Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DL)

It sounds like a legitimate rumor and anything can happen! Jurassic World soft opened before an opening date was announced:lol:. Have to keep a close eye on the attraction this month.

Here is a general overview of the attraction:

Here is a full ride through of the actual ride part:

It looks good, but I would have much rather have had something like Hagrid's. This looks like something designed more for the WDW crowd that rarely visits instead of the Disneyland crowd that mainly consists of APs.

The low thrill factor as well as the fact that it doesn't look like there will be much to discover on additional ride throughs makes this feel like something that was designed for one ride through instead of a 100.

Modern Disney could really learn from Tony Baxter's philosophy about designing rides for the 20th time instead of the 1st time.

Also, there is way too much focus on preshow stuff. Having to watch all those preshows will severely limit the appeal of re-rides.

Still, this is a massive improvement over Smuggler's Run and the sets look great.

Here is a general overview of the attraction:

Here is a full ride through of the actual ride part:

It looks good, but I would have much rather have had something like Hagrid's. This looks like something designed more for the WDW crowd that rarely visits instead of the Disneyland crowd that mainly consists of APs.

The low thrill factor as well as the fact that it doesn't look like there will be much to discover on additional ride throughs makes this feel like something that was designed for one ride through instead of a 100.

Modern Disney could really learn from Tony Baxter's philosophy about designing rides for the 20th time instead of the 1st time.

Also, there is way too much focus on preshow stuff. Having to watch all those preshows will severely limit the appeal of re-rides.

Still, this is a massive improvement over Smuggler's Run and the sets look great.

Not to throw water on your opinion of an online POV video...but I've already read several reviews that state the ride can be a different experience based on your RV, and that there are a TON of details that can be discovered on multiple re-rides.

As awesome as this ride apparently is, I still think GE will continue to underperform. Almost everyone I know is already “over” GE; they have a “been there, done that” attitude towards it as virtually everyone who has gone feels underwhelmed. The ridiculous price increases and the ride being based on the new Disney trilogy don’t help that. I think it will be fairly busy the first day but after that, it will continue to merely distribute crowds than add them to the park, at best.

“But it’s literally the best dark ride on earth!” Haven’t watched the videos, but from what I’ve heard, it would not surprise me. Even if it is and if a good chunk of the GP seem to agree, even then I doubt it will help GE. Even if the ride was not working, they should’ve made an effort to open with the land. Everyone just seems over GE and Disney Star Wars in general. You can make the argument that the Mandalorian is revitalizing SW, but when nobody cares about the grand finale of the conclusion of the Skywalker saga...

At this point Disney has been having the GP sit at the table all of this time just feeding them salads and breadsticks, delaying the main course while having them pay for the whole thing. Now when they finally offer the main course, they all say, “nah we’re good. We waited too long.” They’re underwhelmed by that meal that they overpaid. This is the SW:GE situation. As excited as I am for the new ride, even I feel a bit jaded towards Disney with their greedy nonsense approaching this new expansion and how they treated Star Wars.

To be brutally honest, as awful and contradictory as this sounds, while I look forward to the ride as a theme park fan, I really hope this continues to underperform after the ride opens. I hate to say that as I want theme parks to be rewarded for their efforts, but with Disney being so greedy and raising their prices to oblivion, and how they treated Star Wars, I really want this to be the humbling blow to Disney where everyone finally says, “enough.” I think Avengers campus will suffer the same fate. But hey, if this ride “saves” GE and brings in the crowds, then good for Disney. But I would be really surprised if this brings the crowds that they hoped for, especially if they’re dumb enough to think that this addition will justify another price increase. I’ll say it one more time: No matter how good the ride is, the GP will look at it and say, “Bleh, new Star Wars”. “Bleh, don’t feel like shelling out hundreds of $$$ to go back.” Us theme park fanatics don’t care, but average joe who barely checks in on the theme park scene would. That’s who Disney needs to reach out to and they blew their shot.

