Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 129 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
*Gets on Soapbox*

I've been doing this for a long time so I'm just speaking from experience. I don't mean this as any slight, but just some observations.

First and foremost, can we worry about the actual damn park being built first before we get into expansion talk?

BUT since we're all focused on Phase 2 talk .... I'd need more hands to count how many times plans don't always work out; whether it be for budgetary reasons, change of direction, priorities shifting, etc. Just off Universal alone, I can give several examples. There's enough historical info out there that indicates that phase 2's, at best, happen in a highly modified fashion. Need I remind you that just a few months ago, we were talking about how Monsters might be the first one cut if budgets don't work out, and now we're talking about Phase 2?

And on the subject of rumor reporting - Alicia has incredible sources, no denying that, but we're reaching a very slippery slope when we start hyping up expansions of a yet to exist theme park. I get it, it's hard to not get excited when you hear an awesome, exciting rumor - but we're reaching a point where the hype machine outweighs the finished product; that what we're getting isn't good enough because of rampant speculation. Again, can't we get excited for a whole new park before postulating on how the 2nd attraction is better than the planned first one?

All I'm trying to say is we should be careful what we report, but also keep our expectations in check a bit. I know Alicia and I would've bet 3 years ago that Nintendo was going to KidZone. The only thing we know we know for certain is anything can happen, and history has shown that to be fact.
I get it, but on a fan forum, who have known about all these lands for awhile now even before EU opening, what do you want us to do? Also, in brand new permits that are released for the land, they specifically mention a phase 2. If you want us to ignore and not discuss those things than permits should not be allowed on here. This is the closest thing to any potential new "News" we're getting for likely at least a year if not closer to 2. I think speculation on an expansion is totally fine from a fans perspective, because I'm frankly not sure what else you guys expect from us. Park doesn't open for 3 years and many of us here are on here daily if not several times a week.

So I get your perspective (especially as a mod) but this is also brand new information to us just released yesterday, do you expect us to say nothing with regards to it? I don't think the expansion talk will continue really for much longer than this, Imo. Im sure we'll get news regarding other stuff that will distract us. Just my two cents, for a fan forum I feel discussing these kind of things are just natural. Especially since most of us have known Monsters was happening in some capacity for awhile. Again, just my two cents.

Although maybe ultimately @Alicia just spoils us lol.

I get it, but on a fan forum, who have known about all these lands for awhile now even before EU opening, what do you want us to do? Also, in brand new permits that are released for the land, they specifically mention a phase 2. If you want us to ignore and not discuss those things than permits should not be allowed on here. This is the closest thing to any potential new "News" we're getting for likely at least a year if not closer to 2. I think speculation on an expansion is totally fine from a fans perspective, because I'm frankly not sure what else you guys expect from us. Park doesn't open for 3 years and many of us here are on here daily if not several times a week.

So I get your perspective (especially as a mod) but this is also brand new information to us just released yesterday, do you expect us to say nothing with regards to it? I don't think the expansion talk will continue really for much longer than this, Imo. Im sure we'll get news regarding other stuff that will distract us. Just my two cents, for a fan forum I feel discussing these kind of things are just natural. Especially since most of us have known Monsters was happening in some capacity for awhile. Again, just my two cents.

Although maybe ultimately @Alicia just spoils us lol.
Just from plans published yesterday, we could be doing more detailed speculation on the dark ride and show, or talking about themes for the restaurant and shops, or even talking about why there's a big featureless area in the middle of the plans labeled "B1505". There's plenty of stuff on those plans that's actually coming by 2023 that we could discuss rather than future ideas that are unlikely to ever happen.

My understanding is that writing "Phase 2" on a site plan really just means "we intend to build something here at some point in the future", but there is no implication of whether that time is in 3 months or 30 years, so I wouldn't get too attached to it.

Nintendo. Outside partner they want to keep happy.
I wouldn’t be surprised if part of their deal was that Nintendo wanted at the very least equal treatment to Harry Potter. Multiple lands worldwide and multiple expansions where possible. Getting into Pokémon we’ve already speculated about Japan and Orlando but considering how huge of a property it is I doubt they’d stop there.

