Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 135 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Plenty of options, certainly.

I do hope there's a lot of merchandise/food/beverage that is exclusive to the land, and not shared between the other Wizarding Worlds.
wands and beauxbatons uniforms is where i see that. hopefully sweets and food too. I hope for queenies strudel in a resturaunt!

Also, the animalerie having stuffed fantastic beasts could be awesome!

Reactions: belloq87
One of my favorite things about UOR (and about theme parks in general) are the seasonal events. These currently include:
  • Mardi Gras - USF - Spring
  • Halloween Horror Nights - USF - Halloween
  • Dark Arts at Hogsmeade - IOA - Halloween
  • Macy's Parade - USF - Christmas
  • Grinchmas and Christmas in Hogsmeade - IOA - Christmas
What are some ideas for what seasonal events they could hold for Epic Universe? (I know they don't *need* to hold events, but it would be cool.)

Here's a few ideas:

Lunar (Chinese) New Year - January/February -
  • I'd like to see a copy of what's currently at Universal Studios Hollywood (food, stage show, meet and greet, decorations), held inside the hub. Add in a small parade and a themed nighttime/fireworks/fountain show as well to make this a full celebration worth visiting.
  • It's presumed the main reason they don't already have this in Orlando is because Hollywood has a larger Chinese community than Orlando (correct me if I'm wrong). However, I don't think a celebration should rely so heavily on how many people personally identify with the culture being celebrated. People are open to celebrating different cultures, and this could go over well with the general Orlando tourist population. Theme parks are adding more and more seasonal events (and expanding their current events), and Lunar New Year is the next big global event to add to Orlando.
MARIO Day - March 10 (MAR10) -
  • Hold a short celebration similar to the (now discontinued) Harry Potter Days at UOR. This could be a week long, with general decorations throughout the hub (including all Team Members with Mario hats), special food, small shows/meet and greet, retheme of night show, maybe a Smash tournament and some other gamer related events setup in an events based building (assuming the hub has these). They could even extend this over to USF/IOA, with Universal characters, including Minions, dressing like Mario.
Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead), or other similar Halloween event - September/October
  • EU might not go full scale with HHN during Halloween, but it would make sense to hold something smaller at EU for Halloween to coincide. Day of the Dead might make sense as a theme. This could be more family friendly, which guests could visit prior to heading over to USF for HHN. I'd suggest a parade, decorations, and food.
  • Another Halloween idea would be to make SNW 'haunted', with roaming Boos / other ghosts, and Luigi with his ghost vacuum (like Luigi's Mansion). They could even retheme the AR game so you're capturing the ghosts for points and earn special achievements. They could copy this event to all other SNW locations.
Yuletide or other Christmas celebrations -
  • EU will arguably need a Christmas-type celebration, since if it doesn't it would be the only park without one. Yuletide could be based on the more traditional (pre-Christian) celebration of the Winter Solstice, with winter/ice themed decorations (and food) throughout the hub, which could go well with the celestial theme of the hub.
  • There's a ton of potential to go wild with cerebrations in each land for Christmas as well, and I'd love to see them go all in.

One of my favorite things about UOR (and about theme parks in general) are the seasonal events. These currently include:
  • Mardi Gras - USF - Spring
  • Halloween Horror Nights - USF - Halloween
  • Dark Arts at Hogsmeade - IOA - Halloween
  • Macy's Parade - USF - Christmas
  • Grinchmas and Christmas in Hogsmeade - IOA - Christmas
What are some ideas for what seasonal events they could hold for Epic Universe? (I know they don't *need* to hold events, but it would be cool.)

Here's a few ideas:

Lunar (Chinese) New Year - January/February -
  • I'd like to see a copy of what's currently at Universal Studios Hollywood (food, stage show, meet and greet, decorations), held inside the hub. Add in a small parade and a themed nighttime/fireworks/fountain show as well to make this a full celebration worth visiting.
  • It's presumed the main reason they don't already have this in Orlando is because Hollywood has a larger Chinese community than Orlando (correct me if I'm wrong). However, I don't think a celebration should rely so heavily on how many people personally identify with the culture being celebrated. People are open to celebrating different cultures, and this could go over well with the general Orlando tourist population. Theme parks are adding more and more seasonal events (and expanding their current events), and Lunar New Year is the next big global event to add to Orlando.
MARIO Day - March 10 (MAR10) -
  • Hold a short celebration similar to the (now discontinued) Harry Potter Days at UOR. This could be a week long, with general decorations throughout the hub (including all Team Members with Mario hats), special food, small shows/meet and greet, retheme of night show, maybe a Smash tournament and some other gamer related events setup in an events based building (assuming the hub has these). They could even extend this over to USF/IOA, with Universal characters, including Minions, dressing like Mario.
Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead), or other similar Halloween event - September/October
  • EU might not go full scale with HHN during Halloween, but it would make sense to hold something smaller at EU for Halloween to coincide. Day of the Dead might make sense as a theme. This could be more family friendly, which guests could visit prior to heading over to USF for HHN. I'd suggest a parade, decorations, and food.
  • Another Halloween idea would be to make SNW 'haunted', with roaming Boos / other ghosts, and Luigi with his ghost vacuum (like Luigi's Mansion). They could even retheme the AR game so you're capturing the ghosts for points and earn special achievements. They could copy this event to all other SNW locations.
Yuletide or other Christmas celebrations -
  • EU will arguably need a Christmas-type celebration, since if it doesn't it would be the only park without one. Yuletide could be based on the more traditional (pre-Christian) celebration of the Winter Solstice, with winter/ice themed decorations (and food) throughout the hub, which could go well with the celestial theme of the hub.
  • There's a ton of potential to go wild with cerebrations in each land for Christmas as well, and I'd love to see them go all in.
Snoggletog is the httyd Christmas celebration. Could see it there.

