The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 125 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All the clues are valid. I'm doing clues for rumors.

Now, it'll be several more weeks until we (I) know for sure which rumors are valid. I haven't posted anymore clues simply because I haven't felt like it. Part of me wants to wait until you solve the Pie clue. Ya'll have gotten agonizing close a couple of times.

Any rumors about corn? I'm trying to decide if I should plan vacation for early or late hurricane season...

Reactions: Andromeda
I hate to say it, but I bet Saw will return. Because of the addition of a house this year and the inevitable spreading the budget a small bit thinner (even if they ask for more cash), Saw tends to be cheap as it can re-use relatively generic walls from previous years, especially if the cement sewer look from the trailer is throughout the film. If the sequel reuses the pig masks, expenses will go further down, and any new props or “traps” will be justified by a boatload of merch sales. No matter the reviews of the houses, which tend to be misses, Saw seems to be an anchor property that commands exceptionally long wait times and would be a potential draw for out-of-towners. It would also allow Universal to cast a more diverse cast as they often seek to do when choosing mazes.

I hate to say it, but I bet Saw will return. Because of the addition of a house this year and the inevitable spreading the budget a small bit thinner (even if they ask for more cash), Saw tends to be cheap as it can re-use relatively generic walls from previous years, especially if the cement sewer look from the trailer is throughout the film. If the sequel reuses the pig masks, expenses will go further down, and any new props or “traps” will be justified by a boatload of merch sales. No matter the reviews of the houses, which tend to be misses, Saw seems to be an anchor property that commands exceptionally long wait times and would be a potential draw for out-of-towners. It would also allow Universal to cast a more diverse cast as they often seek to do when choosing mazes.

At least it would be a profitable R-rated property? While I wouldn’t be interested at all, I can totally live with it showing up.

All the clues are valid. I'm doing clues for rumors.

Now, it'll be several more weeks until we (I) know for sure which rumors are valid. I haven't posted anymore clues simply because I haven't felt like it. Part of me wants to wait until you solve the Pie clue. Ya'll have gotten agonizing close a couple of times.
Pie? THINNER HOUSE CONFIRMED. "Legacy? He was a mook -- but he was MY Mook!"

I don't think they need to go with Saw to reuse material for another house. If there are only a few IPs this year, there should theoritically be more money in the budget due to lower licensing fees. They can reuse original house content without having to pay for licensing rights.

I'd personally like to see another sequel house - Screamhouse or Catacombs would be my picks.

Reactions: johnathanm
Orlando doesn't "reuse walls." They'll reuse large rock work pieces and some specific treatments but, unless the house isn't dismantled, everything is a fresh build. Some masks may get reused if they're still in good condition. Same with props and costumes. But everything has a shelf life.

I don't think they need to go with Saw to reuse material for another house. If there are only a few IPs this year, there should theoritically be more money in the budget due to lower licensing fees. They can reuse original house content without having to pay for licensing rights.

I'd personally like to see another sequel house - Screamhouse or Catacombs would be my picks.

I would be very cautious about sequels that they can't really put a new spin on. I don't see any possibility for Screamhouse. But Catacombs...remember when Fallen was rumored to be a Catacombs-Gothic crossover? The Plague Doctors could end up in the Cathedral, much to the anger of the gargoyles...

There's only one real possibility I can think of for Scarecrow.

LitC would be fairly easy to come up with a sequel too (desserts, Thanksgiving/Christmas)...

In-Between = arcade game...

Etc...

Last edited:
I would be very cautious about sequels that they can't really put a new spin on. I don't see any possibility for Screamhouse. But Catacombs...remember when Fallen was rumored to be a Catacombs-Gothic crossover? The Plague Doctors could end up in the Cathedral, much to the anger of the gargoyles...

There's only one real possibility I can think of for Scarecrow.

LitC would be fairly easy to come up with a sequel too...

In-Between = arcade game...

Etc...
I still want "Catacombs: Remission" where the Center for Disease Control goes in to contain the Plague Doctors. Then it's essentially modern plague doctors versus ancient plague doctors.

Just imagine the catacombs with plastic sheeting, air ducts, and decontamination chambers.

I still want "Catacombs: Remission" where the Center for Disease Control goes in to contain the Plague Doctors. Then it's essentially modern plague doctors versus ancient plague doctors.

Just imagine the catacombs with plastic sheeting, air ducts, and decontamination chambers.

And dire news reports about the virus. Like in the DEPZ trailer (was very disappointed those weren't actually in the house).

I find that the first announcement is gonna be at Peacock Live, it's inevitable. They have a panel dedicated to HHN, a lot of people in one place at once, there will be a live stream going, and the perfect place to announce there joined headliner IP (hopefully).

As far as im concerned we can only estimate when the first announcement will happen, id like to assume that most if not everyone is in the dark when they will drop the big surprise. But my guess is that it will be at Peacock.

It would be cool if they live streamed announcements all together so people could gather there for announcements. It would bring all the fans in one place and we could all watch announcement's together. I got the idea from how Nintendo Directs are set up if you guys know what those are. I just like the fact that everyone can be together and talk and react through chat about what's being announced.
It's good to dream I guess.

I find that the first announcement is gonna be at Peacock Live, it's inevitable. They have a panel dedicated to HHN, a lot of people in one place at once, there will be a live stream going, and the perfect place to announce there joined headliner IP (hopefully).

As far as im concerned we can only estimate when the first announcement will happen, id like to assume that most if not everyone is in the dark when they will drop the big surprise. But my guess is that it will be at Peacock.

It would be cool if they live streamed announcements all together so people could gather there for announcements. It would bring all the fans in one place and we could all watch announcement's together. I got the idea from how Nintendo Directs are set up if you guys know what those are. I just like the fact that everyone can be together and talk and react through chat about what's being announced.

I wonder if they would want to announce a Universal property then...you really don’t think they’d announce a lagoon show (for one coast at least) first do you?

I think we’re more likely to get the first announcement a few days ahead of Peacock Live, and they’ll discuss what they’ve announced at the panel.

I’m sure they would want to put out all the houses and zones first and then wait and announce the Lagoon show how they did last year. They’ll probably announce AOV’s return before it.

If Eillish is the lagoon theme, it'll be announced early on. Eillish is a very popular "IP" at the moment.

The reason why I think they should put it out last is because it's being talked so much, so I'm sure they would probably leave it last so they could get all the other ips and originals and stuff because they know other fans want that while Eillish fans would get really excited as the lagoon show being the final announcement, obviously she'll be put up there with headlining ips but I just feel like they are going to do the announcements how they did last year, trying to throw people offguard and finally just putting Eillish as the last announcement and not going to be a joint ip with Hollywood.

Status
Not open for further replies.