Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

Not sure why Nick’s post was moved to the Imagineering Story thread. If people want to see how they did some of the effects and ride systems for ROTR they should check out the last 10 mins of ep6 of the Imagineering Story. Not everyone interested in how ROTR works is following the Imagineering Story thread, I know I wasn’t, and therefore will not see it. Sure, further conversation about the episode should not happen here and be moved to that thread, but i thought his original post was more related to this discussion than that one.

Not sure why Nick’s post was moved to the Imagineering Story thread. If people want to see how they did some of the effects and ride systems for ROTR they should check out the last 10 mins of ep6 of the Imagineering Story. Not everyone interested in how ROTR works is following the Imagineering Story thread, I know I wasn’t, and therefore will not see it. Sure, further conversation about the episode should not happen here and be moved to that thread, but i thought his original post was more related to this discussion than that one.
I over-thought the direction the conversation was headed when I made the decision to move. I just moved back as you are right, it is more appropriate here. TBH, I was questioning myself on which thread was most appropriate for it before I posted so I was always a bit in-between.

I over-thought the way the direction the conversation was headed when I made the decision to move. I just moved back as you are right, it is more appropriate here.
Thanks. Didn’t even realize that thread existed though. Will check it out. Back to Rise now though.

Do we know when boarding passes stopped being distributed today? I'm assuming somewhere around the same time as yesterday.

Do we know when boarding passes stopped being distributed today? I'm assuming somewhere around the same time as yesterday.
Just about 8am. I think it took longer to get them all handed out due to reported issues with the app though, not because of less demand.

For anyone who hasn't watched the latest Imagineering Story ep that people mentioned, and doesn't mind a spoiler. I love how things work and for some weird reason just can't stop watching this clip!

For anyone who hasn't watched the latest Imagineering Story ep that people mentioned, and doesn't mind a spoiler. I love how things work and for some weird reason just can't stop watching this clip!

As he said, that’s a crazy idea!!! Genius work here.

Hours extended again. 6am openings are now on the schedule for the week of the 26-31. Here's a look at all the changes:
  • December 22-25: Park hours extended from 8am opening to 7am opening
  • December 26-31: Park hours extended from 8am opening to 6am opening
  • January 1-4: Park hours extended from 8am opening to 7am opening

How early has parking been opening the past couple of days? Two hours before opening?
6:30-6:45 has been about normal of late from what I know (Park is opening at 7 now). Showing up by 5:45-6 at the latest is what i'd recommend so that you are assured a boarding group and you don't end up with a crappy one that's late in that night.

The things we do to ride a theme park attraction :lol:

6:30-6:45 has been about normal of late from what I know (Park is opening at 7 now). Showing up by 5:45-6 at the latest is what i'd recommend so that you are assured a boarding group and you don't end up with a crappy one that's late in that night.

The things we do to ride a theme park attraction :lol:

Thank you! And I definitely do not mind waking up early for this attraction :lol:

Given the way peak pricing has driven crowds away from the parks this is going to be a great time to go if you have the time to start early.

I don’t know I was in there today and it was jammed packed full of people and very busy in GE. SR got up to a 70 min wait and didn’t get lower than 55 from what I noticed. Hollywood studios in general seemed very busy to me.

Trying for ride #2 today. Parked by 4:50, at the gates at 5:20. Crowds are wild already today for parking and security. Apparently guest services told people around me that the plan as of now is to open between 6 & 6:15. Let’s see how this goes.

Oof.

And the lightning and thunder has begun. This could get interesting :lol:

EDIT (6:17 AM): Boarding passes are live on the app so gates will likely open any second now

EDIT (6:22 AM): Gates opened at 6:18. I was probably 20th in my line and got Boarding Group 13. Good luck everyone