Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soooo, Sonic ride when?
I saw the movie on Friday, it was actually surprisingly not bad. There were some moments I could have done without, but at times I was laughing out loud. Definitely glad they changed the animation.

Box office so far is doing well. I think it's trending toward beating Detective Pikachu for opening weekend for domestic. It has a chance to be one of the most successful video game movies ever (and a chance to take #1). This means it could get a sequel, which they've already eluded to being open to. This definitely opens up theme park possibilities.

That being said, I wouldn't want an entire land based around Sonic. A ride would be fine, if it's focused on actually going fast (eg Hagrid type ride) instead of just screens to simulate.

I saw the movie on Friday, it was actually surprisingly not bad. There were some moments I could have done without, but at times I was laughing out loud. Definitely glad they changed the animation.

Box office so far is doing well. I think it's trending toward beating Detective Pikachu for opening weekend for domestic. It has a chance to be one of the most successful video game movies ever (and a chance to take #1). This means it could get a sequel, which they've already eluded to being open to. This definitely opens up theme park possibilities.

That being said, I wouldn't want an entire land based around Sonic. A ride would be fine, if it's focused on actually going fast (eg Hagrid type ride) instead of just screens to simulate.
I wonder if Nintendo would offer up part of their EU expansion pad for a Sonic coaster. The two companies are pretty friendly after all and if Sonic goes anywhere in a crazy sense he fits the most next to Mario.

Soooo, Sonic ride when?
I wonder if Nintendo would offer up part of their EU expansion pad for a Sonic coaster. The two companies are pretty friendly after all and if Sonic goes anywhere in a crazy sense he fits the most next to Mario.

I think there's a negative chance Sonic comes to anything Universal with a Nintendo partnership and doubly negative that they'd place it anywhere close to SNW. Brand confusion is a real thing. It's more likely another park chain gets Sega right than Universal.

I think there's a negative chance Sonic comes to anything Universal with a Nintendo partnership and doubly negative that they'd place it anywhere close to SNW. Brand confusion is a real thing. It's more likely another park chain gets Sega right than Universal.
Yeah I was really just spitballing. Sonic is in Smash though :lol:

Wait, so is it going to be a 3-D ride? Because it'd be really cool if it were a completely practical attraction like Dinosaur.
I don’t know about the current version, but the initial, non-Spider-Man version was to have some AA dinos inside.

I feel like screens are inevitable here though. Question is if it’s all screens like Transformers or not.

Isn't that just a smaller scale version of the tech used for Jaws?

I'm gonna' say no? This tech looks to have the boat's tilting/bobbing done via tight turns and wave machines, while Jaws (correct me if I'm wrong) was more mechanically controlled from the boat itself when it rocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.