As awesome as this ride apparently is, I still think GE will continue to underperform. Almost everyone I know is already “over” GE; they have a “been there, done that” attitude towards it as virtually everyone who has gone feels underwhelmed. The ridiculous price increases and the ride being based on the new Disney trilogy don’t help that. I think it will be fairly busy the first day but after that, it will continue to merely distribute crowds than add them to the park, at best.

“But it’s literally the best dark ride on earth!” Haven’t watched the videos, but from what I’ve heard, it would not surprise me. Even if it is and if a good chunk of the GP seem to agree, even then I doubt it will help GE. Even if the ride was not working, they should’ve made an effort to open with the land. Everyone just seems over GE and Disney Star Wars in general. You can make the argument that the Mandalorian is revitalizing SW, but when nobody cares about the grand finale of the conclusion of the Skywalker saga...

At this point Disney has been having the GP sit at the table all of this time just feeding them salads and breadsticks, delaying the main course while having them pay for the whole thing. Now when they finally offer the main course, they all say, “nah we’re good. We waited too long.” They’re underwhelmed by that meal that they overpaid. This is the SW:GE situation. As excited as I am for the new ride, even I feel a bit jaded towards Disney with their greedy nonsense approaching this new expansion and how they treated Star Wars.

To be brutally honest, as awful and contradictory as this sounds, while I look forward to the ride as a theme park fan, I really hope this continues to underperform after the ride opens. I hate to say that as I want theme parks to be rewarded for their efforts, but with Disney being so greedy and raising their prices to oblivion, and how they treated Star Wars, I really want this to be the humbling blow to Disney where everyone finally says, “enough.” I think Avengers campus will suffer the same fate. But hey, if this ride “saves” GE and brings in the crowds, then good for Disney. But I would be really surprised if this brings the crowds that they hoped for, especially if they’re dumb enough to think that this addition will justify another price increase. I’ll say it one more time: No matter how good the ride is, the GP will look at it and say, “Bleh, new Star Wars”. “Bleh, don’t feel like shelling out hundreds of $$$ to go back.” Us theme park fanatics don’t care, but average joe who barely checks in on the theme park scene would. That’s who Disney needs to reach out to and they blew their shot.

almost everyone you know doesn't count for any kind of consensus, if anything you are surrounding yourself with people that have similar opinions. I have several friends that have visited GE multiple times already, and love it.

I also know a lot of people looking forward to the end of the Skywalker Saga...so once again to say "no one cares" is completely subjective and not in any way reality. Especially when you look at how pre-sales have done.

Finally, I'm glad you are being brutally honest, as if we couldn't see the bias a million light years away...

Last Jedi may have been a low point in Star Wars..but so was Phantom Menance,...and the franchise survived just fine.

In Summary: People still love Star Wars, even if you don't.

I'm guessing the WDW DHS GESWL, being primarily tourists and not locals, will not have these Disneyland GESWL issues to that degree. The land and park were both pretty crowded, on a continual basis, during the 4 days I spent at DHS during what is normally a slow week in mid November.

I think the thing we can agree on here is that the land should never have opened without it's star attraction.

I hope Disney learns a lesson (and maybe where their price ceiling is) but I want this to be a huge success so we get more expansive lands in future.

ROTR looks as good as it needed to be to be the star attraction in GE, it looks fantastic.

almost everyone you know doesn't count for any kind of consensus, if anything you are surrounding yourself with people that have similar opinions. I have several friends that have visited GE multiple times already, and love it.

I also know a lot of people looking forward to the end of the Skywalker Saga...so once again to say "no one cares" is completely subjective and not in any way reality. Especially when you look at how pre-sales have done.

Finally, I'm glad you are being brutally honest, as if we couldn't see the bias a million light years away...

Last Jedi may have been a low point in Star Wars..but so was Phantom Menance,...and the franchise survived just fine.

In Summary: People still love Star Wars, even if you don't.
I don’t want to derail the thread into another movie debate, but I will say that there’s a lot of evidence that shows that interest in TROS is very low. Look at the BO projections, viewership/likes on trailers, etc. While it is true that everyone is different, the turnout for GE on both coasts is telling (admittedly though WDW seeming to have more success). The response isn’t as great as Disney had hoped arise will most likely not save the land for reasons I mentioned.

