Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Orlando Project Numbers

Some updates from the new roadway plans:
Project 960 is the EU parking lot.
Project 962 is Universal Way.
Projects 903 and 904 are confirmed to be the locations rumored for HTTYD and SNW.

Also, project 931 is still incorrect in the first post and should actually be EU BOH.
Updated. Any idea on 961? Maybe that could be Kirkman Expansion, or maybe even Mandarin Drive?

Updated. Any idea on 961? Maybe that could be Kirkman Expansion, or maybe even Mandarin Drive?
There wasn't anything in the documents posted today. It seems to me that 961 would likely be the Kirkman Extension, but that's just a guess and there are other reasonable possibilities.

I'm pretty sure that the Mandarin extension is dead, at least realistically, if not yet formally.

Added Project 301, which looks to have been a cancelled flying theater project according to a recent story in the Orlando Sentinel.

F10D8BFC-87FE-4499-B880-E6C4CFB4435C.jpeg

The timing lines up with rumored plans to bring back the earlier concept of Helicoptours at Islands of Adventure. It was originally being designed as a Jurassic Park flying simulator, but then switched to Jurassic World in development. However, since it was going to be built in the former Triceratops Encounter plot, supposedly they weren’t happy about possible sightlines from across the park having a big box building, so they decided on building a new coaster instead. And the rest is history.

I don’t know if this project number is for the IOA project, but could be. Thoughts?

Added Project 301, which looks to have been a cancelled flying theater project according to a recent story in the Orlando Sentinel.

View attachment 14297

The timing lines up with rumored plans to bring back the earlier concept of Helicoptours at Islands of Adventure. It was originally being designed as a Jurassic Park flying simulator, but then switched to Jurassic World in development. However, since it was going to be built in the former Triceratops Encounter plot, supposedly they weren’t happy about possible sightlines from across the park having a big box building, so they decided on building a new coaster instead. And the rest is history.

I don’t know if this project number is for the IOA project, but could be. Thoughts?
The Project Number seems to point back to the cancelled (or relocated to IOA) Kong ride at Disaster From the Fallon thread. @ParkRumors dug up an old thread mentioning the number by HateToFly from Orlando United days.
According to this old HateToFly article from the OU days, Project 301 was a ride set to replace Disaster. Interestingly, the info he had at the time lined up pretty well with Kong (Project 340) - so I'm not sure if he was just conflating two projects, or if Kong somehow began life as a FlyBoard/motion theater attraction and later grew beyond that scope and into the attraction we have today.

301.jpg

The Project Number seems to point back to the cancelled (or relocated to IOA) Kong ride at Disaster From the Fallon thread. @ParkRumors dug up an old thread mentioning the number by HateToFly from Orlando United days.
According to the lawsuit in the paper today, sounds like whatever it was, it would’ve been a flying theater.

According to the lawsuit in the paper today, sounds like whatever it was, it would’ve been a flying theater.
Which begs the question I guess of if that original Kong ride was supposed to be a flying theater and they decided to go with a different design.

Which begs the question I guess of if that original Kong ride was supposed to be a flying theater and they decided to go with a different design.
Lol would’ve been perfect for the new movie apparently.

While I would have taken HelicopTours as an additional attraction in Jurassic Park, I'm not too broken up about there NOT being another pure simulator at the resort.

UNLESS, say, HelicopTours got built and Twister was not replaced. I'd have been okay with that trade-off.

Maybe wires got crossed with Andy’s reporting.
That would make sensI always wondered why the switch to islands
Like I said, the timing lines up with the possible Helicoptours revival in IOA. It’s not something we knew about at the time, but man I’d love to learn more about it now.
And
Maybe wires got crossed with Andy’s reporting.
Always wanted to know more about Kong going into disaster and why the switch to islands

What's nuts is this could be for anything from Shrek, Fear Factor, or even either of the two CityWalk locations!

Any guesses based on project numbers of the past? I know some CityWalk permits have started with 2 before.

Could 2 indicate second floor?