The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 100 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m back!
I don’t really participate in random speculation, but there has been some patterns I’ve been noticing through the years, that being a hint within the event of at least one future IP; Could be mere coincidence.

In 2016 we had Sam’s lollipop littered in Krampus (both directed by Dougherty, but still) we had the scare zone next year, while in Dead Man’s Wharf had the Shining theme playing every so often, we had the Shining next year...

Nothing comes to mind for 2017...

In 2018 Slaughter Sinema featured a song from House of a Corpses at the Queque...

And now Stranger Things has a Candyman VHS for no reason, it all fits!!

I’m back!
I don’t really participate in random speculation, but there has been some patterns I’ve been noticing through the years, that being a hint within the event of at least one future IP; Could be mere coincidence.

In 2016 we had Sam’s lollipop littered in Krampus (both directed by Dougherty, but still) we had the scare zone next year, while in Dead Man’s Wharf had the Shining theme playing every so often, we had the Shining next year...

Nothing comes to mind for 2017...

In 2018 Slaughter Sinema featured a song from House of a Corpses at the Queque...

And now Stranger Things has a Candyman VHS for no reason, it all fits!!
As was 13 ghosts

Not at all

Doctor Who is scary, *British accent* proper scary.

Thing is the show is more about scaring little kids (and some adults) to hide behind the couch. It's family friendly sci-fi with a tint towards horror depending on the era. Of course the big problem is the production values of the older serials that focused more on horror (see: later Tom Baker) are bad. As Legacy was hinting at the Weeping Angles an inspiration for the Sorrow Angles from Winter's Night.

As a fan of Doctor Who, on a bigger front, the show doesn't FIT into HHN. The show is more about mystery and a puzzle box than anything scary.

When I say “date,” I mean down to the day. Clue 1 is the only one that is generalized to a year.

Well, the most recent clue involves the rapper NF who was born on March 30, 1991. Horror IP releases that happened on a March 30 includes the movie Beetlejuice. Even if that's not the answer, is that more the "thought process" you're talking about?

I could have sworn someone said they thought Dr. Who was put out there as a fake name to try and plug leaks. Does anyone else remember seeing this or is all of this speculation jumbling my mind?

Reactions: londonwerecat
Well, the most recent clue involves the rapper NF who was born on March 30, 1991. Horror IP releases that happened on a March 30 includes the movie Beetlejuice. Even if that's not the answer, is that more the "thought process" you're talking about?
This is the right idea.
I could have sworn someone said they thought Dr. Who was put out there as a fake name to try and plug leaks. Does anyone else remember seeing this or is all of this speculation jumbling my mind?
I said that.

This is the right idea.

Pulled from Horrorsociety.com. Horror films released on March 30:

House of Mystery 1934
Bloodbath at the House of Death 1984
Beetlejuice 1988
Santa Sangre 1990 filmed in 1989
Transylvania Twist 1989
Cronos 1993
Progeny 1999
Lord of the Vampires 2002
Zombie Nation 2004
The Screaming Dead 2004
Zodiac Killer 2005
Ghostly Revenge 2007
Into the Woods 2008

Reactions: londonwerecat
Then why bother with properties like UCM? They’re building a while land based on something from ages ago. It isn’t the age gap; it’s what is considered appropriate content for an event called Halloween Horror Nights.

I guess next year we can see Bjork, Grimes, and/or The Knife/Fever Ray since they’re all weirdo pop artists with a tinge of creepiness to their visuals!
you say this like it’s a bad thing. personally i would LOVE to go through a psychosexual orgy house based on plunge!

seriously, i’ve seen less vitriol here than in other places, but it bears repeating. eilish is a great artist who has made a lot of really interesting visuals in her career so far. IF this rumor is true, then i’d love to see this lagoon show. hhn will have other places for diehards to go. let the kids have their fun.

Pulled from Horrorsociety.com. Horror films released on March 30:

House of Mystery 1934
Bloodbath at the House of Death 1984
Beetlejuice 1988
Santa Sangre 1990 filmed in 1989
Transylvania Twist 1989
Cronos 1993
Progeny 1999
Lord of the Vampires 2002
Zombie Nation 2004
The Screaming Dead 2004
Zodiac Killer 2005
Ghostly Revenge 2007
Into the Woods 2008
“Right idea” doesn’t mean, “right date.”

you say this like it’s a bad thing. personally i would LOVE to go through a psychosexual orgy house based on plunge!

seriously, i’ve seen less vitriol here than in other places, but it bears repeating. eilish is a great artist who has made a lot of really interesting visuals in her career so far. IF this rumor is true, then i’d love to see this lagoon show. hhn will have other places for diehards to go. let the kids have their fun.

I would too! I chose those artists because they laid the groundwork for Eilish, and their visuals are creepy but lyrics are not - well, most the time at least. Wouldn’t be bad at all!

HHN has never been exclusive to adults. I’m not one of those fans. I have friends and former co workers that started attending in their tweens. I got into HHN from afar at the age of 12. Yet I also don’t think I’m crazy for believing an Eilish lagoon show is out of place for this year. If this were last year or next year, I probably wouldn’t care. It just ruins the illusion of HHN 30 being a celebration of the event and the horror genre.

While I’m at it, I’m also not sexist or prejudice for not being into the idea like some have insinuated. 2019 was a great year for women in music. My top 3 albums were Weyes Blood, Sharon Van Etten, and FKA Twigs - Eilish’s was fine, but didn’t even crack my top 50.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.