Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 143 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is my big issue. Riding right next to someone kind of defeats the illusion. Now, if it was a wingrider with one rider on each side of the track...maybe we’d be talking haha
Understandable. A wingrider for this concept would be rad for sure.

the way hagrid lets someone sit on the motorbike with the restraints holding you up seems possible... here’s a patent i wonder if they’d use for the coaster vehicles CFA4CD1F-F8F4-4D7A-8F7C-93E83D45E90C.jpeg

Also, are we thinking with the new FB wand ride permits that the floo idea isn’t gonna be used? Maybe our british ministry fear factor hopes live on

Also considering this ride has been rumored to be like a kid friendlier hagrids (with at least one indoor portion it slows down for, so possibly a scene) i’m nothing short of hyped for it

the way hagrid lets someone sit on the motorbike with the restraints holding you up seems possible... here’s a patent i wonder if they’d use for the coaster vehicles View attachment 11763
I mean yea, that’s just a normal motorbike coaster. It’s what TRON is.

that being said I *really* hope they don’t have a coaster like that, because they’re rarely very good. I’d prefer Hagrid-like seating over that

My only problem I have is that after Hagrid, Tron, and now the possible How to Ride Your Dragon coaster, we'll have an overabundance of that style coaster in Orlando. I know it's super nit-picky, but I'd rather have a Mack extreme spinner or something different to the area.

My only problem I have is that after Hagrid, Tron, and now the possible How to Ride Your Dragon coaster, we'll have an overabundance of that style coaster in Orlando. I know it's super nit-picky, but I'd rather have a Mack extreme spinner or something different to the area.

please no spinners:puke:

also, this is a worry I have with the dueling coasters, which are allegedly another pair of launch coasters. That’s a *lot* of launch coasters the past 5 years in Orlando.

Luckily DK will be all new feeling

If HTTYD doesn’t have an attraction where you fly on dragons, it’s a failure.
Yup. Kind of really sad they chose a coaster over an actual flying experience if this is true. A coaster provides no illusion of flying and is really pointless for the land.

Since Alicia said she’s heard of a fantastic beasts show happening on the dis nerd podcast

Just listened to this podcast, as well.

My biggest takeaway? I’m excited by Alicia’s report that she’s heard Universal is conscious about wanting to make sure the Classic Monsters ride and Forbidden Journey feel like different experiences. That’s been my one slight concern for a land I’m otherwise extremely hyped for.

So, it definitely seems like each land is getting a show at this point, even if Super Smash Bros is just a rumor. The other 3 lands have one now it seems, so I’d be surprised if this didn’t come to fruition.

Really disappointed HTTYD didn’t go with a flight simulator, probably couldn’t make anything different enough from FoP to please guests so they scrapped it, at least that’s my guess. Puts a lot of pressure on the show and coaster to deliver, I’m sure Berk will still be beautiful though

edit: Also, while I assume it’s allowed, can someone post me a link to that podcast or PM me one? I can’t seem to find it anywhere

So, it definitely seems like each land is getting a show at this point, even if Super Smash Bros is just a rumor. The other 3 lands have one now it seems, so I’d be surprised if this didn’t come to fruition.

Really disappointed HTTYD didn’t go with a flight simulator, probably couldn’t make anything different enough from FoP to please guests so they scrapped it, at least that’s my guess. Puts a lot of pressure on the show and coaster to deliver, I’m sure Berk will still be beautiful though

edit: Also, while I assume it’s allowed, can someone post me a link to that podcast or PM me one? I can’t seem to find it anywhere
Alicia said in the podcast she doesn’t expect a SNW show.
and here’s the podcast! Average Dis Nerd: 33: Universal's Epic Universe with Special Guest Alicia Stella from Orlando Park Stop

Reactions: RFRees

I don't know if had to be THAT different from FoP. That ride has a consistent 180+ minute wait most of the time & has extremely high guest satisfaction. I would have definitely been excited if it were Universal's version of FoP.:cheers:

I don't know if had to be THAT different from FoP. That ride has a consistent 180+ minute wait most of the time & has extremely high guest satisfaction. I would have definitely been excited if it were Universal's version of FoP.:cheers:
I don’t disagree, but I think it would just draw easy comparisons amongst media outlets or casual vacationers, or people coming over for a day from Disney and could be seen as a “lazy” concept. I don’t think that way, but I could see it. Who knows really, they’ll make much more $$$ off of a highly themed terrific restaurant than the flying theatre anyways

Reactions: Grabnar
I’ll add that if there is no flying theater on HTTYD then every ride in that land will be outdoors. Seems really not smart in orlando.

The 'Great Hall' full service HTTYD restaurant would make sense. Remember that HTTYD was originally intended/rumored as a refurbishment to Lost Continent, and almost certainly they didn't throw all their concepts in the trash. Great Hall likely would have replaced Mythos.

The one thing I disagree with @Alicia on from that podcast is that she mentioned (around 20 minutes) that the original Classic Monsters were campy. I disagree, I found no campiness intended in the original Wolf Man (1941) and Dracula (1931). I'm still catching up on the others, but I'm assuming this campiness started arriving in years later (sequels, like Abbott and Costello Meet the Invisible Man in 1951), not in the first films.

I'm really hoping there's no campiness in the CM land at all. The land can be serious but still tame enough for families. If the land was essentially 'Tower of Terror' and less Haunted Mansion then I'll be very happy.
I disagree. Hagrid and Tron vehicles are completely different. So this (HTTYD) would be the only ride vehicle like this at UOR. Yes there's also Tron, but we're talking about two coasters out of 8+ dry theme parks in the Orlando area which have similar ride vehicles, and they're at different parks.

Plus, a HTTYD ride itself would feel completely different from Tron, both in theming and ride elements (like animatronics and/or screens). If they were both futuristic/neon motorbikes with the same ride elements then I'd agree, but they're not.

Last edited:
The one thing I disagree with @Alicia on from that podcast is that she mentioned (around 20 minutes) that the original Classic Monsters were campy. I disagree, I found no campiness intended in the original Wolf Man and Dracula. I'm still catching up on the others, but I'm assuming this campiness started arriving in years later (sequels), not in the first films.

I'm really hoping there's no campiness in the CM land at all. The land can be serious but still tame enough for families. If the land was essentially 'Tower of Terror' and less Haunted Mansion then I'll be very happy.

I disagree. Hagrid and Tron vehicles are completely different. So this (HTTYD) would be the only ride vehicle like this at UOR. Yes there's also Tron, but we're talking about two coasters out of 8+ dry theme parks in the Orlando area which have similar ride vehicles, and they're at different parks.

Plus, a HTTYD ride itself would feel completely different from Tron, both in theming and ride elements (like animatronics and/or screens). If they were both futuristic/neon motorbikes with the same ride elements then I'd agree, but they're not.
If I really said the word “campy” I didn’t mean campy. But they are obviously less “scary” than today’s horror.

Reactions: RFRees
The one thing I disagree with @Alicia on from that podcast is that she mentioned (around 20 minutes) that the original Classic Monsters were campy. I disagree, I found no campiness intended in the original Wolf Man (1941) and Dracula (1931). I'm still catching up on the others, but I'm assuming this campiness started arriving in years later (sequels, like Abbott and Costello Meet the Invisible Man in 1951), not in the first films.

I take it you haven't seen Bride of Frankenstein yet. That movie basically invented camp. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.