Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

That's great news! So glad I got the FFP this year so I can enjoy the park without feeling any particular rush.
Only thing I'll have really missed out on this year is the Studio Tour and the Dreamworks Theater (and Minions, but who cares about that).

What would you guys say is the busiest hour of an average night at HHN? I’m thinking it gets the most packed between 9-10 pm but have there been any instances where wait times strangely increase during the final hour?

What would you guys say is the busiest hour of an average night at HHN? I’m thinking it gets the most packed between 9-10 pm but have there been any instances where wait times strangely increase during the final hour?
It’s pretty busy wall-to-wall, honestly. I’d say peak times each night is between 8-11. Things don’t let up at all during those hours.

I’ve only been on a Saturday and a Sunday. Saturday was legit packed all night long. I walked out of there at 1:30 and the shortest wait was HOTC at 30 minutes; ST, KK, and GB were still each over 90 minutes, Us was an hour. Kinda crazy.

I went the very next day (Sunday) and things definitely peaked until around 10. Wait times were almost identical to the night before. Seems like things started to dip around 11:30, 12. By the time I left (quarter after 1am, maybe?) everything except ST, KK, and Us was was like 15-20-25-30 or so. I checked my phone before bed, just out of curiosity, and things hadn’t changed much.

I’m going again tonight, expecting it to be really busy but it’s all good. At this point I’m just doing the hits. Excited to see if Throwback Thursday is any fun.

It’s pretty busy wall-to-wall, honestly. I’d say peak times each night is between 8-11. Things don’t let up at all during those hours.

I’ve only been on a Saturday and a Sunday. Saturday was legit packed all night long. I walked out of there at 1:30 and the shortest wait was HOTC at 30 minutes; ST, KK, and GB were still each over 90 minutes, Us was an hour. Kinda crazy.

I went the very next day (Sunday) and things definitely peaked until around 10. Wait times were almost identical to the night before. Seems like things started to dip around 11:30, 12. By the time I left (quarter after 1am, maybe?) everything except ST, KK, and Us was was like 15-20-25-30 or so. I checked my phone before bed, just out of curiosity, and things hadn’t changed much.

I’m going again tonight, expecting it to be really busy but it’s all good. At this point I’m just doing the hits. Excited to see if Throwback Thursday is any fun.

FWIW, some of those waits were lies. All Metro mazes were walk-ons by 12:45am on Saturday regardless of what the wait boards said.

FWIW, some of those waits were lies. All Metro mazes were walk-ons by 12:45am on Saturday regardless of what the wait boards said.
Yeah, would not be surprised by that at all! I wasn’t down there to verify but I believe it. But the hard thing is hoofing it down there to see for yourself...depending on your energy level and where you are in the park, it might not feel worth it. Lots of people recommend saving Metro sets until the end for this reason, which is a smart move IMO. Will try that tonight.

A note on the Springfield area.

Matt Groening vetoed a set of menus cause he didn't like the font. He is the one who has the say in whether the area gets turned into tree house of horrors, not Disney.

Currently in line for "pandora's box" and someone around me said, "Have you guys heard of the movie 'pandora's box', I've never heard of it until tonight, I thought they only get popular movies".

Thank god the lines are short today, I would have walked out.

In case you didn't see me tweeting it, but in Us, Pluto/Masked Red Son now scuttles about in the living room, and in Pandora's Box, the lights going out is now extended into the Skeleton Room, and they're really using it to their advantage... the lights are on, you see them in their cage, the lights go out, and when they come back on, they're outside the cage and right in your face. Really fun!

In case you didn't see me tweeting it, but in Us, Pluto/Masked Red Son now scuttles about in the living room, and in Pandora's Box, the lights going out is now extended into the Skeleton Room, and they're really using it to their advantage... the lights are on, you see them in their cage, the lights go out, and when they come back on, they're outside the cage and right in your face. Really fun!
When was pluto in the living room? Went in around 7:45 and didn't see him. Also I think the lights going out in the skeleton room has been happening for most of the run, but I agree that it's really fun.

We noticed Pluto Thursday and the Sunday before, around 6:30 give or take. In fact, on the first night we noticed Pluto, he was scurrying all the way from the first scare "outside", through the house, and into the living room. Which was a bit odd, since you also see him in the window, so for a split second, there were two Plutos. Perhaps a cast change?

I honestly can't remember if the lights have been going out in the skeleton section for a while. I suppose it could be possible, but either way, it seems only more recently that they've taken full advantage of it.

When was pluto in the living room? Went in around 7:45 and didn't see him. Also I think the lights going out in the skeleton room has been happening for most of the run, but I agree that it's really fun.

Pluto's "new spot" may in fact be the actor going the extra mile to cross the room to reach one of his two hides.

Not 100% on this, but I believe the lights going out in the skeleton room is part of the performer's trigger.

Pluto's "new spot" may in fact be the actor going the extra mile to cross the room to reach one of his two hides.

Not 100% on this, but I believe the lights going out in the skeleton room is part of the performer's trigger.
You're most likely right about pluto, as I've seen that kind of thing before, like last year in Trick r Treat there were a few occasions where Sam appeared in the werewolf room and got a few scares in before moving across the room to get to his boo hole.

Wait times are showing Forbidden Journey is indeed open, but what about Hippogriff?! Olivanders? Can we get butterbeer or is the restaurant open? I need answerssss!!!

Also, because of it being open and sporting a 70 minute wait currently, it looks like it's sucking up quite a lot of business as the metro sets are all less than 30 minutes. It's a peak night and nothing is at 2-3 hours at it's peak time in the evening.

THIS IS WHAT NEEDED TO HAPPEN FROM THE BEGINNING, UNIVERSAL!!!