The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 122 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All this is history stuff is nice to know, but I don't think it ruins your experience when walking through a maze. Plus there's plenty online to get caught once we know what things are coming, so I think you'd be fine.
You should be fine this year just know icons from the past could possibly come back there’s plenty of history of HHN videos on YouTube if your really interested.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
So as someone who only started coming in 2016... will I be totally lost and confused this year? Lol.

They won't toss all of their newer fans to the wolves (rehash the Billie argument ad nauseum). If an Icon or LT returns it'll be a self-contained situation, or will have some form of backstory that you can read, or both. I'm personally anticipating something similar to the FB chat thing they did with Graveyard Games last year.

I'd actually love to see the engagement results from that chat, I thought it was pretty interesting and a neat way to pass time in the line. Does anyone have any idea if that was successful at all?

They won't toss all of their newer fans to the wolves (rehash the Billie argument ad nauseum). If an Icon or LT returns it'll be a self-contained situation, or will have some form of backstory that you can read, or both. I'm personally anticipating something similar to the FB chat thing they did with Graveyard Games last year.

I'd actually love to see the engagement results from that chat, I thought it was pretty interesting and a neat way to pass time in the line. Does anyone have any idea if that was successful at all?
I can't speak on a large scale, but my fiancée did it while we were in line and really enjoyed it. I was surprised how long the chat actually was.

Reactions: Living Dead Dude
So as someone who only started coming in 2016... will I be totally lost and confused this year? Lol.
This isn’t a terrible place to start.

It hasn’t been updated in a couple years, but it has most of the historical canon available.

All of my history docs were lost when a computer crashed. Incomplete versions of those docs can be found in the FB Horror Unearthed/LegendaryTruth 2018. I think I’m still an admin so if requires approval just let me know. The group has been a little moribund the past two years. The history is just that.

Retconning to reintroduce the concept wouldn’t be surprising. Actually, having in-park/online in-depth game play would be surprising. I think if it comes it will be as a house like Wyandot Estate. I can, even, speculate what that house would be:

The Repository redone in an anniversary fashion. Not the actual experience per se, but the “theme”.

Or The Mansion, not far removed from the repository concept, after it has burned.

I can 100% vouch for @mystiquephreeq if it is HHN "cannon" she knows whats up! As for the digging up information on what can we expect from HHN's dirty 30.. every milestone and anniversary year has been different. 10 had hints of the past in some ways, 15 immersed into Terra where 16 brought the event back to the studios and brought all of the Icons together. I expect 30 to be more like 20 then 25, but who knows. Speculation season is ramping up and everyone is excited. First time in a long time without Aiello running the show... I am just glad the event was handed to someone with as much passion as he had, they are just not as social as mike was.

I did a bunch of research on the recent houses that were sequels of previous houses. I'm planning to research on whatever they announce that connects to previous year's themes/icons.

Reactions: Living Dead Dude
I can 100% vouch for @mystiquephreeq if it is HHN "cannon" she knows whats up! As for the digging up information on what can we expect from HHN's dirty 30.. every milestone and anniversary year has been different. 10 had hints of the past in some ways, 15 immersed into Terra where 16 brought the event back to the studios and brought all of the Icons together. I expect 30 to be more like 20 then 25, but who knows. Speculation season is ramping up and everyone is excited. First time in a long time without Aiello running the show... I am just glad the event was handed to someone with as much passion as he had, they are just not as social as mike was.
“Mike’s fingerprints will still be on this year.”

They were well into development when Mike left. Will we start seeing adjustments? Maybe. I think Jason and Charles are going to avoid shifting too much this year. In a couple of years is when it will wholly “theirs.”

And do "fingerprints" ever truly leave? As long as Jack (story teller, caretaker, director) is around it'll tie back to some of the OGs. Sure things are constantly changing, the event gets bigger and longer every year! Not sure what my point is in all of this, but i have a feeling this community of fans that have been on Forum after Forum will be talking about what used to be when HHN 35 Spec is wondering if it will be at EU or will Lava Zombies make a comeback after that strange throwaway year in VB... HAHA

• Haha
Reactions: PenguinCowboy
So every single year for awhile now has featured a TV show as a house (TWD, AHS,ST) do we think that’s gonna continue this year? Something huge like haunting of hill house or less known like Creepshow? Personally I would love to see chucky!

Status
Not open for further replies.