Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

Hi so I’m debating going to ride rise of the resistance on Friday. I have a 2am showing for the rise of skywalker which should have me getting out of the theater at 5ish and into the park around 5:30-6. Is this to late to be able to get a boarding pass?

Hi so I’m debating going to ride rise of the resistance on Friday. I have a 2am showing for the rise of skywalker which should have me getting out of the theater at 5ish and into the park around 5:30-6. Is this to late to be able to get a boarding pass?

Assuming crowds are on par with this weekend's crowds, you should be fine. Hard to predict how crazy things may be 5 days before Christmas though. Worth a shot at the very least. Would be a unique way to experience it for sure and you'd probably have some time to nap before your ride.

Just got off of Rise for my second ride. I was on the opposite side of the ride this time which threw me off a bit. It’s truly amazing how many new details I noticed this time. The front row is a superior experience imo.

Also, even having been on the ride already, I still got chills at THAT moment.

Perhaps we need a waits/uptime/boarding group thread for this as well?
This is something I’ve thought about since so much of this thread has turned into that talk.

Question: With the amount of Animatronics that are pivotal to the experiece, do they have contingencies if one goes down or does it shut the ride down completely?

I’d argue the first Kylo and Hux would put a damper if they were down, albeit not nearly as much as finale Kylo.
Hux would be fine down because he doesn’t face the vehicles, but that Kylo needs to be up imo. I also think the probe droid should be running at all times because that corner of the ride would make no sense without it operating

Hux would be fine down because he doesn’t face the vehicles, but that Kylo needs to be up imo. I also think the probe droid should be running at all times because that corner of the ride would make no sense without it operating
Well they have run the ride with the probe droid down so I guess they figure that one is not critical.

Based off the position and mounting of all the primary AAs, I wouldn't be surprised if they had back up redundant AAs. Similar to how Navi River Journey has two Shamen AAs that are fairly easy to swap in and out for each other.

In case there was any doubts, there’s definitely not a queue in the hangar right now. Reveal just as impressive as always. I’m sure sometimes it backs up, but definitely not a new procedure.