Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

source.gif

That was terrible sarcasm since in actuality Universal is keeping Marvel. Try harder next time.

In actuality, Disney is also keeping Dumbo and Star Wars. The whole thing was consistently sarcastic.

I don’t know if his info is any good, but if they do have the rights to the LOTR it will be much more than just one ride.

Shows are Universal's biggest weakness stateside which is why we can't have half the shows USJ gets like the huge Christmas Show and the hour and a half duration One Piece overlay to Waterworld. Stateside, I wish they took even 1/4 of the effort to make complex storyline driven shows like they do in USJ.
And those shows aren’t here... why?

USJ isn’t like TDL where it’s OLC vs TWDC. Universal owns it. So it’s either the company doesn’t feel they need to spend that money on shows domestically because the WDW shows don’t match up to TDL’s, so the only reason USJ is show heavy is because they are TDL’s competition.
Or it might also be because the American and Brazilian/England tourist doesn’t care about it.

I’m going to go with the latter. The majority of the folks I see in the parks appear to be the Chili’s and bud light crowd to me. Not that that’s bad, but let’s just say they may not like the “finer things” and are more than satisfied with adequacy.

I couldn't get past the first few mins of that video, it's excruciating.

That and it's clearly total BS.

Ya... they’re a bit of a whip. I saw 2-3 mins of a previous video and couldn’t make it through. But I dislike tracker videos also. I can’t take artificial enthusiasm. And if it’s not artificial, then I definitely can’t enjoy watching people who are that enthusiastic about a new keychain. That’s not my bag. I simply want the info and don’t care about the person giving it.

And those shows aren’t here... why?

USJ isn’t like TDL where it’s OLC vs TWDC. Universal owns it. So it’s either the company doesn’t feel they need to spend that money on shows domestically because the WDW shows don’t match up to TDL’s, so the only reason USJ is show heavy is because they are TDL’s competition.
Or it might also be because the American and Brazilian/England tourist doesn’t care about it.

I’m going to go with the latter. The majority of the folks I see in the parks appear to be the Chili’s and bud light crowd to me. Not that that’s bad, but let’s just say they may not like the “finer things” and are more than satisfied with adequacy.

Ya... they’re a bit of a whip. I saw 2-3 mins of a previous video and couldn’t make it through. But I dislike tracker videos also. I can’t take artificial enthusiasm. And if it’s not artificial, then I definitely can’t enjoy watching people who are that enthusiastic about a new keychain. That’s not my bag. I simply want the info and don’t care about the person giving it.
Your point on the shows is interesting. I never thought of it that way, but it sure seems you may be onto something. I personally love a good show, sometimes more than a good ride, but I've always felt I was in the minority on that.

You can dislike their “rumor” but hate like that isn’t right.

The way I see it once you start posting baseless rumors online and passing them off as insider information then you open yourself up to Criticism. Full disclosure I haven't watched their video and won’t be giving them any views.

One finally thought so as to not derail this thread any further but, the last couple years have been great for theme parks fans worldwide. Just look at this forum and how we now have regular updates from overseas parks. But at the same time it’s given a platform to many people who have no idea what they are talking about. Pushing baseless rumors to get views doesn’t do our community any good.

And when all personal attacks and judgmental comments have been posted for a video no one was forced to watch, I stay, eyes closed, believing in Middle Earth for EU. Maybe it's not wise but I can dream up at least 2 theme parks worth of rides, shops, restaurants and shows for this ip only.

And when all personal attacks and judgmental comments have been posted for a video no one was forced to watch, I stay, eyes closed, believing in Middle Earth for EU. Maybe it's not wise but I can dream up at least 2 theme parks worth of rides, shops, restaurants and shows for this ip only.
If they can secure the rights, it’s a great property for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.