Trust me, I love Star Wars. Grew up on it since I was 3. Played the video games, watched Clone Wars, and love parts of the
old EU, but I personally don’t like the new trilogy and don’t appreciate how much of the new stuff they try to force on you. I’m meh about Potter and even when I stepped through it the first time, I felt like I was there. When I went through GE, I didn’t feel much. Just, “okay, that was cool.”
I'm guessing the WDW DHS GESWL, being primarily tourists and not locals, will not have these Disneyland GESWL issues to that degree. The land and park were both pretty crowded, on a continual basis, during the 4 days I spent at DHS during what is normally a slow week in mid November.
WDW is always crowded. lol when I was there in Sep it was still pretty busy. DL has some busy days too, but GE wasn’t crazy ridiculous busy.

I think the thing we can agree on here is that the land should never have opened without it's star attraction.

I hope Disney learns a lesson (and maybe where their price ceiling is) but I want this to be a huge success so we get more expansive lands in future.

ROTR looks as good as it needed to be to be the star attraction in GE, it looks fantastic.
I think Disney will still add more stuff to their parks. Everyone knows that more good rides = more guests. To have a fully immersive land with an outstanding ride and have the turnout be low should tell Disney that maybe they got too greedy.

Not to throw water on your opinion of an online POV video...but I've already read several reviews that state the ride can be a different experience based on your RV, and that there are a TON of details that can be discovered on multiple re-rides.

If true, then it is great that there is a lot of possible variations. I'm not making a final decision till I actually experience the attraction for myself. Until it opens in January at Disneyland, all I can go off of is videos, pics, and opinions of other people that have been on it.

I don’t want to derail the thread into another movie debate, but I will say that there’s a lot of evidence that shows that interest in TROS is very low. Look at the BO projections, viewership/likes on trailers, etc. .

The grand finale to one of the most popular franchises of all time that has existed for more than 40 years should be one of the defining pop culture moments of the decade. However, it is almost surreal how little excitement there seems to be for TROS amongst the general public. I remember there being way more hype for TFA and TLJ. I think people just don't care because they have done a poor job with developing the new characters and the story of the sequel trilogy is paper thin at best. Disney did not make a good decision basing their 1 billion dollar lands on something that had yet to prove itself as popular and enduring. If they had based Galaxy's Edge on the OT, it would be relevant for the next 50 years, however, people are already starting to lose interest in the Sequel Trilogy and it isn't even over yet.

I don’t want to derail the thread into another movie debate, but I will say that there’s a lot of evidence that shows that interest in TROS is very low. Look at the BO projections, viewership/likes on trailers, etc. While it is true that everyone is different, the turnout for GE on both coasts is telling (admittedly though WDW seeming to have more success). The response isn’t as great as Disney had hoped arise will most likely not save the land for reasons I mentioned.

Trust me, I love Star Wars. Grew up on it since I was 3. Played the video games, watched Clone Wars, and love parts of the
old EU, but I personally don’t like the new trilogy and don’t appreciate how much of the new stuff they try to force on you. I’m meh about Potter and even when I stepped through it the first time, I felt like I was there. When I went through GE, I didn’t feel much. Just, “okay, that was cool.”

WDW is always crowded. lol when I was there in Sep it was still pretty busy. DL has some busy days too, but GE wasn’t crazy ridiculous busy.

I think Disney will still add more stuff to their parks. Everyone knows that more good rides = more guests. To have a fully immersive land with an outstanding ride and have the turnout be low should tell Disney that maybe they got too greedy.

Honestly, I don’t think that’s the conclusion they’ll come to. Someone will have to track this back, but weren’t they already surveying the idea of “how important is it to be in immersed in your own story?

With a little more than a month away from our opening I am wondering if Disneyland will use a boarding system in the beginning? Also will they open super early on the 17,18,19? If they do use a boarding system can you enter DCA and still get a boarding pass without entering Disneyland? Will they have better communication about the process prior to opening?

I pray they do! I'm going on January 24th and if I don't get to ride Rise I'll be not a very happy camper. Praying that they at least institute some softs to get the demand out of the way early.