The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 123 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaron Fredrick "AJ" Mitchell Jr. (born May 17, 2001),[2] is an American singer-songwriter and musician who is currently signed to Epic Records. He gained a following in 2017 after posting clips of himself singing and performing covers on YouTube and Instagram. His first independent single, "Used To Be", was written by Mitchell at age 13 and has over 60 million streams.[3]
Mitchell has three songs which have reached the top 40 on the US radio charts, the July 2018 release "Girls", which reached No. 39,[4] the March 2019 release "All My Friends", which reached No. 24,[5] and "Slow Dance" (featuring Ava Max), which broke into the Top 40 charts in October 2019.[6]

Aaron Fredrick "AJ" Mitchell Jr. (born May 17, 2001),[2] is an American singer-songwriter and musician who is currently signed to Epic Records. He gained a following in 2017 after posting clips of himself singing and performing covers on YouTube and Instagram. His first independent single, "Used To Be", was written by Mitchell at age 13 and has over 60 million streams.[3]
Mitchell has three songs which have reached the top 40 on the US radio charts, the July 2018 release "Girls", which reached No. 39,[4] the March 2019 release "All My Friends", which reached No. 24,[5] and "Slow Dance" (featuring Ava Max), which broke into the Top 40 charts in October 2019.[6]

I literally had no idea who it was. Just a gif.

Please, don’t start interpreting everything I post as a clue or a hint. If it’s a clue, I’ll say it’s a clue. If it’s a hint, I’ll say it’s a hint. Any post that doesn’t say that, or doesn’t quote specific discussion about my clues, is just conversation.

The “everything is a hint” atmosphere really annoyed me last year.

Last edited:
I realize I am WAY far back in reading this thread (yes, I'm only on page 51 - holy crap, you all are PROLIFIC). I was going to wait to comment until I was caught up (like in a friggin month??), but this comment got me. I am literally laughing out loud. I often forget how young some of you are (or how damn old I am). I would qualify to determine what would be the "mom house" because I'm sure I'm old enough to be a mom to more than half of you (wild guess). I took this to mean that a "mom house" would be based on an IP your mom grew up with. I mean, if you're talking Ghostbusters, Gremlins, Poltergeist, American Werewolf in London, etc.. these are all MY movies from MY childhood. See what I mean?

Then, you comment on promo videos of older women coming in groups... LOL! Yep, that would be me, my wife and my best friend. We are ALL middle-aged broads from Chicago, and we will out-walk you, outlast you and outspend you at HHN. :) Feel free to say hello if you see us this year. This will be our 16th year in a row attending.. and yes, flying in from Chicago to do it. So, Disneyson, sweets.. you don't need a promo video to confirm this.. we are also among you right here. :)
I roll my eyes when I hear someone ask about a house based on a Video games
... and I’m sure they rolled their eyes when Ghostbusters was announced. We can all coexist though. The thing I don’t get is , we are the ones with the money. I couldn’t afford Halloween horror nights when I was in my early 20s.... then again I’m not local, I’m in Philadelphia. So hopefully we get a bunch of “ mom houses “ again this year lol

Haha! Well, it’s lovely to meet you! I love the “mom houses” every year, and me, my mom, and her wife love to marathon the movies before we go to the event. You’re so right, they DO have the money, and we have a lot of fun when they buy my ticket to get in once in a while, if I don’t get a frequent pass or work the event...! I would love to all meet up, get drinks and try to keep up, haha! And I’d love for you to give us the insider scoop on what horror you’ve been watching this year so we can figure out what the “mom house” will be, LOL!

Reactions: hunnylvr
I literally had no idea who it was. Just a gif.

Please, don’t start interpreting everything I post as a clue or a hint. If it’s a clue, I’ll say it’s a clue. If it’s a hint, I’ll say it’s a hint. Any post that doesn’t say that, or doesn’t quote specific discussion about my clues, is just conversation.

The “everything is a hint” atmosphere really annoyed me last year.
ANNOY LEGACY: THE HOUSE, CONFIRMED

Just bringing this up out of curiosity, is there any chance Deadtime Stories from last year could show up? I heard they were pretty far in design so it would be a pretty easy house for the lineup

Just bringing this up out of curiosity, is there any chance Deadtime Stories from last year could show up? I heard they were pretty far in design so it would be a pretty easy house for the lineup
I think it would be great I think, it's a fun concept that hasn't been explored to that caliber yet

Us UK’ers have had our early ticket release :wave:

My first assumption is always reused text, but the FFP Pass option has the “More Houses Than Ever” tagline on it.

My first assumption is always reused text, but the FFP Pass option has the “More Houses Than Ever” tagline on it.
Yeah an 11th House would fit the sentence "reimagined Horror from the past" if they bring back a house and just slightly change it (new boo holes and scare types).I personally hope for sth like Scary Tales or Body Collectors

Reactions: Kadath
Yeah an 11th House would fit the sentence "reimagined Horror from the past" if they bring back a house and just slightly change it (new boo holes and scare types).I personally hope for sth like Scary Tales or Body Collectors

Here's how I would do it:
  1. Bring over at least one of Creepshow or Holidayz from Hollywood.
  2. Cut Plaza of Stars as a scarezone location--and y'know what? I'd be okay with scrapping Springfield as well. Sorry. There's enough in that area of the park to keep guests flowing there, which is a reason SF needs a scarezone.
  3. One fewer licensed property than last year (what counts as a "completely Universal made" property?).
But seriously, I really don't want to see them just repeat a house they've already done here (cough Scarecrow).

Last edited:
Here's how I would do it:
  1. Bring over at least one of Creepshow or Holidayz from Hollywood.
  2. Cut Plaza of Stars as a scarezone location.
  3. One fewer licensed property than last year (what counts as a "completely Universal made" property?).
But seriously, I really don't want to see them just repeat a house they've already done here (cough Scarecrow).
Or, you know, just ask for more money.

And they would never “bring over” a house. The two coasts operate entirely independently from each other and design things uniquely for their audiences. There would be no actual cost savings.

Last edited:
Or, you know, just ask for more money.

And they would never “bring over” a house. They two coasts operate entirely independently from each other and design things uniquely for their audiences. There would be no actual cost savings.

Reminds me of the discussions people had of Orlando possibly sending over AWIL's puppets to HW, which clearly didn't happen.

Also, while different events...Busch Gardens Tampa did legitimately ship Demented Dimensions over to BGW a year after Tampa debuted it. It's a choice I still don't understand, and it ended up being a good case to NOT do that as the house was promptly neutered by BGW on the spot.

Reminds me of the discussions people had of Orlando possibly sending over AWIL's puppets to HW, which clearly didn't happen.

Also, while different events...Busch Gardens Tampa did legitimately ship Demented Dimensions over to BGW a year after Tampa debuted it. It's a choice I still don't understand, and it ended up being a good case to NOT do that as the house was promptly neutered by BGW on the spot.
From my understanding of how the Busch parks operate, there is a core team the new houses each park gets. The parks have some flexibility in how they’re executed, but it’s far more centralized. It’s a budget-saving measure so they don’t have to pay for multiple design teams.

Universal, conversely, has very limited cross-talk between coasts in execution and design, and also very different processes. Orlando is corporate, committee-based, big team design. Apart from treatments and conceptual stuff, very little is created in-house. A large percentage is free-lanced our. Hollywood is the opposite. It’s a couple of guys in an office being hands with most of the design work.

They’re apples and oranges. Until Murdy is gone and Universal forces a more centralized Entertainment structure, you won’t see houses “moving.”

Status
Not open for further replies.