Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash (Construction Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was the old trackless version that was canceled. The new version will have a different story about pet adoption and be an omnimover.
Gotcha. That's kind of cute, actually! And leads well into a gift shop $$$

Any chance the version above comes to Orlando? The fact that I was able to easily find this online after a quick Google search doesn't seem to bode well for this version becoming a reality...:(

Gotcha. That's kind of cute, actually! And leads well into a gift shop $$$

Any chance the version above comes to Orlando? The fact that I was able to easily find this online after a quick Google search doesn't seem to bode well for this version becoming a reality...:(

My understanding is this version was in development by UC Orlando and had several versions in development, including one with a new human character. Eventually someone high up wanted to make it an all VR ride and the concept was cancelled and rebooted at UC Hollywood into what we are receiving.

Please let me know if I'm allowed to post this or not but is the video seen on the website below a pretty accurate representation of what we will get?

Theme Park
Yes, as Alicia said, that was one of two earlier versions, that was changed to whatever the new version will be. It was trackless and required a larger building than this new version will occupy. The ride was on the upper floor. Part of Queue, preshow. gift shop, and small QS restaurant, on first floor, and extended queue on basement floor. The pre show reminded me of the Guardians pre show , characters popping out of the ceiling also and a really hilarious bantor.

Last edited:
Yes, as Alicia said, that was the early version that was changed to whatever the new version will be. It was trackless and required a larger building than this new version will occupy.
It's kind of interesting that this ride also had 38 ride vehicles, which is the number Rise of the Resistance is also rumored to have. Not sure if that's just a coincidence or if reflects some design standard for trackless rides of this size.

Last edited:
Sorry but themeing a show building that can primarily be seen from outside the park is literally the most pointless idea ever. No theme park does that or ever will do that.

Why did i go into a lengthy explanation on theming when i could have just said that? I applaude your sick comeback skillz, Kpeek!

is anyone else bothered by how lazy and cheap this already looks with the blank soundstage walls instead of finishing the facade. Smh. In 2019 (2020).
I don’t like it, but it just doesn’t seem to be something Creative cares that much about. Even Wizarding World additions/clones do very little to hide the big boxes, so it’s not just a matter of IP-tiering.

I don’t like it, but it just doesn’t seem to be something Creative cares that much about. Even Wizarding World additions/clones do very little to hide the big boxes, so it’s not just a matter of IP-tiering.

That's...not exactly true, as I pull the black sheep that is Orlando's Supercharged and how they basically themed all of the guest-sides. On an additional note, Kong in a similar way for the entire show-side of the building for Orlando is themed to match.

Additionally, Jurassic World got some love in the terms of the attraction and how they handled that.

Please let me know if I'm allowed to post this or not but is the video seen on the website below a pretty accurate representation of what we will get?

Theme Park

It's amazing to see that finally out in the wild, especially when looking at certain effects they were aiming to do and pull (one of my favorites was the Tiberius AA [which I really hope is still apart of this version in some way]).

Very good point. The mural on the side of the JW show building is a definite improvement. Give credit where credit is due.

It does make me wish that in some ways, that they could've done something with the side of the Pets facade facing the Hilton (as they could've done a mural piece in some regards, similar to what they have on the Universal backlot), but part of me suspects it's more because that it's more to where the end of the guest-reach will be from Pets and Despicable Me to backstage now.

Could they of done something? Yes, and I do think the mural would've been simple to do. But knowing that it's likely backstage space, I'm not as upset with it.

That's...not exactly true, as I pull the black sheep that is Orlando's Supercharged and how they basically themed all of the guest-sides. On an additional note, Kong in a similar way for the entire show-side of the building for Orlando is themed to match.
I had forgotten about Supercharged! Still, though, we’re looking at the exception, not the rule, though I’m hoping that it becomes the rule sooner than later.

Next thing you know, we'll finally figure out what they were going to do with the Mummy.
giphy.gif

Theme Park

This is a really good find, I remember a while back when a blueprint of the ride got accidentally leaked and I was wondering how the ride was gonna' turn out.

I do hope there's a future attraction which attempts some aspects of this, since I feel there's a lot of potential with having AA's on their own RV travelling along with you. It's a lot of untapped potential which hasn't even been scratched yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.