Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Six Flags Magic Mountain

I was there last night, and saw them consistently running 3 train ops. Also noticed there's a display car on the inside queue (check my twitter for pics :grin:). Should be there bright and early on Saturday!

Got one ride on WCR last night, as the line ended up being 2+. Verdict: As most predicted, it’s very much a thrilling family coaster. I’d put it on par with rides like Incredicoaster or even Apocalypse. That’s not a bad thing though, because it’s really fun, and does have some nice forces throughout. The racing aspect is awesome because it truly feels like a race, every time! And man those trains turned out great. Overall I’m happy with the ride and can’t wait to get more rides in.

There also seem to be monitors in the indoor queue, but they weren't yet playing anything. And one of the signs on the outside queue wasn't up yet. I figure they still have many things to fine tune.

I did enjoy the ride... it's a lot of fun! Not very intense, but it's a great "intermediate" ride that the park really needed. I foresee it being extremely popular with the preteen set. And the racing element really is very fun, it really makes the ride. And I did enjoy the engine reving noises (reminded me a lot of Top Thrill Dragster), although they cut off at strange points... I'm guessing that's something else they'll be tweeking?

Biggest disappointment to me was they had initially promised a new system to better deal with large items guests carried, which always slow down the boarding process. Basically an employee was collecting items into large plastic party tubs before you boarded your row. Looked pretty cheap and not very secure, but the employee did say a better storage option was coming in the future. It did assist in speeding up the boarding somewhat, but the seats are hard to shimmy into, and the comfort collars don't help that. But checking the restraints goes fast, and there's only 12 people to check. It did race every time I watched, despite some naysayer predictions.

Also, it's great to be able to access from the Jet Stream side again. And for those interested, they've added Coaster Dynamix models for both West Coast Racers and Full Throttle (in addition to X2, Tatsu, and Goliath).

Got 7 rides in today. Really fun ride. @Rideguy70 hit all the major points. The pit stop varies sometimes its quick and sometimes it seemed like I needed a bathroom break because we were waiting so long. Other than that it is a fantastic ride. The way the operations are set up are good. They make people dump the drink cups before they head upstairs which is smart. So many people spill their cups and make the bins nasty. Overall a great add to the park. One of my favorite fun rides there for sure.

Wow, 7 rides already! I got 3... one in yesterday, and 2 today. Lines were much more manageable today. I don't know how this will shake down later once it opens to the public, but at least for the previews, I wouldn't recommend running to it first thing. The lines for it went down by at least half by noon.

I do hope they improve the bin situation. I agree it's a good idea for them to dump their mugs first, but they now have, like, seven storage bins, and they all look alike. Having different colors, or having them numbered, would be helpful. It's been difficult to find your own souvenir mug at the end of the ride when there's all those bins, and they're all filled with identical mugs. :/

What an odd coaster. The thing that really gets me about this ride is how the blocking is set up. Trains can’t launch from the start and the Mcbr positions until the third train has entered the station and cleared the single final brake block. Considering that this is a custom design, whoever decided that should be fired.

I will be riding it tomorrow (Christmas Eve), so I should be posting some thoughts about it tomorrow night. I am really looking forward to it. It sounds like a great ride, even if it isn't the next Twisted Colossus.

Hopefully once the ride has been open longer, the ops will speed up and you won't have to wait as long for the launch after the Pit Stop.

While I've only had the 3 rides, my wait time in the pit stop area varied. Two times I sat for a bit, but not too long, and once I barely stopped at all. Much like TC, it really depends on the guests. Even though they don't need to put away their stuff and the restraints are quick for the employees to check, I will say, the seats are really hard to get in and out of because they're so narrow.