I love Gilman. He is my second favourite of all the Uni Monsters and obviously I would love a ride based on the character. That being said, I am not getting excited over this speculation/rumour/whatever you want to call it. He is absolutely not an iconic monster like Franky or Drac or Wolfman are, so I could 100% see Universal changing whatever plans they may or may not have for a phase 2 if they either acquire an IP that would fit, or have a better idea down the line.

To change the topic slightly, as an absolute consumerist pig, I was thinking about the merchandise for this park yesterday and it has the potential to be incredible. Potter is pretty standard by now, we know what to expect. Dragon and Nintendo, I can see Toothless and Yoshi plushes, Mario hats obviously and toys galore!

Being most excited for the Monsters land though, what would everyone like to see in the shops there? Build your own mini-Frankenstein, ala the Droids from Galaxy's Edge? Bottles of blood from Dracula's store? (Strawberry flavoured obviously) I know my wife is hoping they have Bride wigs!

The stuff they had in the old T2 store last year would be a good starting point, but I am excited for what else they could sell to those of us who are too weak to resist!

I love Gilman. He is my second favourite of all the Uni Monsters and obviously I would love a ride based on the character. That being said, I am not getting excited over this speculation/rumour/whatever you want to call it. He is absolutely not an iconic monster like Franky or Drac or Wolfman are, so I could 100% see Universal changing whatever plans they may or may not have for a phase 2 if they either acquire an IP that would fit, or have a better idea down the line.

To change the topic slightly, as an absolute consumerist pig, I was thinking about the merchandise for this park yesterday and it has the potential to be incredible. Potter is pretty standard by now, we know what to expect. Dragon and Nintendo, I can see Toothless and Yoshi plushes, Mario hats obviously and toys galore!

Being most excited for the Monsters land though, what would everyone like to see in the shops there? Build your own mini-Frankenstein, ala the Droids from Galaxy's Edge? Bottles of blood from Dracula's store? (Strawberry flavoured obviously) I know my wife is hoping they have Bride wigs!

The stuff they had in the old T2 store last year would be a good starting point, but I am excited for what else they could sell to those of us who are too weak to resist!
'Build your own mini-Frankenstein' , brilliant idea. :thumbsup:

I for sure am going to love this land. I like Dracula, although he sometimes sucks. Frankenstein's Monster is electrifying. I'm wrapped up in the Mummy all the time and I don't see why some people don't see the Invisible Man like I do. I will be as happy as a puppy to visit the Wolf Man but there sure is something fishy about the Creature From The Black Lagoon. All that as long as there is not an 80's sing and dance show, dear Michael Aiello.

Forgive me if I've missed this, but how many rides are we expecting in this park at opening?
Mario Kart
Yoshi's Adventure
Donkey Kong Country Coaster
HTTYD Coaster
HTTYD Skyfly
HTTYD Boat Ride
HTTYD Flying Simulator
Monsters Kuka Ride
Potter E-ticket 1
Potter E-ticket 2
Dueling Coaster 1
Dueling Coaster 2

So definitely 12. Possibly more.

Mario Kart
Yoshi's Adventure
HTTYD Coaster
HTTYD Skyfly
HTTYD Boat Ride
HTTYD Flying Simulator
Monsters Kuka Ride
Potter E-ticket 1
Potter E-ticket 2
Dueling Coaster 1
Dueling Coaster 2

And note that those are specifically rides, not all "attractions." Additional attractions could include indoor and outdoor shows, meet and greets, etc.

'Build your own mini-Frankenstein' , brilliant idea. :thumbsup:
If the build your own Frankenstein is an option, thats terrifying, but id totally do it. Genius thinking! Can make them have all different kind of personalities too. Its exciting seeing Universal learn from the Wizarding World and applying it to other properties now. As someone said, merchandise at this park is likely going to be peak merch sales for Universal.

Mario Kart
Yoshi's Adventure
HTTYD Coaster
HTTYD Skyfly
HTTYD Boat Ride
HTTYD Flying Simulator
Monsters Kuka Ride
Potter E-ticket 1
Potter E-ticket 2
Dueling Coaster 1
Dueling Coaster 2

Zodiac hub carousel too

As others have said, genius idea!

Lets hope they have all the above and more.

The food opportunities are pretty endless.

Reactions: frank_1991_
Status
Not open for further replies.