Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

RFRees

Dec 24, 2015
Soooo, Sonic ride when?
I saw the movie on Friday, it was actually surprisingly not bad. There were some moments I could have done without, but at times I was laughing out loud. Definitely glad they changed the animation.

Box office so far is doing well. I think it's trending toward beating Detective Pikachu for opening weekend for domestic. It has a chance to be one of the most successful video game movies ever (and a chance to take #1). This means it could get a sequel, which they've already eluded to being open to. This definitely opens up theme park possibilities.

That being said, I wouldn't want an entire land based around Sonic. A ride would be fine, if it's focused on actually going fast (eg Hagrid type ride) instead of just screens to simulate.

Mike S

Veteran Member
Dec 10, 2015
Florida
I saw the movie on Friday, it was actually surprisingly not bad. There were some moments I could have done without, but at times I was laughing out loud. Definitely glad they changed the animation.

Box office so far is doing well. I think it's trending toward beating Detective Pikachu for opening weekend for domestic. It has a chance to be one of the most successful video game movies ever (and a chance to take #1). This means it could get a sequel, which they've already eluded to being open to. This definitely opens up theme park possibilities.

That being said, I wouldn't want an entire land based around Sonic. A ride would be fine, if it's focused on actually going fast (eg Hagrid type ride) instead of just screens to simulate.
I wonder if Nintendo would offer up part of their EU expansion pad for a Sonic coaster. The two companies are pretty friendly after all and if Sonic goes anywhere in a crazy sense he fits the most next to Mario.

Joe

aka TestTrack321
Staff member
Feb 15, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
Soooo, Sonic ride when?
I wonder if Nintendo would offer up part of their EU expansion pad for a Sonic coaster. The two companies are pretty friendly after all and if Sonic goes anywhere in a crazy sense he fits the most next to Mario.
I think there's a negative chance Sonic comes to anything Universal with a Nintendo partnership and doubly negative that they'd place it anywhere close to SNW. Brand confusion is a real thing. It's more likely another park chain gets Sega right than Universal.

Mike S

Veteran Member
Dec 10, 2015
Florida
I think there's a negative chance Sonic comes to anything Universal with a Nintendo partnership and doubly negative that they'd place it anywhere close to SNW. Brand confusion is a real thing. It's more likely another park chain gets Sega right than Universal.
Yeah I was really just spitballing. Sonic is in Smash though :lol: