Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

The digging in Osaka was all infrastructure. At least from the vantage points we were shown.

1. Another attraction built ontop of MK?
  2. Studios facilities eg catering for production workers?
  3. More queue or machinery space - building had to be reduced/modified to fit USH so they added extra to the roof?

1. I would highly doubt that the MK building could support the weight of 2 full fledged rides, however I wouldn't rule out an additional experience of some sort (like an Olivanders / Savii's / VR smaller scale experience, thing, maybe meet and greet?)
2. The land is operated by the park, they would not build studio facility in the park.
3. Remember that Yoshi queue in Osaka is SLIGHTLY using the MK building, so we have that extra space to justify.

My best guess is it's either park offices (since the lower lot has been wanting new offices for a while), or a small retail / experience venue if it is in fact within the land.

The digging in Osaka was all infrastructure. At least from the vantage points we were shown.

1. I would highly doubt that the MK building could support the weight of 2 full fledged rides, however I wouldn't rule out an additional experience of some sort (like an Olivanders / Savii's / VR smaller scale experience, thing, maybe meet and greet?)
2. The land is operated by the park, they would not build studio facility in the park.
3. Remember that Yoshi queue in Osaka is SLIGHTLY using the MK building, so we have that extra space to justify.

My best guess is it's either park offices (since the lower lot has been wanting new offices for a while), or a small retail / experience venue if it is in fact within the land.

I'd say park offices is the most likely.

I'm honestly surprised USH don't use better use of height to grow the park as they are somewhat space restricted.

Multi level is the way to go.

EDIT: MK in Japan has this structure attached to the back of it - looks like a plant room to me, I'm gonna guess USH have just moved theirs to the roof.
ECAMWK6U0AAcNnX.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure about construction. But the building should be:

First Floor: Ride

Second Floor: catwalks for ride, entry foyer, exit gift shop, some queue

Third Floor: Most queue

I’ve shorthanded it as ride on lower level, queue on upper level, but there technically are stairs up to the queue after entering the building from Nintendo Land’s second level (Bowser’s Castle’s grand staircase of course).

I’ve shorthanded it as ride on lower level, queue on upper level, but there technically are stairs up to the queue after entering the building from Nintendo Land’s second level (Bowser’s Castle’s grand staircase of course).
Interesting, sounds like the queue for this ride is going to be ginormous. Cant wait to see whats in store there.

Maybe a bit off topic, so sorry for asking, do we know how long the ride time is going to be for MK? Seems like a decent amount of space, but I also can't imagine it being much more than 6/7 minutes.

Interesting, sounds like the queue for this ride is going to be ginormous. Cant wait to see whats in store there.

Maybe a bit off topic, so sorry for asking, do we know how long the ride time is going to be for MK? Seems like a decent amount of space, but I also can't imagine it being much more than 6/7 minutes.
That seems long for a ride like this. Maybe closer to 4? Don’t ask me though, I’m bad at guessing numbers lol.

That seems long for a ride like this. Maybe closer to 4? Don’t ask me though, I’m bad at guessing numbers lol.
I really just don’t know honestly. I’d assume the “Mario Kart Experience” is a 5 min ride, I’d hope. I also hope for longer rides as we all do, but was really hoping this one is 5-6 minutes

I feel people on here talk a lot about the first version and the plans that have changed, is this common knowledge around here? or just stuff insiders know? Im not really aware of what to expect but am beyond curious. 4 minutes is definitely not bad though.

I feel people on here talk a lot about the first version and the plans that have changed, is this common knowledge around here? or just stuff insiders know? Im not really aware of what to expect but am beyond curious. 4 minutes is definitely not bad though.

Can only speak for myself but I have no clue.

Can only speak for myself but I have no clue.
Fair enough, I just remember since Aug 1 there was lots of talk if “so many changes, so many new plans, can’t wait to see the final concept” so idk if it’s more here say or something I just wasn’t around for in the beginning lol. Not tryna blow up anyone’s spot either and reveal more than they’re allowed, but my curiosity for this ride is sky high

A couple of IU Insiders had details of the first version, including the simulated run, that they shared privately with some.

A couple of IU Insiders had details of the first version, including the simulated run, that they shared privately with some.
I figured as much! Can’t wait to hear what it was once we see the final product. Of course if anyone wants to share my PMs are open but I’m not expecting a thing :)

Question: If you go from the second to third levels via a staircase, how do you get from the third to the first?

Will there be a "stretching room"-esque pre show? Is it another staircase? Maybe the load area is on the third level and your ride vehicle travels downwards?