The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 139 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive me, but is Hill House even really that big of a property? It had a decent following for a few months in early 2019 but after that I haven't heard anything from it in a very long time. I don't know if it has quite the same fanbase that ST has, so if Uni wants to replace one big Netflix property with another Hill House is pretty absolutely a step down.

My personal wish is no Netflix this event at all, to be completely honest. Especially if we could only be seeing 4 IPs, those IPs better be damn good.

Forgive me, but is Hill House even really that big of a property? It had a decent following for a few months in early 2019 but after that I haven't heard anything from it in a very long time. I don't know if it has quite the same fanbase that ST has, so if Uni wants to replace one big Netflix property with another Hill House is pretty absolutely a step down.

My personal wish is no Netflix this event at all, to be completely honest. Especially if we could only be seeing 4 IPs, those IPs better be damn good.
I was just thinking this the other day! Everybody that I know that has seen it loved it and most people enjoy its a quality horror property. However I don’t know anybody that’s rewatched it or has been begging for more. It’s certainly not bigger then stranger things so I guess it’s kind of a conjuring situation and the question is if it’s still relevant enough to bring in huge crowds...

I guess it’s kind of a conjuring situation and the question is if it’s still relevant enough to bring in huge crowds...

When was the Conjuring Universe not relevant after 2013? Just saying it’s grossed nearly $2 Billion and is about to be 8 movies deep. I wouldn’t worry about it not being marketable

Hill House is a big IP would be a 2nd or 3rd tier headliner, much like Poltergeist or Us. Not gonna headline, but would still be marketable

Is anyone still working on legacy's clues? Really curious to see if anyone uncovered anything.

Five have been confirmed (to be rumors, to be clear), another one was possibly correct. Of the clues that have been solved, he’s pointed to one specifically that he’s confident is a red herring.

And ruined a perfect ending for the series. But hey! There’s still money to be made, so let’s beat this premise to death!

Well, they could be Supernatural, or god forbid, Simpsons...

In other words, treasure any show that knows when to end.

Seriously though, at some point it won’t be the ‘80s anymore.

Reactions: Kadath
When was the Conjuring Universe not relevant after 2013? Just saying it’s grossed nearly $2 Billion and is about to be 8 movies deep. I wouldn’t worry about it not being marketable

Hill House is a big IP would be a 2nd or 3rd tier headliner, much like Poltergeist or Us. Not gonna headline, but would still be marketable
It makes since as 2nd or 3rd tier headliner I just meant I’m not sure it would work as the main headliner. And that’s how I feel about a conjuring house if it’s based solely on the first movie. It’s a great film and was a huge success but that was 7 years ago

Reactions: Kadath
It makes since as 2nd or 3rd tier headliner I just meant I’m not sure it would work as the main headliner. And that’s how I feel about a conjuring house if it’s based solely on the first movie. It’s a great film and was a huge success but that was 7 years ago

Well, what do they have left for a first tier? ST would be nowhere near the same status it’s had the last two years. IT would, but I’m not counting on it. Would they (Uni) be happy with the “first tier” being a show?

Well, what do they have left for a first tier? ST would be nowhere near the same status it’s had the last two years. IT would, but I’m not counting on it. Would they (Uni) be happy with the “first tier” being a show?
I honestly have no clue what would be left for a first tier lol. IT would make the most sense but I really don’t see it happening

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95

From my understanding the speculated house would be the main series trilogy to coincide with 3’s release around HHN. The planned house at 27 covered 1+2

Imho, IF they were to get a Conjuring house, it seems likely it would be based on more than the first movie, and that name alone is big enough to headline in the “top tier”. Conjuring as a house seems much more like a “top-tier” headliner than a show based on a horror-adjacent artist, even considering her popularity.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
Status
Not open for further replies.