Halloween Horror Nights 2020 Old Speculation Thread | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2020 Old Speculation Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The maze next to the Mummy isn't a Metro sets maze, but it's still considered a backlot maze, isn't it? Also I would think that they would still utilize the ST soundstage even if ST isn't coming back.

Conjuring could easily be a fake rumor but the fact it’s rumored over here too makes me think it could be a bit more realistic. Dr. Who was a weird rumor over there but wasn’t heard here and Billie is rumored for both but genuinely makes sense(although I could see Orlando not using it - totally up Hollywood’s alley though)

Don’t want to turn this into the Orlando thread, but they can’t really afford to have this year be a bad year. Like, it’s HHN 30! C’mon!

But as a Hollywood local, I won’t complain if our event is way better.:grin:

Given how every time Orlando's had an anniversary year, Hollywood's event is usually at it's weakest and laziest content-wise (2010, 2015), how funny would it be if this year reversed that trend? :p

Given how every time Orlando's had an anniversary year, Hollywood's event is usually at it's weakest and laziest content-wise (2010, 2015), how funny would it be if this year reversed that trend? :p
Well last year, I reversed the trend of Hollywood being meh for every year I went to Orlando. I guess this trend is next to get reversed! :tease:

I know the Conjuring has been brought up several pages back, but I don't see why it wouldn't come this year, especially this year. The new movie comes out this Fall, it's heavily requested, Horror Made Here is done, and the lawsuit has been settled. AFAIK Uni is still on pretty good terms with WB (I mean, they kinda have to be to keep Potter in the parks).

So why wouldn't it come?

I know the Conjuring has been brought up several pages back, but I don't see why it wouldn't come this year, especially this year. The new movie comes out this Fall, it's heavily requested, Horror Made Here is done, and the lawsuit has been settled. AFAIK Uni is still on pretty good terms with WB (I mean, they kinda have to be to keep Potter in the parks).

So why wouldn't it come?
I think the lack of speculation is mainly due to disinterest. The IP is just less hot, so fewer people will talk about it, but I agree that it would make more than a little sense

I think the lack of speculation is mainly due to disinterest. The IP is just less hot, so fewer people will talk about it, but I agree that it would make more than a little sense
Yeah if they want to do the Conjuring, it better be now or never because interest is dying off. That would be a shame to let fade after years of opportunity to do it, only to be hit with setbacks.

So why wouldn't it come?

I just think the nuances of licensing rights go a lot deeper than most of us realize. It always seem like the most obvious ones get caught up in areas that are somehow beyond Universal's control, despite them being key stakeholders (Hill House) or in some cases the primary stakeholders (Halloween '18). Which sucks, because they are the properties that tend to make the most sense as far as tone and cohesion go.

You mean disinterest among the general public? I'd tend to agree there, but I think the Conjuring remains high on the list of HHN diehards ever since it came close to fruition a few years ago. I also think Murdy and the Universal creative in general still have a lot of interest. Personally speaking, it's in my top five, maybe even top three.

Yeah if they want to do the Conjuring, it better be now or never because interest is dying off. That would be a shame to let fade after years of opportunity to do it, only to be hit with setbacks.

Mystique Phreeq pointed out that the upcoming movie is based off an extremely controversial case. As in, the family involved has sued before. So Uni could get cold feet there.

I would say it wouldn’t be enough of a merch seller, but if the Eilish rumors are true that might fill that requirement. Of course it would be weird for the most profitable IP on our side to be a lagoon show.

Mystique Phreeq pointed out that the upcoming movie is based off an extremely controversial case. As in, the family involved has sued before. So Uni could get cold feet there.

I would say it wouldn’t be enough of a merch seller, but if the Eilish rumors are true that might fill that requirement. Of course it would be weird for the most profitable IP on our side to be a lagoon show.
Ooooohhhh interesting. I did not know this. Couldn't they leave out the new movie to avoid any potential lawsuit, or if they did just the first two, would Uni still be "guilty by association" if they were to sue?

With how big The Conjuring Universe already is (1 & 2, 3 Annabelle films, The Nun, La Llorona) they have enough material to fill an attraction with enough environments and characters to the point that if they chose to exclude the upcoming film for that reason, most people wouldn't really realize it or would be forgiving of the exemption, so as long as the iconic villains make appearances inside (e.g. Bathsheba, Valak, Annabelle's demon, Crooked Man, etc...).

I mean it was a hypothetical. The way I approached a Conjuring maze coming to HHN was if WB only allowed Universal one year to use that franchise at the event, I'd assume the creative team would want to take advantage of all the released films that fall under that umbrella, so as to utilize and recreate the iconic moments and demons from each of the films. Potentially to eliminate blackout rooms and dead spaces in the attraction as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.