Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know IT has been shot down a lot due to Warner Bros' event.. but they didn't have it this year, and who knows if they'll have it in 2020.

Money talks, Warner Bros likes money, and Universal has a lot of money. IT would be a major draw, and I think Uni can make it happen.

If there’s only a few IPs next year, does that mean we’re getting some new originals, or mostly sequels/mash ups a la 25? Word of another Scarecrow house makes me think it’s the latter.
Dunno. And probably won’t know with any certainty until March at the earliest (and possibly as late as June).

There’s rarely any talk about non-IP houses before then. If there is, it’s in hand-wavy, big picture terms that don’t really say anything (for example, Body Collectors x Shadybrook was originally leaked as “Blizzard house.”

Dunno. And probably won’t know with any certainty until March at the earliest (and possibly as late as June).

There’s rarely any talk about non-IP houses before then. If there is, it’s in hand-wavy, big picture terms that don’t really say anything (for example, Body Collectors x Shadybrook was originally leaked as “Blizzard house.”

Says a lot about who leaks...

I honestly can't see another Monsters house given we just had one. If the Monsters are to reappear, I would suspect them to be within an anniversary house or maybe even part of a scarezone, at most.
I heard Wolfman v Frankenstein: Dawn of Justice (lmao) was actually pretty good over at Hollywood. Perhaps we can see that or something similar if they want the Monsters to come back?

I heard Wolfman v Frankenstein: Dawn of Justice (lmao) was actually pretty good over at Hollywood. Perhaps we can see that or something similar if they want the Monsters to come back?
Certainly, anything is possible. I also heard it was received quite well over there. The rumor of only 2-3 IPs suggests that Universal wants to bring only heavy-hitting properties that draw in attention and massive crowds, though.

Certainly, anything is possible. I also heard it was received quite well over there. The rumor of only 2-3 IPs suggests that Universal wants to bring only heavy-hitting properties that draw in attention and massive crowds, though.

The Monster houses are different as they can tug the lines of IP/Original. Unless the house is directly related to a movie, a monster house is an original with IP characters.

Please don't take it personally. We're just being a bit more anal and strict with the speculation this year.
Can I offer some feedback on this? As a lurking newbie who wants to follow your rules, it's not clear where the other stuff belongs.

Scrolling on the main forum page to the "Halloween Horror Nights - Orlando" forum then to the following page. The General forum is waaaaaaaay at the bottom of the screen out of site. If that could be pinned closer to the top and made more visible against the 29/30 forums that would help getting the message out and would likely cause you to not have to moderate as much.

I'd be all for a Monsters scare zone. Hollywood would be a great spot for it.

Eh. I love the Monsters, but they literally just did it for the last anniversary year in 25. Monster house? Sure. Zone? Meh.

Can I offer some feedback on this? As a lurking newbie who wants to follow your rules, it's not clear where the other stuff belongs.

Scrolling on the main forum page to the "Halloween Horror Nights - Orlando" forum then to the following page. The General forum is waaaaaaaay at the bottom of the screen out of site. If that could be pinned closer to the top and made more visible against the 29/30 forums that would help getting the message out and would likely cause you to not have to moderate as much.

I can adjust the thread accordingly.

Basically, we're looking for realistic expectations to add to the discussion and trying to avoid people throwing any scary movie into it because "scary movie". Theoretically, any scary movie is possible unless there is some hang-up with rights, costs, translation, etc.. so that adds nothing to the topic. With Wish Lists, that opens the door to go down that road, which is why we started the Wish List thread for each coast.

Monsters this year was fully considered an IP. We would've had an even split if it was considered an original.

Because marketing? Yeah, they are still the Monsters and should be marketed. That doesn't mean it's outright an IP. Everything about the house was an original creation of A&D. As I said, it blurs the line between original and IP.

Yes I know All Nite Die-In: Double Feature existed, I was more talking a full blown zone around just them, not also Chucky and Jason and Freddy and the like. But fair enough. I see y'all's point. I loved Double Feature, nothing against it.

I would point out that a Monsters SZ would be the biggest selfie zone of all time and therefore the worst nightmare of some of the HHN faithful, but I don't believe that genie is going back in the bottle.

Status
Not open for further replies.