Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans

Heard a really interesting rumor today that yet another coaster is on tap for SeaWorld Orlando. Apparently the plan is a new B&M Wing coaster right at the front of the park as part of an overall revamp of the front gate area (much needed). The rumor is the entire entry experience would be reconfigured using part of the seldom used Bayside Pathway area and the new Wing coaster would soar over the revamped entry way (much like Gatekeeper at Cedar Point).

It seems like many parks are revamping their entrance areas (CP, Carrowinds, Hershey, SeaWorld San Diego) as the infrastructure has become dated and impractical for today's needs (increased security measures), and it would make a lot of sense for SeaWorld to do the same.

I'm not sure on a timeline for this, but I would think 2023 would make a lot of sense with the park's 50th and increased competition to make a real statement with a new entry and a new signature coaster.
"Wing Coaster" keeps coming up in a lot of rumors

Not sure if there is any weight to it, but I feel they may use parts of the parking lot

"Wing Coaster" keeps coming up in a lot of rumors

Not sure if there is any weight to it, but I feel they may use parts of the parking lot
No need to use the parking lot when there's plenty of underutilized space on the Bayside pathway. The parking lot is often at capacity on weekends as it is, and I don't see them spending millions on parking structures at this juncture.

Yeah, the wing coaster is either coming next year, or its coming in 2023. You never know with SWE. Then we'll probably see a simulator and/or dark ride and/or flat ride package in the middle.

No need to use the parking lot when there's plenty of underutilized space on the Bayside pathway. The parking lot is often at capacity on weekends as it is, and I don't see them spending millions on parking structures at this juncture.
That's a good point...Something completely over the water would be so fun as well...The issue being the fireworks shows occasionally

Honestly, a launched wing would be great IMO

It'll be interesting to see what the next several years bring to this park with SWE's current spending spree. Personally a major overhaul of Wild Arctic and Antarctica should be at the top of their list before anything else. Journey and Kraken could use some serious love as well.

As for new rides, I think next year will be similar to what San Antonio did last year with a new flat ride section of the park. If not, a dark ride replacement would be welcomed as well.

I really hope they keep the lighthouse and Bay area if they redo the entrance. One of the nicer areas of the park imo.

It'll be interesting to see what the next several years bring to this park with SWE's current spending spree. Personally a major overhaul of Wild Arctic and Antarctica should be at the top of their list before anything else. Journey and Kraken could use some serious love as well.

As for new rides, I think next year will be similar to what San Antonio did last year with a new flat ride section of the park. If not, a dark ride replacement would be welcomed as well.

I'm not sure what they can do, but trying to fix Antarctica would do a lot to restore my faith in them. After that ride opened and I was completely on board with them just turning it Busch Gardens Sea, but the park could really be a bit more than that.

I think with the announcement of the WA re-do at San Antonio, and the leaked plans of a coaster taking over the WA at San Diego, there's a really good chance that Orlando's will be going away soon as well. Then again, they could just be cannibalizing the others for spare parts for the ride systems in Orlando and Williamsburg just like they did with Tampa's.

I think with the announcement of the WA re-do at San Antonio, and the leaked plans of a coaster taking over the WA at San Diego, there's a really good chance that Orlando's will be going away soon as well. Then again, they could just be cannibalizing the others for spare parts for the ride systems in Orlando and Williamsburg just like they did with Tampa's.

WA in San Antonio? What are you referring to?

Coaster Kings has posted demolition permits today that appear to be for the new 2021 attraction. It does appear to be the pathway they use for Holiday and Festival events. Check it out!

Coaster Kings has posted demolition permits today that appear to be for the new 2021 attraction. It does appear to be the pathway they use for Holiday and Festival events. Check it out!

Hmmm @GAcoaster got a mention. It's time for that B&M Wing Coaster!