Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DL)

Humm... just got off the phone with a Disney representative and he stated that the parking structure is planned to open at 6:30 on the 17th.
Do you all think it’ll open earlier than that? Like didn’t Hollywood Studios rope drop at 6 on opening day?

Humm... just got off the phone with a Disney representative and he stated that the parking structure is planned to open at 6:30 on the 17th.
Do you all think it’ll open earlier than that? Like didn’t Hollywood Studios rope drop at 6 on opening day?
Sounds like I’ll only have to get up at 5 and not any earlier than that. That’s fine with me because that’s the earliest I’m willing to get up at.

Sounds like I’ll only have to get up at 5 and not any earlier than that. That’s fine with me because that’s the earliest I’m willing to get up at.
I wonder what they initially said at Hollywood Studios though like park open wasn’t scheduled until 9 that day so a 3 hour difference is a lot. I think imma take my chances and start checking in at like 4:30am

Extended queue has a different layout. Once you enter the first pre-show though it's 1:1 identical in every way. I ride on Saturday so I'll let you guys know if I notice anything.

I can in fact confirm I saw no differences. I didn't take any pictures because I wanted to be in the moment. But my best friend recorded my reaction and I was absolutely shaking the whole time! [Also I think I kept saying "what the ****" to myself over and over because I was just so in shock. lol] As a huge Star Wars fan, it was absolutely an unreal experience. I wish we could have gone on twice because there was just so much to look at.

So they’re using the app to distribute boarding passes? Didn’t DHS change it so that you can only get a boarding pass once the park officially opens? What’s the incentive to be there at 2 AM instead of 7 AM - just dealing with crowds at the gate?

Awesome! I might be there Monday or Tuesday so hopefully they're still doing softs then. Any word if they're using boarding groups or standby during softs?
I'm honestly unsure! There was kind of no warning last night and my CM friends were all surprised, but were working or not around to attend.

I'm honestly unsure! There was kind of no warning last night and my CM friends were all surprised, but were working or not around to attend.
I am in the park now and also need details if anyone has any. Was not expecting this at all.

update: Looking kinda doubtful tonight. Keeps breaking down during cm preview.

Last edited:
They would NEVER soft open a ride as big and anticipated as Rise on a Saturday, let alone one where the park is close to capacity and the ride is still not 100%.

With that said I rode it this morning and was overwhelmed by how good it is. I got a little emotional at times (more so as a theme park fan who adores immersive experiences, than a Star Wars fan). They really went all out on this one.

Last edited:
I watched one of FreshBaked’s videos regarding the boarding pass. Someone commented who claims to be a supervisor for the Toy Story lot claims that they will be running shuttles all night Jan 16th into the 17th and then open the lot at 4:30AM that weekend.

They would NEVER soft open a ride as big and anticipated as Rise on a Saturday, let alone one where the park is close to capacity and the ride is still not 100%.

With that said I rode it this morning and was overwhelmed by how good it is. I got a little emotional at times (more so as a theme park fan who adores immersive experiences, than a Star Wars fan). They really went all out on this one.
You say never and yet, it happened.