Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 134 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it should always be a dark and stormy night in Monsters land.

Back before it was even rumored that the Monsters would be part of this park (or any park), I always thought a land housed inside a giant showbuilding, where it's perpetually night, would have been a really cool environment for the characters. Like a massive, European version of Mexico in Epcot.

Back before it was even rumored that the Monsters would be part of this park (or any park), I always thought a land housed inside a giant showbuilding, where it's perpetually night, would have been a really cool environment for the characters. Like a massive, European version of Mexico in Epcot.
While I'm doubting it based on permits, who knows! With KFP in Beijing being fully indoors it wouldn't be their first try at this. Unlikely, however. Great concept though.

or like ....Knockturn Alley, dark....and creepy scary too.

Reactions: belloq87
While I'm doubting it based on permits, who knows! With KFP in Beijing being fully indoors it wouldn't be their first try at this. Unlikely, however. Great concept though.
I prefer it outside personally. Also, I think it’s worth mentioning KFP is indoors due to Beijing weather. Cool idea, but wouldmt feel right for Frankenstein imo.

While most of thile Classic Monsters land seems to be outdoors, there's a large section in the middle which I believe could be covered. This section is labeled B1505 on the site plans:
Screenshot_20200211-135901.png

From the concept art, it looks like this area is a mix of smaller buildings and possible wooded area:
Screenshot_20200211-144949-min.png

The possible wooded area could be covered to simulate a dark creepy forest, similar to the way Knockturn Alley simulates night.

This is a bit of a reach but, it's possible this section is the rumored "walkthrough" area, as opposed to the windmill being both a meet and greet and walkthrough. There's certainly much more space in this area as opposed to the possible windmill.

Further reach on speculation, but the walkthrough could be a haunted house/scarezone.

Last edited:
While most of thile Classic Monsters land seems to be outdoors, there's a large section in the middle which I believe could be covered. This section is labeled B1505 on the site plans:
View attachment 11637

From the concept art, it looks like this area is a mix of smaller buildings and possible wooded area:
View attachment 11638

The possible wooded area could be covered to simulate a dark creepy forest, similar to the way Knockturn Alley simulates night.

This is a bit of a reach but, it's possible this section is the rumored "walkthrough" area, as opposed to the windmill being both a meet and greet and walkthrough. There's certainly much more space in this area as opposed to the possible windmill.

Further reach on speculation, but the walkthrough could be a sort of haunted house/scarezone.

I think that area will just be a wooded area for leisure. Not much else.

I think that area will just be a wooded area for leisure. Not much else.
I was thinking that could be as well, and you're probably right.

But there's a a few good reasons why this section being leisure wouldn't be the case.

First, there's clearly a "main entrance." You don't see this in the leisure areas for USF, for example, which have multiple exits/entrances for guests to walkthrough. (Note there are small entrances, but these look like outdoor Team Member entrances rather than guest entrances.)

Second, this is a very large area. It's as large as the possible show, labeled B1530. There's already other buildings clearly indicated as a restaurant (B1510) and another possible shop (B1520) area, so this is separate from that.

Third, I think we're expecting the hub to essentially be entirely leisure (aside from an attraction or two), why occupy space inside a land for the same thing?

If you could, let's imagine this space in Nintendo, WWOHP, or HTTYD, our imaginations would go wild with the potential. But why for Classic Monsters would we be so willing to say "leisure."

Last edited:
The monsters site plan we have right now is specifically for two of the foundations, so the building numbers don't all show the buildings themselves. B1505 could be teensy little shed in the center of that space, or something crazy like a giant cave, but I don't think we can know for sure yet with what we have.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some sort of creepy park area with trees there, as that's kind of what the concept art looks like to me.

The monsters site plan we have right now is specifically for two of the foundations, so the building numbers don't all show the buildings themselves. B1505 could be teensy little shed in the center of that space, or something crazy like a giant cave, but I don't think we can know for sure yet with what we have.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some sort of creepy park area with trees there, as that's kind of what the concept art looks like to me.
Monsters versions of Camp Jurrassic would make me cry

That, and maybe to protect us from the stinky water treatment plant behind it. :puke:
Do you think when we get the fb plans it’ll detail the building interior or just show a main area and two giant show buildings? I mean we know many of the stores in the indoor land, but the layout of the land itself...

I’m personally looking forward to the Animalerie. I know people love the niffler and pickett, but i want a plush ZoWu!

Last edited:
Since it’s speculated to be the place cachee (the french diagon alley). they did recreate the movie (and in the case of sugarplums’, that of a video game) stores for diagon so i think they’d do the same with the stores in the Place Cachee. Here’s some of the shops the film had there, and the canon history of them:
D86CFD00-44A1-4A68-92BC-2E50FC31B570.jpeg

Reactions: belloq87 and Alicia
Plenty of options, certainly.

I do hope there's a lot of merchandise/food/beverage that is exclusive to the land, and not shared between the other Wizarding Worlds.

Status
Not open for further replies.