Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not confirming guesses a couple more months.

That's fair. I looked back through the clue again and couldn't really clue it to anything else - so I feel pretty good about my Haunting of Hill House rumor answer. I've never seen the show, but if it gets confirmed for HHN I'll certainly watch it.

So if Scarecrow makes a reappearance, would it be more likely to be a sequel or a repeat? I'm imagining Field of Screams but inside (so fake corn instead), so it would be an open floor house. Who knows if that weather vane would be short enough to fit in a soundstage.

So if Scarecrow makes a reappearance, would it be more likely to be a sequel or a repeat? I'm imagining Field of Screams but inside (so fake corn instead), so it would be an open floor house. Who knows if that weather vane would be short enough to fit in a soundstage.

If it stays at ten houses, I don’t see why it wouldn’t be a sequel. If 11, repeat is possible.

After seeing that trailer during the Slaughter Sinema queue video at 28, I was hoping that meant that this year would see Scarecrow return with a sequel, it would be really cool if they give it a sequel but also there are many other originals as well that deserve a sequel to the event too from the past.

After seeing that trailer during the Slaughter Sinema queue video at 28, I was hoping that meant that this year would see Scarecrow return with a sequel, it would be really cool if they give it a sequel but also there are many other originals as well that deserve a sequel to the event too from the past.

HR Bloodengutz and Leave it to Cleaver are overdue.

I have mixed feelings about all the originals being sequels this year though. I didn’t really like 25 for that reason.

We'll get those houses eventually but A&D wants to basically get their checklist through as well as originals like they've done with the ips, I'm sure next year will be half originals sequel and the other half new originals brought to the event.

HR Bloodengutz and Leave it to Cleaver are overdue.

I have mixed feelings about all the originals being sequels this year though. I didn’t really like 25 for that reason.

To me two of the originals at 25 seemed like wasted choices, even though I loved Asylum in Wonderland the scarezone. At the very least they could've made Run similar to this. But above all I'd rather not see everything just thrown together in one anniversary house. A Terra Cruentes house will suffice for anniversary material. Beyond that I'd like some new originals that do something different (while still being scary, hopefully). See my most recent post in the wishlist thread.

I'm difficult to please, I know. ;)

Last edited:
To me two of the originals at 25 seemed like wasted choices, even though I loved Asylum in Wonderland the scarezone. At the very least they could've made Run similar to this. But above all I'd rather not see everything just thrown together in one anniversary house. A Terra Cruentes house will suffice for anniversary material. Beyond that I'd like some new originals that do something different (while still being scary, hopefully). See my most recent post in the wishlist thread.

I'm difficult to please, I know. ;)

RUN was just based on The Running Man, even though it wasn't the best, it was still a decent fun house at least to experience, I did love the queue videos and stuff, and it was the final time they were going to use the soundstage before it was going to turn into you know what, I was fine with it, but Universal will do the best they can with their originals for 30, I'm sure next year will of course be split sided by people like this year and last year was. As for the Anniversary house, its fun to see those, to see old props and stuff being featured from the past is awesome, I'd love Hallowed Past back at 20 and Jack's 25 Years was pretty cool, I hope they do another one if they could, as for Terra Cruentes, I feel like it might just be one house and not be an anniversary house, it might be made in the same vein maybe as what Nightingales Blood Pit was this year, I could see them putting it in that area and giving it an elaborate facade. The originals don't seem to be lacking, I mean Universal is sorta just testing the waters with ideas, I had no expectation of them bringing back Yeti this year after it being featured in Slaughter Sinema but it happened and it was a really cool house and awesome sets too. Whatever Universal brings for next year, I hope they bring it on and make it an over the top anniversary event compared to the last ones.

Last edited:
It’s important to remember that a “Terra Cruentes” house wouldn’t be an “anniversary” house.

Terra Cruentes is a single story, and would feature scenes related to that narrative. It *should* feature the Demon Cantina, Body Collectors, Blood Abbey, Knuckle-Grunts, Terra Guards, and the Throne/Queen. That’s all from a single year.

An anniversary house features scenes from different years.

Thus, they can have a “Terra Cruentes” house AND an anniversary house.

It’s important to remember that a “Terra Cruentes” house wouldn’t be an “anniversary” house.

Terra Cruentes is a single story, and would feature scenes related to that narrative. It *should* feature the Demon Cantina, Body Collectors, Blood Abbey, Knuckle-Grunts, Terra Guards, and the Throne/Queen. That’s all from a single year.

An anniversary house features scenes from different years.

Thus, they can have a “Terra Cruentes” house AND an anniversary house.
I'm very curious if Terra Cruentes would ever happen again...I would LOVE to see us revisit some of the locales, but I just don't see it happening

It would probably just be one house with the importance of 15 in it and most notably The Terra Queen, I could only see them going that route, the event's promotion will probably still be IP heavy but do hope the Icons would be featured in some of the marketing stuff like Howl O Scream did with their icons this year.

In terms of how 25 featured content from 20-24 I think we can expect the following ruled out:

- Based on 25 we can rule out Psychoscarepy, Run, and Body Collectors getting their own houses. Run seems like a now dead franchise since Run 3 wasn’t too well received but the Body Collectors are likely to return in a Terra Cruentes house or zone and Psychoscarepy will likely show up in either a mashup house or zone. Asylum didn’t really set itself up for sequels but Scary Tales could definitely get another spinoff house(Path of the Wicked plz!)