While I've only had the 3 rides, my wait time in the pit stop area varied. Two times I sat for a bit, but not too long, and once I barely stopped at all. Much like TC, it really depends on the guests. Even though they don't need to put away their stuff and the restraints are quick for the employees to check, I will say, the seats are really hard to get in and out of because they're so narrow.
Rode it 20 1/2 times yesterday. Most of the day was a walk on. It is a really fun ride. The pit stop isn’t that bad but can vary. Guaranteed duals is great and the operations are best in the park. This is quickly becoming one of my favorite rides in the park.

It seems like most of the ride is spent waiting for it to launch

This is a tad underwhelming considering how long it took

I’m not sure what the construction time table has to do with the actual ride. It was going to be the same ride regardless of when it opened. Also the ride is still in technical rehearsal.

I was able to get 8 rides in today. While it isn't the most intense ride, it is extremely fun, and it got better on a second ride. There is some nice airtime, and the pacing is good throughout expect the Pit Stop. The Pit Stop is lame, but I won't really hold that against it, since it is so great as a coaster. The second half is more intense than the first. I would say it is in the top 7 for Magic Mountain coasters. That is just because of the strength of their lineup, not because there is anything wrong with this ride. If West Coast Racers was at Knott's, it would easily be the second best coaster there behind GhostRider.

A good way to explain this ride is that it is like a mix between less intense versions of Twisted Colossus and Full Throttle. Even though it isn't as good as Twisted Colossus, it is far better than Full Throttle.

This is my Magic Mountain top 7, which I know a lot of people would disagree with. After the first 2, they aren't really in order of how I would officially rank them.

1. Twisted Colossus
2. Apocalypse
3. Tatsu
4. Batman
5. Ninja
6. Viper
7. West Coast Racers

So I got to get two rides on WCR yesterday. Less than a ten minute wait on both runs.

Its a fun ride but I’m not really getting why it’s being praised so much. I’m not really overwhelmed by it. I guess if it’s meant to be a more intense “family” coaster (Maybe a nice “beginner” thrill coaster for little Johnny or Sarah to go on the bigger rides) then it does it’s job. I think I feel this way because there was no airtime where I was hoping there would be airtime.

There are thinks I like: The forces on the helixes are really good. There is a little Hangtime on the first inversion. The comfort collars were not a big deal.

But yeah, the ride was fun, but not overwhelming. If the line goes outside the building I probably won’t bother.

But can the next big coaster be a giga? Please?

So I got to get two rides on WCR yesterday. Less than a ten minute wait on both runs.

Its a fun ride but I’m not really getting why it’s being praised so much. I’m not really overwhelmed by it. I guess if it’s meant to be a more intense “family” coaster (Maybe a nice “beginner” thrill coaster for little Johnny or Sarah to go on the bigger rides) then it does it’s job. I think I feel this way because there was no airtime where I was hoping there would be airtime.

There are thinks I like: The forces on the helixes are really good. There is a little Hangtime on the first inversion. The comfort collars were not a big deal.

But yeah, the ride was fun, but not overwhelming. If the line goes outside the building I probably won’t bother.

But can the next big coaster be a giga? Please?

This is Six Flags we're talking about. They're never going to build a giant ride like that ever again.

This is Six Flags we're talking about. They're never going to build a giant ride like that ever again.

I mean, for the past two tenures that Six Flags has done, they have added a new coaster to Magic Mountain. Plus, there have always been the one rumor or two of Six Flags wanting to invest heavily on 2021 for Magic Mountain.

2001 - X, Deja Vu, Golitath Jr.
2011 - Escape from Krypton, Road Runner, Green Lantern

Maybe we will get a replacement for Green Lantern and Tidal Wave for the 50th anniversary in 2021. I know it isn't that big of a space, but I wonder if a RMC T-Rex could fit there.

Outside that area, the other area that needs help is Samurai Summit. As long as they keep Ninja and do a general refresh and repainting of that area with one new ride, that would be great. Some people have mentioned turning the Sky Tower into a Sky Screamer. I don't know if that is practical, but it would be a perfect way to bring the Sky Tower back for the 50th anniversary.