Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans

Honestly I could see them going with Triotech like for the dark ride Legoland and Knott’s. Low-maintenance as they’re media-based, and as shown with Iron Reef, they’re fairly easy to switch out/upgrade.

Honestly, Symbolica at Effteling blew me away with its execution

Something like that themed to the ocean or Sesame would be great

It was like $38 Million though

and a good $38 million well spent. By far my favorite trackless dark ride to this day of the ones I’ve ridden. (Yes, I’ve ridden Rise of the Resistance) it’s fun, different things happen, and animatronics and ‘enchanted’ stuff all over the place!
Sea World could definitely go back and re-theme Antarctica and make it worthwhile...but they’d need to spend more money.

I am curious to see if Sesame Street ever ends up getting a dark ride here...

and a good $38 million well spent. By far my favorite trackless dark ride to this day of the ones I’ve ridden. (Yes, I’ve ridden Rise of the Resistance) it’s fun, different things happen, and animatronics and ‘enchanted’ stuff all over the place!
Sea World could definitely go back and re-theme Antarctica and make it worthwhile...but they’d need to spend more money.

I am curious to see if Sesame Street ever ends up getting a dark ride here...
I think they see Antarctica as filler to get to the penguins...essentially, it's fine (for them)

A Sesame dark ride would get a bigger budget I feel

I don't see them spending more than $25 million on any new attractions.

Especially on dark rides, considering how they’ve removed them (Darkastle), downgraded them (JTA Orlando), or made extremely mediocre ones (Submarine Quest & Battle for Eire).

I think Triotech makes sense from a maintenance standpoint. Something like Ninjago only needs a few physical sets and projectors, and it can be easily upgraded. The lack of a motion base also makes it more family friendly and accessible than a ride like Darkastle.

Would they be my first choice? Absolutely not, but I would consider them one of the most likely choices for any dark rides going forward.

Uh oh. Seaworld sent out a survey. Look at the title....
Interesting. Didn't even notice the title. When I filled it out I kept answering more family-friendly attractions and when it asked for a specific idea I said Sesame Street family dark ride.

It was a bummer taking my nieces and without Antarctica running that day there weren't many rides we could all ride together, other than the flats at Sesame Street.

All of my questions ended up being about BG. Guess I have to say I visited Sea World most recently to submit feedback for that park.

I've confirmed with several people who have been at the park this weekend that they are not using the "Bayside path" for the Seven Seas Food Festival as normal, just the stadium for the concerts. The food booths are spread out around the rest of the park. I think this pretty much confirms construction will start in that area soon (the area the permit is for), and more noticeable once Ice Breaker opens. I wish I could get to the park soon to see, perhaps see if anything is going on in that area already (from the Skytower). I'm sure Midway Mayhem will soon enough though.

I know some want it to be a wing coaster, since it would be unique for FL. I really want and prefer a custom GCI (with steel structure) as I stated previously in this thread (even with IB, they need more non-inverting coasters). In fact, I'd rather have an invert over a wing to be honest. I'm just not a fan of the wing coasters (I'll ride them but are my least or 2nd least favorite model from B&M), though the GP (non-enthusiasts) seem to love them and they are picturesque so it would be a win for the park. Maybe we'll all be surprised and it be something completely off the radar.

I've confirmed with several people who have been at the park this weekend that they are not using the "Bayside path" for the Seven Seas Food Festival as normal, just the stadium for the concerts. The food booths are spread out around the rest of the park. I think this pretty much confirms construction will start in that area soon (the area the permit is for), and more noticeable once Ice Breaker opens. I wish I could get to the park soon to see, perhaps see if anything is going on in that area already (from the Skytower). I'm sure Midway Mayhem will soon enough though.

I know some want it to be a wing coaster, since it would be unique for FL. I really want and prefer a custom GCI (with steel structure) as I stated previously in this thread (even with IB, they need more non-inverting coasters). In fact, I'd rather have an invert over a wing to be honest. I'm just not a fan of the wing coasters (I'll ride them but are my least or 2nd least favorite model from B&M), though the GP (non-enthusiasts) seem to love them and they are picturesque so it would be a win for the park. Maybe we'll all be surprised and it be something completely off the radar.
Yea, you can see on the website where the food booths are, and correct, they’re not using the Bayside path for Seven Seas.

576CEADE-2F27-46C0-98D5-FEA0E85DA3B9.jpeg

I talked to the person who initially told me about the new coaster plans and it may truly be a "first of it's kind" B&M coaster coming in, and not just a wing coaster.

Some time ago they trademarked a "Surf Coaster" design (B&M Trademarks New Coaster Type: "Surf Coaster"), and the new rumor is that it may be the new coaster coming to SeaWorld.

This would make a lot of sense with 2021 being so competitive for the Orlando market. While SeaWorld isn't in the same league and challenging Disney and Universal, they are focused on the annual pass/local market and need to do something big to keep them coming. With the Jurassic Coaster, Tron Coaster, and Guardians coaster all offering big new thrills, they feel they need to do something I'm sure. A first of it's kind coaster would certainly make a splash even in the big pond of Orlando.

Perhaps this is a variation on the Wing Coaster design and that caused the confusion?

Last edited:
I talked to the person who initially told me about the new coaster plans and it may truly be a "first of it's kind" B&M coaster coming in, and not just a wing coaster.

Some time ago they trademarked a "Surf Coaster" design (B&M Trademarks New Coaster Type: "Surf Coaster"), and the new rumor is that it may be the new coaster coming to SeaWorld.

This would make a lot of sense with 2021 being so competitive for the Orlando market. While SeaWorld isn't in the same league and challenging Disney and Universal, they are focused on the annual pass/local market and need to do something big to keep them coming. With the Jurassic Coaster, Tron Coaster, and Guardians coaster all offering big new thrills, they feel they need to do something I'm sure. A first of it's kind coaster would certainly make a splash even in the big pond of Orlando.

Perhaps this is a variation on the Wing Coaster design and that caused the confusion?

Sounds like a 4D coaster to me.

Honestly, I'll be disappointed if it's not a regular sit down coaster. I have a love hate relationship with Manta. It's fun, but I'm far more likely to re-ride Mako than Manta.

I know they're trying to stand out. It'll be hard to do so with major coasters coming from Disney and Universal, but I hope they don't think another non traditional coaster is the answer. I was OK with winged because you're still sitting. Let's see what happens. Glad there's another major ride on the docket. Wish IB was more like Pantheon instead and next year was something smaller (a flat or two).