The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 99 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dropping in for the first time this season. I've lurked since page 1 of this thread but decided to finally log back in on my work computer lol.

Loving the format of @Legacy clues this year.

Totally just a shot in the dark but does anyone feel like we could see carnival graveyard again? The "Im Back" sign on the final night seems important but who knows.

Personally I just want more Carey, OH back in the event.

Reactions: londonwerecat
Time for me to try and break down another clue!
I'm going to be doing the Coat of Arms one.
So it reads "Maria Spes Nostra".
From what I can read, apparently it means "Mary, our hope" and comes from the hymn Salue Regina and this hymn is recited at the Divine Office. As well, it is used by a man named Francis Patrick Keough.
Keough was born December 30th, 1890. Died December 8th, 1961. His roles have been Bishop of Providence and Archbishop of Baltimore.
Within the arms is a symbol of a pierced hand, which is dedicated to Saint Francis Assisi.

Now the hymn. It means "Hail Holy Queen" and is Marian. The lyrics are pretty cool.
I think it could mean the return of La Llorona? Maybe Gothic? Since this is heavily used in the catholic church.
Anyone else, feel free to use my research to actually get some important info from it. Lol

I have been looking at this clue a lot lately. Once again I searched the Sane Abandon clue but this time I put “2016” and “Chicago” together and looked up “Chicago 2016 horror”. Three things came up that caught my eye

1) An article for high homiacides in Chicago in 2016
2) A movie called “Chicago Rot” that came out in 2016. It’s about a serial killer and a labyrinth.
3) A horror fest in Chicago 2016.

I felt like my last two guesses where missing something and felt like I should add together the year(2016) and location(Chicago).

I’m probably looking to much into this:lol:

I have been looking at this clue a lot lately. Once again I searched the Sane Abandon clue but this time I put “2016” and “Chicago” together and looked up “Chicago 2016 horror”. Three things came up that caught my eye

[...]

3) A horror fest in Chicago 2016.

I felt like my last two guesses where missing something and felt like I should add together the year(2016) and location(Chicago).

I’m probably looking to much into this:lol:

Digging into this thought process a bit, I looked at the Chicago Film Critics Association Awards in 2016 and they awarded "Most Promising Filmmaker" to Robert Eggers for "The VVitch"

Reactions: Kadath
Well, it's from the rapper NF and the associated with the album Perception it seems at first glance. Not seeing an article that contains it though as of yet.

EDIT: Okay, so first guess.

So this photo COULD be cropped from the first actual website that popped up for me regarding the Perception Tour - specifically, the poster I am attaching below.

STEP 1: Reverse image search to find what it's associated to. Then, I used a simple google search so @Legacy couldn't trick me (you sonofabitch). So the first thing that caught my eye is the poster below (NF is playing at The Van Buren in Arizona).
STEP 2: Google "Van Buren" and "horror"
STEP 3: First thing that popped up was a Wikipedia page for H.P. Lovecraft (whose grandfather was named Whipple Van Buren Phillips).

So, my first answer for this would be involving something related to H.P. Lovecraft. What that could be? The possibilities are pretty broad. But that's my first guess.

Some other possibilities - Perception came out in 2017. Horror movies released in 2017 that caught my eye: It, Annabelle: Creation, Cult of Chucky, Get Out, Happy Death Day, Jigsaw, Jeepers Creepers 3, Leatherface, Rings. But those are more just darts than anything else.

Attachments

• Clue 6 Van Buren.png
    Clue 6 Van Buren.png
    276.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Alright, I know I was trying to move the discussion away from Billie, but even though the lagoon is what's rumored I have to wonder if a "repeating room" idea like Legacy pitched years ago would work as a house for her. The music video for that one song ("bury a friend") reminded me of the 2004 commercial. Pure hypothetical conjecture, but I just had to ask.

Anyway, I have absolutely nothing for most of these clues. Is it late March yet?

Alright, I know I was trying to move the discussion away from Billie, but even though the lagoon is what's rumored I have to wonder if a "repeating room" idea like Legacy pitched years ago would work as a house for her. The music video for that one song ("bury a friend") reminded me of the 2004 commercial. Pure hypothetical conjecture, but I just had to ask.

Anyway, I have absolutely nothing for most of these clues. Is it late March yet?
I don't think rampant speculation will end in March lol.

I think it’s still possible. I’m confident an 11th house was considered/planned last year, and “more houses than ever” is an easy place to an anniversary year.

I haven’t heard anything to support it, yet. It’s purely speculative. But I wouldn’t be surprised.

And I’m still expecting no more than 4 IPs.

Just a thought, is it possible that 4 IPs will span more than 4 houses?

Opposed to Slash?

Also all of those artists you listed have one thing in common. Hmmmm.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t Slash create an original soundtrack to an original house? That’d be awesome if Eilish was asked by Orlando to do something similar.

And all of the artists I’ve mentioned, including Eilish, do have something in common: I respect them all. They’re all talented and good at what they do. The reason I didn’t list men is because the event has had a history of male rock singers participating in the event. I’d argue the music and visuals of those artists are more in line with the idea that the event celebrates the genre of horror. Eilish’s music simply does not.

Reactions: johnathanm
I was impressed with Blumhouse’s Halloween, so this has some potential. Doubt it’ll be a house this year, though. Still want to see the classic house treatment for Carpenter's The Thing before another sequel or remake house.

I thought you'd feel that way JawsVictim, we'll do you last! lol

Carpenters Thing house would be my holy grail if it ever happens. They did have a Halloween 4 when the new film released in 2018 so maybe we that this year

Status
Not open for further replies.