Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash (Construction Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a really good find, I remember a while back when a blueprint of the ride got accidentally leaked and I was wondering how the ride was gonna' turn out.

I do hope there's a future attraction which attempts some aspects of this, since I feel there's a lot of potential with having AA's on their own RV travelling along with you. It's a lot of untapped potential which hasn't even been scratched yet.

Agreed, especially with how Snowball would've been in a sense, one of the more...elaborate AA's on just a technical level. Makes me really wonder how much fluidity he'd actually have, considering the amount of time that riders would've had with Snowball in that form.

Agreed, especially with how Snowball would've been in a sense, one of the more...elaborate AA's on just a technical level. Makes me really wonder how much fluidity he'd actually have, considering the amount of time that riders would've had with Snowball in that form.

It just seems strange that they would just drop this version given how much development seemingly went with it (EDIT: Well, maybe not that strange given how easy it is to concept and how expensive it is to build in the theme park industry). Usually Universal doesn't put this much effort into rides based on their own IPs so the fact that we almost got a ride with Tokyo Disneyland level trackless ride vehicle interaction is kind of crazy.

I do hope that the quality of animatronics will be similar on the omnimover version however, given that that is something that can be easily ported from the old version to the new.

And certainly some of the concepts seen in this ride will make their way into other attractions throughout the future. That's sort of the great thing about old ride concepts, is that it's always neat to see what does and doesn't get carried over into the future, whether that's Van Helsing to Harry Potter, or the various implementations of the Kuka arms over the years, or some of the ideas for Beastly Kingdom coming to the Merlinwood section of Lost Continent.

It wasn’t leaked, it’s some dude showing his work for hire.

For a little clarification, I wasn't saying this pre-vis video was leaked. The leak I mentioned was the blueprint that had all the AA's/animated figures listed for each scene, that was certainly a leak and not surprisingly one that was yoinked off the forums very quickly.

For a little clarification, I wasn't saying this pre-vis video was leaked. The leak I mentioned was the blueprint that had all the AA's/animated figures listed for each scene, that was certainly a leak and not surprisingly one that was yoinked off the forums very quickly.

There's a difference though: The pre-vis and conceptual images were all from when the attraction was developed as something completely different than what we are getting now.

Off The Leash is a very different animal (pun intended) than what was being developed back in 2016, and even then; that changed up pretty quick before they completely ditched the trackless option. It should also have a different story, especially as the focus of the original was more of a recap of Pets 1 (where-as this is following a somewhat original story).

There's a difference though: The pre-vis and conceptual images were all from when the attraction was developed as something completely different than what we are getting now.

Off The Leash is a very different animal (pun intended) than what was being developed back in 2016, and even then; that changed up pretty quick before they completely ditched the trackless option. It should also have a different story, especially as the focus of the original was more of a recap of Pets 1 (where-as this is following a somewhat original story).

That's both great news and a bit of a damn shame. There we're some scenes in that blueprint i would have liked to seen be made in reality. Cat's Alley, The Underground Lair... What i believe is a giant aligator, i think. There was some high promise there.

I think it was a weird concept. And the animals just remind me of cats riding around on Roombas. I can’t unsee it.

Wasn't the idea supposed to be that the pets mocked up some sort of vehicle using trash? I wonder if it just wasn't visualized in this.

That's both great news and a bit of a damn shame. There we're some scenes in that blueprint i would have liked to seen be made in reality. Cat's Alley, The Underground Lair... What i believe is a giant aligator, i think. There was some high promise there.

We don't know yet if those scenes are in the new version in some way, it's entirely possible even with a different storyline.

There were other proofs that showed much more detail than you can see on that computer ride through. The largely practical sets were pretty detailed , with AA's, like the huge alligator, throughout. The bird's actions seemed to be the most intricate.

Last edited:
It does make me wish that in some ways, that they could've done something with the side of the Pets facade facing the Hilton (as they could've done a mural piece in some regards, similar to what they have on the Universal backlot), but part of me suspects it's more because that it's more to where the end of the guest-reach will be from Pets and Despicable Me to backstage now.

Could they of done something? Yes, and I do think the mural would've been simple to do. But knowing that it's likely backstage space, I'm not as upset with it.

I am totally onboard with not wasting money theming stuff out of guest view/accessibility, however this giant blank beige wall will be completely an totally unavoidably visible from the entrance of the ride. That is unacceptable. Anyone using the argument that it's a "STUDIOS" park is simply ignoring the fact that everything happening right now is transitioning the park AWAY from that "THEME". WWoHP? Immersive land. JW? Immersive land. SNW? Immersive land. Now again I understand Studios is in the name and its obviously a working studio, but on the theme park side of things they have clearly made an effort to move further and further away from that "theme" for the park itself, outside obviously the Studio Tour. Much like how DHS is moving away from "how movies are made" to "step into the movies". There are easy ways around this. Have the facade come out from the building and corner it, helping to obscure the view of the blank wall behind it, but the opposite is happening here. The beige wall goes further out than the facade.

Good job guys. Jpland21 just posted the pre-vis video in its entirety without any commentary or context. Pretty irresponsible of posting that without context but I guess these hack you tubers will do anything for views.

Good job guys. Jpland21 just posted the pre-vis video in its entirety without any commentary or context. Pretty irresponsible of posting that without context but I guess these hack you tubers will do anything for views.

I could count the numbers of Youtubers who are actually knowledgeable, insightful and have a shred of integrity on one hand.

Speaking of hack youtubers here's a construction update from today.

Why are you getting angry at us?! We weren't the ones who uploaded the video to get those sweet, sweet views.

I could count the numbers of Youtubers who are actually knowledgeable, insightful and have a shred of integrity on one hand.

Well, since you brought it up, who are the ones you can count on your hand? Would be good information to know. Currently the only "universal park-focused" youtuber I follow is Theme Park Obsession.

Not angry but people here post his videos. He I am sure logs in here so I am really calling him out.
Oh he reads the comments on here. I ran into him back on July 4th waiting for JW to soft open and mentioned the forums to him. He said that he notices that a “lot of people have been talking $#!%” about him. He knows and he’s reading. I know for a fact Murdy reads the forums here as well.

Oh he reads the comments on here. I ran into him back on July 4th waiting for JW to soft open and mentioned the forums to him. He said that he notices that a “lot of people have been talking $#!%” about him. He knows and he’s reading. I know for a fact Murdy reads the forums here as well.

We’re read by quite a few more, too. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.