The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 137 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not making the point that IP’s could be in an anniversary house, I’m simply curious; I seem to recall reading on a thread for either last year’s event or 28 that Ghostface appeared in a scene in some sort of a mashup house.. Silver Screams, perhaps. Is that true or am I remembering wrong?

Ghostface appeared in All Nite Die In 2 along with Hellraiser, Silence of the Lambs, and The Ring in 2006.

Ghostface appeared in All Nite Die In 2 along with Hellraiser, Silence of the Lambs, and The Ring in 2006.

Actually just did some research of my own and found the answer right as I saw your response :grin:

I suppose it’s already been nearly a decade and a half since then, but I still find it crazy that even as late as 2006, Universal was able to pull off a mashup of such distinct IP’s like that (at least in terms of licensing/legality).

Actually just did some research of my own and found the answer right as I saw your response :grin:

I suppose it’s already been nearly a decade and a half since then, but I still find it crazy that even as late as 2006, Universal was able to pull off a mashup of such distinct IP’s like that (at least in terms of licensing/legality).
Well, Universal didn't exactly obtain the licenses to use those properties officially. They couldn't get away with doing anything like that these days.

Not making the point that IP’s could be in an anniversary house, I’m simply curious; I seem to recall reading on a thread for either last year’s event or 28 that Ghostface appeared in a scene in some sort of a mashup house.. Silver Screams, perhaps. Is that true or am I remembering wrong?

They didn’t obtain the licenses to use the IPs in the Die-In films. Officially, and legally, the scenes were “originals.” The character names in the write-ups were things like “Hockey-Mask Killer,” “Nightmare Man,” and “Ghost With Knife.”

It’s also why in Silver Screams, the “Army of Darkness” scene was called “MediEvil Dead.”

No.

John Wilkes and John Wilkes Booth are two different people.

Yes, but John Wilkes Booth is a distant relative of John Wilkes, so I thought maybe "extended" worked there as well. I've studied this John Wilkes guy ad nauseum. And, other than the guesses I've already made, I'm pretty much at a loss with this one. The only other possibility I found is that Wilkes was part of the Jacobite Rebellion of 1745 and Jacobite is the name of the train out of Hogwarts at Universal Orlando. But that's a pretty big stretch I think.

It seems worth mentioning it’s been revealed already that episode 1 of season 4 of stranger things is titled “the hellfire club”

This would be quite a coincidence for the Dinah Hayley clue. I like that as the answer:

1) Dinah Hayley's extended family is John Wilkes
2) John Wilkes was a member of the Hell-Fire Club
3) First episode of Stranger Things s4 is titled "The Hell-Fire Club"

Stranger Things as Marketing

Reactions: Kadath
This would be quite a coincidence for the Dinah Hayley clue. I like that as the answer:

3) First episode of Stranger Things s4 is the Hell-Fire Club

Legacy already liked a post asking if Jack was the answer.

You're correct that it's quite a coincidence.

Reactions: Grabnar and Kadath
Legacy already liked a post asking if Jack was the answer.

And, there is still at least one clue that we for sure know we have the answer to already. It could be more than one, but it's at least one. I thought it would be the Beetlejuice scarezone answer, but he hasn't confirmed so it's all still up in the air.

3) First episode of Stranger Things s4 is titled "The Hell-Fire Club"

I’d be really surprised if they made Stranger things the focal point of their marketing for a third year in a row. Especially on an anniversary year.

I know when the Cafe La Bamba clue was figured out some people were commenting on the size (which was later debunked) but even if it’s hard layout wise to put something in there has anyone thought about possibly some sort of VR experience? They don’t need a ton of room. I don’t know how the Repository went over a few years ago... but also if it had a reservation system it would remove the need for a large queuing area as well.

I know when the Cafe La Bamba clue was figured out some people were commenting on the size (which was later debunked) but even if it’s hard layout wise to put something in there has anyone thought about possibly some sort of VR experience? They don’t need a ton of room. I don’t know how the Repository went over a few years ago... but also if it had a reservation system it would remove the need for a large queuing area as well.
Or a escape room

Or a escape room
I would only see that as an upcharge and don't know if they would have the capacity for that. So another house would be more likely. And just a very wild guess from my side but if you look at the houses that were in the Jaws Queue 2 are sticking out that could be really interesting.
1)The orphanage aka Cindys house
2)Saws n steam
Both 2 interesting houses which could really work inside La Bamba if they decide to stick to "reimagined haunts from the past"
But I actually don't know how good they were recieved. I just know that even if they scrap something for one year they are not going to throw away the whole idea for ever

Tbh since Cafe La Bamba is so small and Legacy said “it would be a an old school house” and it’s the anniversary year, it would be really fitting if they brought back one of the very first HHN houses being either Dungeon of Terror or People Under The Stairs.

The Repository wasn’t that successful in 26 and hasn’t been brought back since. I think if they were to do something similar it’d be something small like the Stranger Things Interactive thing from 28?(maybe 29?).

Café La Bamba looks to be a similar size to the Jaws Queue so I wouldn’t be shocked if they brought something back from there.

The Repository wasn’t that successful in 26 and hasn’t been brought back since. I think if they were to do something similar it’d be something small like the Stranger Things Interactive thing from 28?(maybe 29?).

Café La Bamba looks to be a similar size to the Jaws Queue so I wouldn’t be shocked if they brought something back from there.
If that was the case that would leave
Dungeon of terror 1-3
Reflections of fear
Friday the 13th
Saw
The orfanage
Saws n steam
And honestly as a person that never experienced any of these houses I would be thrilled with any of them!

If that was the case that would leave
Dungeon of terror 1-3
Reflections of fear
Friday the 13th
Saw
The orfanage
Saws n steam
And honestly as a person that never experienced any of these houses I would be thrilled with any of them!

I also never experienced any of these houses, but the only one I’d be excited for is Saws N Steam.

I also never experienced any of these houses, but the only one I’d be excited for is Saws N Steam.

I mean, I know the house itself wasn't special but I would still cry of happiness at RoF (to paraphrase Dana Carvey, not gonna happen). But yeah aside from that and SnS...

Status
Not open for further replies.