- 26 was a pretty ok year in terms of originals but none of them set themselves up for sequels very well which means Ghost Town or Tomb might just get a scene or two in a mashup house. Lunatics is better left forgotten

- 27 is the most recent year for the most potential for sequel houses. All of the originals except for Fallen are set up to be revisited and Scarecrow seems all but confirmed to reappear in some form. I’d expect to see Dead Waters in a mashup house and Hive has potential to be revisited, but likely not for 30(especially if Conjuring ends up coming).

- Half of the originals from 28 were sequels so we can rule out a straight up DE or Scary Tales house coming. Slaughter Sinema could easily get a sequel and Carnival Graveyard would make a good zone if they choose to revisit it.

- None of the originals from 29 will return for 30 as a straight up house or zone, so if they show up at all it’ll be in a mashup house.

So basically, if any “recent” originals are likely to show up as sequel houses it’ll be:

- Scarecrow Reboot or Sequel
- Slaughter Sinema 2
- Scary Tales Spin-off
- 30 Years of Fear(likely emphasis on 27 or 28 like how 25 focused on 21)

Pre-25, if any originals were to get sequels I wouldn’t be shocked to see:
- HR Bloodengutz 2
- Gothic Reboot or Sequel
- Urban Legends Sequel
- Legendary Truth Sequel
- In Between 2

In terms of how 25 featured content from 20-24 I think we can expect the following ruled out:

- Based on 25 we can rule out Psychoscarepy, Run, and Body Collectors getting their own houses. Run seems like a now dead franchise since Run 3 wasn’t too well received but the Body Collectors are likely to return in a Terra Cruentes house or zone and Psychoscarepy will likely show up in either a mashup house or zone. Asylum didn’t really set itself up for sequels but Scary Tales could definitely get another spinoff house(Path of the Wicked plz!)

- 26 was a pretty ok year in terms of originals but none of them set themselves up for sequels very well which means Ghost Town or Tomb might just get a scene or two in a mashup house. Lunatics is better left forgotten

- 27 is the most recent year for the most potential for sequel houses. All of the originals except for Fallen are set up to be revisited and Scarecrow seems all but confirmed to reappear in some form. I’d expect to see Dead Waters in a mashup house and Hive has potential to be revisited, but likely not for 30(especially if Conjuring ends up coming).

- Half of the originals from 28 were sequels so we can rule out a straight up DE or Scary Tales house coming. Slaughter Sinema could easily get a sequel and Carnival Graveyard would make a good zone if they choose to revisit it.

- None of the originals from 29 will return for 30 as a straight up house or zone, so if they show up at all it’ll be in a mashup house.

So basically, if any “recent” originals are likely to show up as sequel houses it’ll be:

- Scarecrow Reboot or Sequel
- Slaughter Sinema 2
- Scary Tales Spin-off
- 30 Years of Fear(likely emphasis on 27 or 28 like how 25 focused on 21)

Pre-25, if any originals were to get sequels I wouldn’t be shocked to see:
- HR Bloodengutz 2
- Gothic Reboot or Sequel
- Urban Legends Sequel
- Legendary Truth Sequel
- In Between 2

Just leave Monsters up and add TVs in between each scene. Wa-la! HR Bloodengutz 2, with a coherent story and with a different but still overarching theme. And lots of design $$$ saved!

As much as I want a sequel to H.R. Bloodengutz I feel like it wouldn't live up to what the first one was like, I hope I am wrong if they pull it off this year but the first one was definitely awesome, even though Hollywood had gotten their Holidayz In Hell scarezone turned into a maze this year, I'd honestly would like to see that maze sorta make its way down here and have maybe Bloodengutz host it if anything, but then again idk, they would definitely need a good coherent story for Bloodengutz to be brought back for another house, I think that's why they have him in the back-burner till find a good reason to use him again.

As much as I want a sequel to H.R. Bloodengutz I feel like it wouldn't live up to what the first one was like, I hope I am wrong if they pull it off this year but the first one was definitely awesome, even though Hollywood had gotten their Holidayz In Hell scarezone turned into a maze this year, I'd honestly would like to see that maze sorta make its way down here and have maybe Bloodengutz host it if anything, but then again idk, they would definitely need a good coherent story for Bloodengutz to be brought back for another house, I think that's why they have him in the back-burner till find a good reason to use him again.

Exactly. If they don't have a quality story then don't bother. Why I think the Monsters would be the best theme for a Bloodengutz sequel: they're a pre-existing movie franchise AND a cohesive theme. This is important because he would be in prison--so what ability would he have to produce elaborately themed features like in the first one? Obviously there's the option for crossover with Sinema, but even then the movies aren't thematically connected like the movies in Holidays of Horror were. Does that make sense?

Exactly. If they don't have a quality story then don't bother. Why I think the Monsters would be the best theme for a Bloodengutz sequel: they're a pre-existing movie franchise. This is important because he would be in prison--so what ability would he have to produce elaborately themed features like in the first one?

Legacy I believe had written up a “Reality-Terrorvision” concept where HR was inspired to recreate reality tv shows with other prisoners in grisly ways. That kind of concept seemed really fun to me (though potentially slowly leaning towards a bit out of date).

Status
Not open for further replies.