Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely a two, or maybe even three, day park when it opens. Top heavy on D/E tickets....plus they'll probably have longish lines. After it's open a couple of years it may be more of a 1 1/2 to 2 day park.

I'll be surprised if one of the hotels of the three isn't a value. Uni seems very keen on cornering that market and really drowning out the other value priced hotels in their sphere of influence
This was my line of thinking, be the “cheaper”
Alternative to Disney. Will get more people on this property than the other. Working well with Surfside so far it seems.

I'm running to Fantastic Beasts, and then Monsters. Nintendo will be old news by then lol. I wanna see something fresh on opening day!

I think that is the way to go in subsequent visits. I don't see myself skipping past SNW the first time though.

I'll be surprised if one of the hotels of the three isn't a value. Uni seems very keen on cornering that market and really drowning out the other value priced hotels in their sphere of influence
Yes. My thinking also. Universal seems to want to scoop that demographic up.Not only to eliminate International Drive competition, BUT, probably a great idea since WDW is becoming top heavy with hotel costs. Most of their Value rooms are getting expensive and their Moderates now cost as much as Universal's Deluxe Resorts. A Universal vacation package can be much more reasonable than a WDW one.

Funny enough a good friend of mine who's been to the Wizarding World once, except Diagon, but goes every year with family to Disney, were chatting last night about this park and he didn't know much about it. I basically ran through what I know from here. His main reaction was "HTTYD and Fantastic Beasts seem really random". Which I feel most people will think, frankly, and sadly lol. But I went into detail how it at least seems as if the lands are going to be Potter quality, I showed him some HTTYD images from the films, went thru what we know of rides for all the lands, and he was like "Oh damn I am SOLD" after we went through it all. Only 1 person to poll from, but from a Disney guests, he's said he's definitely going to visit along with his family. Its just simply impressive at least on paper what it sounds like Universal is trying to accomplish here.

Think Pandora. Many people were like....what??? How did that turn out?

Think Pandora. Many people were like....what??? How did that turn out?
Exactly! I think Berk is going to be something to behold honestly. Hopefully not getting my expectations too high but Universal's scenery work is just stellar lately. I mean look at what they did with Skull Island and what they're doing with Nintendo, its incredible. Heck, even the facade for SLOP in Hollywood is really well done. So ya, I'm hyped. I think once people "see" it this park will be fine.

Exactly! I think Berk is going to be something to behold honestly. Hopefully not getting my expectations too high but Universal's scenery work is just stellar lately. I mean look at what they did with Skull Island and what they're doing with Nintendo, its incredible. Heck, even the facade for SLOP in Hollywood is really well done. So ya, I'm hyped. I think once people "see" it this park will be fine.
4 Immersive separated lands and 1 immersive 'Celestial' themed Hub land. Heaven for theme park super fans.

Yes. My thinking also. Universal seems to want to scoop that demographic up.Not only to eliminate International Drive competition, BUT, probably a great idea since WDW is becoming top heavy with hotel costs. Most of their Value rooms are getting expensive and their Moderates now cost as much as Universal's Deluxe Resorts. A Universal vacation package can be much more reasonable than a WDW one.
My guess:
In-Park Hotel = Deluxe (obviously)
Hotel with direct path to entrance = Preferred
Hotel on other side of road with no direct entrance = Value

Ive been feeling like this is the perfect park for me since we've been hearing about it. Heaving truly is a place on earth!

Same. I'm middle age in terms of real life....but maybe early late life in terms of theme park participation. I can't do spinning rides and I don't like the feeling of blacking out on coasters (although there are worse ways to go :peace:). This park seems perfect for my still thrill seeking and awe inspired brain....but a good middle ground for my middle aged body.:grin:

Same. I'm middle age in terms of real life....but maybe early late life in terms of theme park participation. I can't do spinning rides and I don't like the feeling of blacking out on coasters (although there are worse ways to go :peace:). This park seems perfect for my still thrill seeking and awe inspired brain....but a good middle ground for my middle aged body.:grin:
Well said for most of us older folk.

I love coasters but I wouldn't call myself a coaster enthusiast. Now, do I get 10+ rides on Mummy per trip? Of course. But I also need my dark rides, so ET and Spidey really help with that. Brings certain levels of relaxation and less natural anxiety than a coaster does. This park does seem perfect for the mix of that (although lets wait and hear on the FB rides). Mario Kart and Yoshi won't be too thrilling. DK doesn't seem "intense", and we'll see how the dual coaster plays. But ya, a super balanced theme park that I would argue is as balanced as IOA. At least from what we know.

The more I think about a constellation themed Hub....the more impressed I am with Universal for choosing this timeless theme that ties the Universe (no pun intended) together. I really hope that this becomes reality and nothing is changed.

I'm happy about this too, and I am glad they are not making the hub IP themed and that they aren't making a land that isn't IP themed, because like the Lost Continent I would just think of it as temporary land that would eventually be replaced by a hot IP. I feel like making the large HUB a non-IP themed it gives them a chance to be creative and give the park it's own identity without having to worry about it being replaced by something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.