Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

Crap. What's the best water park in Orlando for singles then?

The 3 fast slides on the top of the Volcano and the Fast river makes it worth the price of admission. Trust me. And if you don't mind riding with a few strangers for the other rides then you will have a blast on them too!

I go alone all the time and it's not a problem.

The 3 fast slides on the top of the Volcano and the Fast river makes it worth the price of admission. Trust me. And if you don't mind riding with a few strangers for the other rides then you will have a blast on them too!

I go alone all the time and it's not a problem.
Is the price of admission still $80 for a single day? Because it definitely is not worth it over say Aquatica for half that in that case.

Is the price of admission still $80 for a single day? Because it definitely is not worth it over say Aquatica for half that in that case.
If you're on a tight budget, sure go for the cheaper park.

But if this is your one opportunity to visit Orlando, and you've already spent hundreds/thousands on the flight, hotel, etc, then I would say splurge and upgrade for $40 more to visit one of the best water parks in the world, over Aquatica which is pretty average.

I mean the same could be said about Islands of Adventure versus SeaWorld... SeaWorld is cheaper, is IOA really "worth it?"
If you have a strong interest in riding the Volcano drop capsule slides, then yes. Otherwise, not really.
To add to this, keep in mind that you get to brag about going on the tallest slides in the US (125 feet / 38.1 meters).

Last edited:
Yikes...

Sidenote:

I couldn't help but chuckle a bit here at the wording.

"Leaving him facedown in the water and unable to move. His daughter and wife noticed something was wrong and flipped him over."

Of course there's something wrong when someone is facedown in the water and motionless...
That statement is horrible. I've never been to VB, but why were the wife and daughter the ones to flip him over. Shouldn't life guards have immediately responded to that? Leaving someone face down in the water for any amount of time after coming down a slide should be immediate sirens going off in the lifeguards head. What if the wife and daughter went to get an ice cream?

Any of us who have ridden that can agree that this mans claim is entirely possible.

The lawsuit is only asking $15k in damages? Is that a typo???

If I remember the run off at the end of this, it’s about a 1/3 of what similar type rides have that don’t go into a pool.