Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just glad the Universal Monsters land wasn't cut... as had happened every other time they've attempted it.
Yep! Im beyond thrilled this is happening. Has LOADS of theme park potential. We're really living in the golden age of theme parks I feel and this land/park add to that imo. Could be cause I'm a Universal junkie but still, lol.

Especially since it seems we're only getting 1 ride here, would totally make sense to add more. This land is gonna have a major emphasis on the LAND itself (as are all these) but I think there's so much more you can within this village than some other lands can that add to your experience more. Then add a 2nd ride and you have a major, major land. I really am hoping this is going to have as many things to do and look at as Diagon, and Diagon only has 1 ride, as will this.
This land screams 'Live Street Shows' and "Streetmosphere Actors'. If that happens, there will be plenty to do.

This land screams 'Live Street Shows' and "Streetmosphere Actors'. If that happens, there will be plenty to do.
Ive likely said this before but honestly from just the little we know now it really feels like this is a multi day park. SNW seems very easy to spend an entire day in. The past 2 wizarding worlds have offered that kind of experience, I don't expect that to change for Fantastic Beasts for whatever that entails. So thats at least 1 full day or 2 days.

HTTYD seems like a perfect place to go first thing. Id think a lot of families will head right to Nintendo, and people going to the right side of the park will go to Fantastic Beasts. HTTYD feels perfect for a morning to mid/late afternoon park. Easy rides to get yourself going, likely not crazy wait times, hopefully an hour long show or so.

Then, at nighttime head over to Frankenstein's Village. Again I'm expecting like you MadDog for there to be loads of streetmoshpere around. Add in a major ride, a quality dining experience, and a show, again, easy to spend an entire afternoon and evening there.

I know I'm a massive Universal fan and theme park fan so ill try to do EVERYTHING these places offer, but even just looking at ride count, equating in wait times, shows, interactive elements, The Hub, dining, this feels like a mutliday park where I currently feel objectively you can't say that about Islands of Adventure or USF. IOA is the closest thing they have right now to a multi day park experience. But if it rains, so many things there get shut down.

Epic Universe is going to have lots and lots of diversity in their lineup right at opening which should only be there benefit. Hopefully some more of those week long vacations they're hoping for indeed do happen. Sure seems like they're building the right park for it.

Well in fairness it has one ride and probably one major show, along with the walkthrough/meet and greet. That's more than what people were talking about prior to these site plans. Before, most people were suggesting the amphitheatre was unrelated to CM, so that would be a major addition.

That being said, it's still lighter on ride count than what should be expected from these kinds of lands. Hoping they move quickly on expanding after 2023.

Last edited:
Only if it has a Rick Moranis AA in it
Could be a cool street show with a couple of the better songs from the Musical version with Moranis.....Funny timing. I was going through some of my dvd inventory yesterday and came across a new copy of Moranis' LSOH, and set it aside so I'd remember to watch it again.

I'm just glad the Universal Monsters land wasn't cut... as had happened every other time they've attempted it.
I Alwsys wonder what wasn't good enough all those times that is good enough now? Like it seems kinda like they lack confidence in the property, being it still would be the first to go today:shrug:

Not wanting to derail the construction thread. I know I like to go off topic but I like the idea of that thread being a concise telling of EU being built and it’s something that I wish we had for every park in Orlando.

Anyway, it’s very interesting to see that 3 hotels are coming to the new resort.

I have a suspicion that the main hotel will find a way to incorporate the same benefits of the higher tier hotels with free Express Pass. I know that they were limiting the current resort to only 3 hotels having that benefit but a whole new park should help distribute the crowds with Express Pass.

As @Alicia pointed out. One of the hotels looks like it has a direct path into the park, specifically into Nintendo.

We’ve been dreaming of a HP hotel ever since the Wizarding World opened but I don’t think it was every physically going to be possible.

A Nintendo themed moderate hotel sounds like more of a possibility.

On the Rick Moranis front.

If they decided to make Spaceballs 2 and had a renewed interest in the franchise.

Could they make a theme park land out of it?
I would die if universal countered Disney’s Star Wars land with a space balls land or even just a show or something.
The new bill and Ted :) hahahahaha

Not wanting to derail the construction thread. I know I like to go off topic but I like the idea of that thread being a concise telling of EU being built and it’s something that I wish we had for every park in Orlando.

Anyway, it’s very interesting to see that 3 hotels are coming to the new resort.

I have a suspicion that the main hotel will find a way to incorporate the same benefits of the higher tier hotels with free Express Pass. I know that they were limiting the current resort to only 3 hotels having that benefit but a whole new park should help distribute the crowds with Express Pass.

As @Alicia pointed out. One of the hotels looks like it has a direct path into the park, specifically into Nintendo.

We’ve been dreaming of a HP hotel ever since the Wizarding World opened but I don’t think it was every physically going to be possible.

A Nintendo themed moderate hotel sounds like more of a possibility.
I think thr pathway from that southern hotel leads to the main park entrance, not Nintendo... But I have heard rumors for a Nintendo themed hotel concept being tossed around, so this one has been my guess with its proximity and that wonderful added behefit.

And I agree, I think the in-park hotel is a prime canidate for Express access. By adding more park, I could see them adding more free Express. Plus, it has the least amount of rooms and will already cost the most anyway, so why not?

I think thr pathway from that southern hotel leads to the main park entrance, not Nintendo... But I have heard rumors for a Nintendo themed hotel concept being tossed around, so this one has been my guess with its proximity and that wonderful added behefit.

And I agree, I think the in-park hotel is a prime canidate for Express access. By adding more park, I could see them adding more free Express. Plus, it has the least amount of rooms and will already cost the most anyway, so why not?

The one with the path is measuring about 26 acres. Sapphire Falls is 20 acres in comparison. The other plot is about 15 acres. They could do something spectacular.

The real question is if it will be the most expensive hotel at Universal. I can't remember if a Fireworks show is coming but with all the benefits of the top tier hotels, being in the new park and potential firework show, it can justify a high price.

The better question is, "Would it be better than Galaxy's Edge?"

Imagine the outrage. They could do a half assed job and still have it fit the theme.

On the Rick Moranis front.

If they decided to make Spaceballs 2 and had a renewed interest in the franchise.

Could they make a theme park land out of it?
Mel Brooks lost his touch after Spaceballs. Everything was great up until then....but not after....plus he's too damn old to write or direct anymore. :lol:

The one with the path is measuring about 26 acres. Sapphire Falls is 20 acres in comparison. The other plot is about 15 acres. They could do something spectacular.

The real question is if it will be the most expensive hotel at Universal. I can't remember if a Fireworks show is coming but with all the benefits of the top tier hotels, being in the new park and potential firework show, it can justify a high price.

Imagine the outrage. They could do a half assed job and still have it fit the theme.
Correct on the parcel sizes! 26.402 and 15.132 acres according to the parcel re-zoning permits.

What if one hotel had multiple sections, each a different IP? Like a Nintendo section, a DreamWorks section, and a Potter section.

Status
Not open for further replies.