Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 142 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Might technically just be one? Peach’s Castle. They refer to the other one as Bowser’s Fortress. Frankenstein’s is more like an old manor with a tower, but I guess you can call it a castle. HTTYD has a cliffface and Fantastic Beasts has Parisian streets.

Magic Kingdom has three castles now, (if you count Beast’s Castle).

I believe the actual icon for the park will be the astronomical sphere over the entrance portal. The hotel in the back will function as a weenie for the hub.

can you define weenie?!

can you define weenie?!
The “weenie” is an architectural concept named such by Disney Imagineering in describing “visual magnets” that draw guests from one area to another (Sklar, 2013). ... Through these “magnets”, Disney is able to draw guests to the far reaches of its parks and create avenues of predictable foot traffic. -Source

Also, video on the history of the term:

That is interesting about Frankenstien. In Mary Shelly's book. Dr. Frankenstien's Monster was created in the attic of his landlord's manor house and not in a castle like it's portrayed in the classic Universal movies.
For Cinematic purposes, having a castle would have been more visually eye-catching than a manor house. Universal just enhanced items from the book for more popular appeal on the big screen.

Reactions: Disneyhead
From an immersion standpoint, the Manor house sounds ideal to me. It sounds like we're walking up the path leading right into the front entrance of the manor, which would be much harder to replicate if it were a full fledged castle, and not all guests are going to be able to walk up severe inclines. Now, you can have a slight incline walking into the manor with some forced perspective to make it all seem larger.

This "land", is definitely my most anticipated honestly. The more and more we hear just makes it sound perfect honestly.

For Cinematic purposes, having a castle would have been more visually eye-catching than a manor house. Universal just enhanced items from the book for more popular appeal on the big screen.

They did a heck of a lot more than that. The book and movie don't really have much in common besides the premise.

Reactions: belloq87

It's going to be interesting to see what route they take for Monsters.

Do they stick to the movies, books or have a modern take?

Since Alicia said she’s heard of a fantastic beasts show happening on the dis nerd podcast, i wanna post here some magic done in the cursed child show. i hope it’s the same approach!

More things she mentioned as rumors plus from her powerup band video i reccomend:
-no maj paris will have a shop and a quick service restaurant
-Doesn’t look like httyd got the flying theater after all’s. It will instead be a sit down resturaunt, similar to how it was where the berkians ate in the film.
-there seems to have been patents for the specific wand ride we’ve been theorizing about. but the way she worded it, i could be wrong, it seems it might not be the ministry’s ride.
-the rumored final boss battle for SNW is Bowser Jr (watch the power up band video though she shares so much interesting stuff)
watch the podcast too! deffo forgot some stuff

Last edited:
i honestly always hoped the coaster would be the dragon riding ride. Glad it seems to be
I just don’t see how it works. Unless it’s an RMC Raptor (which we are almost certain it is not), it won’t feel like riding the dragons in the film. And as much as I’m not a huge fan of Flight of Passage, something like that (only not boring) is the only way to really represent dragon riding

I just don’t see how it works. Unless it’s an RMC Raptor (which we are almost certain it is not), it won’t feel like riding the dragons in the film. And as much as I’m not a huge fan of Flight of Passage, something like that (only not boring) is the only way to really represent dragon riding

What about that ride vehicle on a track?

I would have to imagine that a HTTYD coaster would be a lot like Hagrid's, but with two motorcycle style seats than a bike and sidecar.

I would have to imagine that a HTTYD coaster would be a lot like Hagrid's, but with two motorcycle style seats than a bike and sidecar.
I think this is my big issue. Riding right next to someone kind of defeats the illusion. Now, if it was a wingrider with one rider on each side of the track...maybe we’d be talking haha

Reactions: WillQ92
Status
Not open for further replies.