Well, clearly the permit gods are smiling upon us. The (initially blank) overall site plans were filed (correctly) for P902 and they give us a better look at the center area. It does look like some type of town square/central courtyard type area.

View attachment 11645

Close up of middle of the area:

View attachment 11646

So, we’re guessing the following?

B1501 - E-ticket
B1510 - Restaurant
B1520 - Shop
B1556 - ???
B1530 - Show/Walk-through
B1540 - ??? (another shop/food&bev location?)

Is there the possibility for town building facades that aren't indicated on there, or would they be shown as such on those plans? If not, seems like a REALLY small village. I was kind of expecting something on the scale of the Hogsmeade's main drag, but this appears much smaller than that.

Well, clearly the permit gods are smiling upon us. The (initially blank) overall site plans were filed (correctly) for P902 and they give us a better look at the center area. It does look like some type of town square/central courtyard type area.

View attachment 11645

Close up of middle of the area:

View attachment 11646
Lining up to the concept art, B1556 could be an entrance into a wooded area.

Screenshot_20200211-144949-min_2 (1).jpg

To me, that looks like a wide open, brightly lit, entryway, indicated by the blue arrow. I'm thinking this could be a covered bridge-like structure surrounded by dense forest, similar to this:
Scary-Creepy-Bridges15.jpg

I believe this could be an entrance to a wooded area, indicated by the yellow outline in the concept art above. This would also line up with the site plan below (yellow outlining what I believe are walls surrounding the wooded area):
P902-Full-Site-Plan01~2.jpg

This would be separate to the courtyard to the left (which could be B1505).

Again, I'm suggesting this wooded area could be a Knockturn type area or even more, a walkthrough "attraction."

I might be wrong but just fun to speculate. The more likely scenario is that it's just a non-guest related wooded area (possibly for Team Members, considering there are multiple entrances and exits).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200211-144949-min_2 (1).jpg
    Screenshot_20200211-144949-min_2 (1).jpg
    352.1 KB · Views: 2
So, we’re guessing the following?

B1501 - E-ticket
B1510 - Restaurant
B1520 - Shop
B1556 - ???
B1530 - Show/Walk-through
B1540 - ??? (another shop/food&bev location?)

Is there the possibility for town building facades that aren't indicated on there, or would they be shown as such on those plans? If not, seems like a REALLY small village. I was kind of expecting something on the scale of the Hogsmeade's main drag, but this appears much smaller than that.
I've made some changes based on other speculation:

B1501 - E-ticket
B1505 - Courtyard/leisure
B1510 - Restaurant
B1520 - Shop
B1556 - ???
B1530 - Possible large show (amphitheatre)
B1540 - Frankenstein meet and greet, possible "walkthrough" (windmill?)

Note that B1505 looks to have town facade on the backside/outside (near B1520), based on what I'm seeing from the concept art. There's also an open section which seems to also fall inside of B1505 which could include town facade, carts, etc.

Additionally, I imagine the entrance area to the land would have facade just after you enter.

I marked B1556 as ???? even though that's the section I feel could be a dark forest entrance.

Edit
I flipped B1530 and B1540 on accident. Fixed now.

Last edited:
Reactions: belloq87
AE968FD9-F203-4598-B28B-A82086E6F0DE.jpeg
*plays connect the dots*

Two things: We see an audio booth for the courtyard. Second, when you enclose the lower space (with the audio booth), B1556 runs directly alongside the guests path. That means it’s likely a store of some kind (or restrooms), and the empty space behind it TM area. Combine that with the audio booth, all of that is likely woods and employee area.

View attachment 11657
*plays connect the dots*

Two things: We see an audio booth for the courtyard. Second, when you enclose the lower space (with the audio booth), B1556 runs directly alongside the guests path. That means it’s likely a store of some kind (or restrooms), and the empty space behind it TM area. Combine that with the audio booth, all of that is likely woods and employee area.
Yep, agreed... that's the more likely (and less fun) scenario.

That "expansion plot" is just screaming to be developed.....it would really balance off this land.
Especially since it seems we're only getting 1 ride here, would totally make sense to add more. This land is gonna have a major emphasis on the LAND itself (as are all these) but I think there's so much more you can within this village than some other lands can that add to your experience more. Then add a 2nd ride and you have a major, major land. I really am hoping this is going to have as many things to do and look at as Diagon, and Diagon only has 1 ride, as will this.

Reactions: mainejeff
Status
Not open for further replies.