage driver and people behind glass.

I have gotten some really good runs through Willoughby's in the past, so hopefully I have a better run through later in the season. I think Fright Fest makes up for their lack of budget with being more creative with scares.

Also, I found this on reddit where u/sprkn_ranger posted it:

jjmn5kg2fmr31.jpg

I was kind of hoping that they might have changed their minds about comfort collars on West Coast Racers. They don't bother me too much during rides, but lifting up the collar to sit down is a huge hassle, and that will likely slow down dispatch times.

Still, I am excited for the ride to eventually open. It will really add a lot to that corner of the park, and help make the west side of the park much closer to being as strong as the east side.