Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash (Construction Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's sort of a rough, rough idea as to what the main entrance could look like. I actually really like it. Especially when the other buildings get revealed.

Oooo nice! That looks great! Though i'm not sure if it will be as colorful in the finished product. Something that eye-catching right next door would most likely make Minion Mayhem's facade less appealing.

You know the sad part is people talk about IP like box office is all that matters lol...

Radiator Springs Racers is a ride that has continuously gotten the highest wait times since it opened yet the box office seemed mediocre with the sequels and yet....

merchandise and this ride can do that in droves considering the premise plus as many have stated its a perfectly fine dark ride that USH needs
I don't like the Car movies but was always for the land because Route 66 is a great area and it worked out amazing....but are you really comparing Racers and its land to SLOP? I doubt it will get that kinda draw or the land will be that detailed.

What "cool area" went away for SLOP? The Globe Theater? lol
I mean if from what we are hearing they are changing the current area into a generic city...then theme wise yeah we are losing a cool themed area for "cartoon city" also while under used the Global did have the Laika exhibit a few years back, which is probably the coolest event they have had in the parks ever. It was well themed and had lots of things for movie fans to look at.

I don't like the Car movies but was always for the land because Route 66 is a great area and it worked out amazing....but are you really comparing Racers and its land to SLOP? I doubt it will get that kinda draw or the land will be that detailed.

I don't think Moose was talking at all about the quality/theming of the ride. He was more giving reasoning on why not all IPs have to score big in the box office, a stance i just so happen to believe in.

Don’t know if it’s because I’m more of a casual viewer, but I’ve had fun with every illumination movie I remember watching. Excited for this ride and hoping if they make it a full on land a Sing show can happen (the moon theater is a perfect exterior too). Plus, a possible Scarlet Overkill presence in the land would be fun also! The SLOP ride looks awesome

Also confused by the box office talk, didn’t SLOP 1 do great? From everything I’ve read it looks to have been very sucessful

Also confused by the box office talk, didn’t SLOP 1 do great? From everything I’ve read it looks to have been very sucessful

No one's saying it wasn't successful. The first movie made about $875 million worldwide, which is great for a new IP. The "problem" is that the second film made about $429 million worldwide, less than half of what its predecessor did. It still seems like - and is - a hell of a lot of money, but it's problematic (for lack of a better word) because it shows declining interest on behalf of the audience. Couple that with the film's lukewarm critical response. The sequel was greenlit not long after the first film's release and success, whereas it's been months since the sequel released and there's not a word about a third film, which just suggests that those involved are likely mulling over what to do going forward (if anything) when there's a risk another sequel could suffer another 50% drop.

And I'm not commenting on whether any of that has to do with whether or not a ride/land could be great. As others have pointed out, it's not like the Cars franchise blew up the box office compared to other Pixar movies, yet the land is great. I've never seen either of the Pets movies, but I'm holding out hope the ride is good... It'd give me a reason to go to that area of the park more since I always skip Minion Mayhem every time I visit.

No one's saying it wasn't successful. The first movie made about $875 million worldwide, which is great for a new IP. The "problem" is that the second film made about $429 million worldwide, less than half of what its predecessor did. It still seems like - and is - a hell of a lot of money, but it's problematic (for lack of a better word) because it shows declining interest on behalf of the audience. Couple that with the film's lukewarm critical response. The sequel was greenlit not long after the first film's release and success, whereas it's been months since the sequel released and there's not a word about a third film, which just suggests that those involved are likely mulling over what to do going forward (if anything) when there's a risk another sequel could suffer another 50% drop.

And I'm not commenting on whether any of that has to do with whether or not a ride/land could be great. As others have pointed out, it's not like the Cars franchise blew up the box office compared to other Pixar movies, yet the land is great. I've never seen either of the Pets movies, but I'm holding out hope the ride is good... It'd give me a reason to go to that area of the park more since I always skip Minion Mayhem every time I visit.
Cars made its big money in merchandise, not ticket sales. That was likely a big incentive for the land.

Yeah, the merch for Pets should balance things out; considering how easy it is to market animals for kids.

Don’t know if it’s because I’m more of a casual viewer, but I’ve had fun with every illumination movie I remember watching. Excited for this ride and hoping if they make it a full on land a Sing show can happen (the moon theater is a perfect exterior too). Plus, a possible Scarlet Overkill presence in the land would be fun also! The SLOP ride looks awesome

Honestly, I quite like most of Illumination's content, because I'm looking to find a good time (except Minions as the solo film--that can go to the gutter).

I would be highly interested to see how they'd handle Sing, whether it'd be bringing the Osaka show stateside or doing something more..expansive with it. And combining that with the amazing Pets facade, it could be a marvel to look at.

It really hasn't seemed that SLOP merchandise did well at Orlando. It moved to the back shelves pretty quickly after both movies. ...But it does seem to be a near perfect pick for a dark ride, considering the IP's owned by Universal.

This is both sides right? The front one is the only one that’s left to be revealed?

The main entrance (Katie's Apartment) has yet to be fully unsheathed, but yes; both sides finally have their tarps down with the scaffolding remaining.

A different view, from E-Ticket Insight.

Curious to see how long we have left until the scaffolding comes completely down, for either side honestly.

The main entrance (Katie's Apartment) has yet to be fully unsheathed, but yes; both sides finally have their tarps down with the scaffolding remaining.

Curious to see how long we have left until the scaffolding comes completely down, for either side honestly.
I’m curious how detailed the facade will ultimately be (animated sillouettes in the windows, windowly details like flowers outside one apartment but not another, etc.) I saw a five fires video where the guy said he saw different windows in the same townhouse with different curtains so you never know... just glad it’s 3D and not a giant sticker (which to be honest has bummed me a bit in the past, looking st you portofino bay even if I love you)

Status
Not open for further replies.