The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely not. The two need to be kept separate. Completely different in tone and style and purpose.

Without building a second show arena... aka basically using a soundstage to build out a stage and stadium seating like Impact does, I see no way to have both with the following both shows now have. As mentioned AoV had droves of people come to the event just for their shows. B&T was the same. AoV with a street show would cause a gigantic cluster, they have become too big for it. Bill and Ted coming back could not be shafted into a street show... Animal actors can be used for a small stage show like the magic shows of the past, but the actual animal actors stage can not be altered, and if our tour guide was correct, pyro and other effects would bother the animals that call that building home. I saw screw it and make us all take the ungodly long walk between the studios and the show building in IOA... Put one in FFL and one in Hoffman's old stomping ground.

Reactions: truejonas and JoshO
Hypothetically speaking...couldn't they have one of the stages for a show (perhaps AoV if it is indeed going in-park this time), at the place where they put the Drop Tower set-piece from Zombieland? I would honestly wonder if they'd be tempted to do it, and to then have a separate show at the Mels and then presumably Bill and Ted in FFL.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
Without building a second show arena... aka basically using a soundstage to build out a stage and stadium seating like Impact does, I see no way to have both with the following both shows now have. As mentioned AoV had droves of people come to the event just for their shows. B&T was the same. AoV with a street show would cause a gigantic cluster, they have become too big for it. Bill and Ted coming back could not be shafted into a street show... Animal actors can be used for a small stage show like the magic shows of the past, but the actual animal actors stage can not be altered, and if our tour guide was correct, pyro and other effects would bother the animals that call that building home. I saw screw it and make us all take the ungodly long walk between the studios and the show building in IOA... Put one in FFL and one in Hoffman's old stomping ground.

they could always build the stage for AOV in the fast and furious queues or behind the building lol.

Reactions: truejonas
Hypothetically speaking...couldn't they have one of the stages for a show (perhaps AoV if it is indeed going in-park this time), at the place where they put the Drop Tower set-piece from Zombieland? I would honestly wonder if they'd be tempted to do it, and to then have a separate show at the Mels and then presumably Bill and Ted in FFL.

No way there's enough room in that area of NY for a stage show on the scale of AoV - there's 3 house entrances, a house exit, the tribute store, Mummy and a scarezone all right there, so having anything longer than the occasional 3-5min "play" they've been doing the past couple of years absolutely would not be feasible.

And they can't do a Mel's stage anymore either if they plan on doing a Lagoon show, so that location is also out.

Really the only feasible solution is to get rid of Animal Actors and turn that space into a "black box" type of entertainment venue, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Am I the only one who doesn't want IT at the event, I know the hype for the property has SIGNIFICANTLY died down after the second movie; but I think that an IT maze would be rather dull and repetitive and my only draw would be the giant pennywise at the end.
Now Beetlejuice on the other end...

Reactions: truejonas

As much as folks complain about the Central Park bottlenecks and the San Fran bottlenecks (especially with Hellbilly this past year).....

Reactions: Darko
Am I the only one who doesn't want IT at the event, I know the hype for the property has SIGNIFICANTLY died down after the second movie; but I think that an IT maze would be rather dull and repetitive and my only draw would be the giant pennywise at the end.

You’re probably gonna be at the opposite spectrum of a large majority of potential attendees. :lol:

As long as they're still allowed to do at least one original house and one original zone, I really don't see why they couldn't do both one TC house and one TC zone. It doesn't need to be on the marketing, it doesn't have to be the whole park, it doesn't need an interactive website, and it's not trademarked. I guess it could depend on where they want original zones and IP zones, but I don't think see why some seem to think that a house-zone combo is a pipedream. Like five years ago we had a house involving Shadybrook entering from a zone involving Shadybrook.

My <rough> idea (depending on location):
Demon Cantina facade (with people on spikes)
Demon Cantina
Skool
Cemetery Mines
Body Collectors
Fire Pits
Terra Throne finale

Last edited:
Reactions: JawsVictim

i need pennywise in hhn, not want, need, i need to see him in a house, need to see him in the sewers

i need pennywise in hhn, not want, need, i need to see him in a house, need to see him in the sewers

There would be big benefits and big potential disadvantages to It. The disadvantage would be crowds, as well as the need to make it a megahouse--god knows what impact that would have on the budget for other houses.

The benefit would be that the family friendly talk would go completely silent. And It would make 30 feel like a big year.

So are we pretty much speculating there will be more originals than IPs next year? I really hope that's the case.

6 IPs seems...
  • impossible in that there's not really a plethora of IPs left to choose from
  • ridiculous in that tying any of those leftover IPs to a central theme seems difficult, and a mish-mash of themes would hurt
  • counter-intuitive as it would make all IPs look weaker when stacked next to each other
Ghostbusters, Klowns, and Stranger Things, at least, all sort of flowed together (because 80s I guess), but, given that we don't go with 80s for a third time, what are they gonna do? What content is left to pick up from that can be enough for a 6/5 ratio of cohesive houses? That's just my take.

Status
Not open for further replies.