Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

I’ve never had an issue with the roughness. My issue is the coaster is dull as dirt. There’s a block break every 5 seconds. The thing has no pacing at all

This is going to shock people here, but regular people really, really like roller coasters, no matter how bad they are
People love roller coasters and Universal Studios is short on those...and it’s the only BIG coaster in that park so it makes sense it still has riders.
It’s far from the worst coaster I’ve ridden, but it’s also very far from the best either. The ride isn’t what it should be, and honestly in a few years time, I wouldn’t be surprised to see this thing trashed.

I wish they could figure out the banner. I like the overall look of the ride, but the life hill is kind of hideous. I also wish they's just choose a solid color for the lights at night. I know the disco package is more appropriate for the theme, but it doesn't look that great to me. Solid colors would also be helpful when trying to identify the roughest trains.

I’ve never had an issue with the roughness. My issue is the coaster is dull as dirt. There’s a block break every 5 seconds. The thing has no pacing at all

I can't really blame them for all the breaks. The load platform and final block run are tiny. They really need them to increase capacity.

I think the layout is solid for what they had to work with. The non-inverted loop is genuinely thrilling and many other elements are thrilling if you're a fan of positive G's. I'd like the ride a lot more without the block breaks, but the turnaround elements (treble cleff and the helix) are forceful enough as is. You still get some pops of airtime going into and coming out of the breaks.

Last edited:
I like the ride and judging from the near constant line for it, others do to. If you find it too rough or not your thing then maybe the rides not for you and you should pass on it. ET is not a fav of mine, I don't bother riding it, I also don't call for its removal either. Different people like different things, would be nice if people could understand that.

With technology the way it is, I'm surprised they don't have tech that allows you to search for whatever song you want real quick and play it on the ride
As much as I’d love that, they probably don’t want to deal with people listening/making music videos with reallyyyy explicit and not-politically correct songs on their rollercoaster.

With technology the way it is, I'm surprised they don't have tech that allows you to search for whatever song you want real quick and play it on the ride

As much as I’d love that, they probably don’t want to deal with people listening/making music videos with reallyyyy explicit and not-politically correct songs on their rollercoaster.

They just don't want to pay for it.

Searching for music would be a pain on that small unresponsive screen in the limited time you have.

Maybe being able to play your own music could be a choice but no phone in the queue and no real way to identify the rider or upload or share you music selection quickly.

They just don't want to pay for it.

Searching for music would be a pain on that small unresponsive screen in the limited time you have.

Maybe being able to play your own music could be a choice but no phone in the queue and no real way to identify the rider or upload or share you music selection quickly.
This, I think, is the thing to do (yes, I'm aware this'd take some time and money):

1.) Eliminate the on-vehicle cameras. I too have my doubts that the ride videos sell well anyway.

2.) Partner with a music streaming service (Spotify, TIDAL, Apple Music, et al.) and make that service's database available to riders through the UO app.

3.) Allow riders to pick, from that selection, one song to ride with, with each song being given its own unique 3-digit number.

4.) On the touchpad, a rider will enter their number, akin to how you punch in for a secret song now. If all goes as planned, the system will match the number to the song and play a segment from it during the ride like normal.

This, I think, is the thing to do (yes, I'm aware this'd take some time and money):

1.) Eliminate the on-vehicle cameras. I too have my doubts that the ride videos sell well anyway.

2.) Partner with a music streaming service (Spotify, TIDAL, Apple Music, et al.) and make that service's database available to riders through the UO app.

3.) Allow riders to pick, from that selection, one song to ride with, with each song being given its own unique 3-digit number.

4.) On the touchpad, a rider will enter their number, akin to how you punch in for a secret song now. If all goes as planned, the system will match the number to the song and play a segment from it during the ride like normal.
Agree 100 percent...It would give people something to do while in line, choose from a larger list and 'stream' their song on the ride

Real talk though, just make the secret list available to everyone