Halloween Horror Nights 2020 Old Speculation Thread | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2020 Old Speculation Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is indeed a lock I assure you HHN would not let it waste on the spinoffs as those would be easier to obtain on the side and would want this entirely to focus on The Conjuring itself. Including those would just make the house insanely incoherent and a mess. Also I'm sure Uni's previous treatments were just on the solo films because there's enough content in those as is stands to fill a house on its own.

i'm just saying in case it does happen to come, that people should expect the bare minimum (which IMO is more than enough - beggars cant be choosers).

If this is indeed a lock I assure you HHN would not let it waste on the spinoffs as those would be easier to obtain on the side and would want this entirely to focus on The Conjuring itself. Including those would just make the house insanely incoherent and a mess. Also I'm sure Uni's previous treatments were just on the solo films because there's enough content in those as is stands to fill a house on its own.

i'm just saying in case it does happen to come, that people should expect the bare minimum (which IMO is more than enough - beggars cant be choosers).

If anything, I imagine main Conjuring movies one year, spin-offs as a sequel maze..

Reactions: chris.g
Ah jeez a maze based on Resident Evil 7 has some insane potential. I'm a huge fan of the games, in general, and I'd love to see some greatest hits from the canonical series. The Regenerador from RE4!

Wonder if the film series creates any licensing issues.

Okay some guesses. I’ll try a date connection first.

Queen Of South came out in the year of 2016. Some horror movies that came out 2016:
The Conjuring 2
The Void
The Purge Election Year
Resident Evil: Final Chapter

Going by month, here’s what I got:
Child’s Play (2019)
Annabelle Comes Home
The Thing
Ghostbusters
Twin Peaks (Final episode)

Now here’s what I can think of by connecting with the plot. One of the main characters is from Mexico so this makes me think of The Mexican Original maze could be happening.

Resident Evil makes sense with 3‘s Reboot coming out soon…

If this is it then this definitely needs to be a Soundstage maze. Raccoon City + Umbrella Labs would be hard to make in a tent. If it’s based off 2 then they could easily do the police station in a tent though

Really hope this is true though. Orlando had it in 23 and still jealous of that. I’d kill for it to be based off 7 too if they can’t do the reboots

So Recap for Rumors so far:

- The Conjuring
- Billie Eilish’s When We All Fall Asleep
- Resident Evil

If this is it then this definitely needs to be a Soundstage maze. Raccoon City + Umbrella Labs would be hard to make in a tent. If it’s based off 2 then they could easily do the police station in a tent though

Really hope this is true though. Orlando had it in 23 and still jealous of that. I’d kill for it to be based off 7 too if they can’t do the reboots

- The Conjuring
- Resident Evil

Hm. Is this rumored to be shared? I'm generally not a video games person, but interesting nonetheless. Even though I've never played it I'd love to see Dead Space, just because I love that sub-genre of horror.

Hm. Is this rumored to be shared? I'm generally not a video games person, but interesting nonetheless. Even though I've never played it I'd love to see Dead Space, just because I love that sub-genre of horror.

If Resident Evil makes it's way, it'd be the first time for the West Coast; as Orlando had it for HHN23 and Osaka has had it multiple times in their own Halloween event in past years.

If this is true..god I hope it takes place either in RE2/3, or in Resident Evil 7 (which honestly, would be my choice; as it seems more in Murdy and Chris's wheelhouse. Especially with the rumors of RE8 continuing the events).

- The Conjuring
- Resident Evil

I think they can do city scenes in tents. They did it for a few of the Walking Deads, they did it for First Purge pretty well with the apartment exterior scene. Just a few Raccoon City PD exteriors, Umbrella Labs exteriors, and maybe a few stilt-walkers for Nemesis and we should be golden.

Reactions: MacMillian Crew
I could see Resident Evil being the heavy effects maze. You got William Birkins and his different stages, giant alligator, the lickers, and more. So yeah if Re2/3 are happening, then hell yeah I’m all in for it. And if HHN is looking into more video games, then we could get DOOM. I remember HHN twitter responded to a fan art and DOOM was one of their favorites.

I could see Resident Evil being the heavy effects maze. You got William Birkins and his different stages, giant alligator, the lickers, and more. So yeah if Re2/3 are happening, then hell yeah I’m all in for it. And if HHN is looking into more video games, then we could get DOOM. I remember HHN twitter responded to a fan art and DOOM was one of their favorites.

If Resident Evil comes(and performs well) I could definitely seem DOOM or Dead by Daylight up next. In a dream world Bioshock would be a maze but the scale is insane and the plot is too long to condense

Reactions: Jaden
I did get to go through the RE at HHN 23. There were some cool scenes (The “pause” scene and the room with Nenesis shooting at you were pretty cool to look at). But it was not scary. I’m sure y’all would’ve enjoyed it if you were a fan of the games. That being said, I think Hollywood’s could easily be better with effects and scares. I would like to see the Hostel dogs used again for the infected dogs as a scare.

If the RE rumors are true, it deserves to go in SS 23. They need the proper space for some larger scenes. If that venue is going to be reserved for something else, I would be totally down to see it get used for the (will be) former TWDA building. I wouldn’t be surprised if they save a few sets and props from TWDA for it. Wouldn’t put it past them to reuse those random props in the hospital queue or keep that brick wall hallway up.

Knowing how Murdy works, I think TWDA would be the location for RE. He generally bases venues on what themes “work” not necessarily by their spatial demands (i.e. Mummy being the cults/classics venue, TWDA being a “zombie”/outbreak venue, JP queue being a “haunted house” venue, FDTD tent being the “show” venue, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.