The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 136 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I've been reading for a while, but just now thought I'd comment. I know sometimes movies get talked about more when it's an anniversary year for them, so I thought I'd mention some of the great anniversaries coming this year:
10 Years: Shutter Island, Deathly Hallows 1
20 Years: Scream 3, Pitch Black, American Psycho, Final Destination
25 Years: In the Mouth of Madness
30 Years: Exorcist 3, Misery
40 Years: Friday the 13th, The Fog
60 Years: Psycho

This is a good thought process. Anniversary years typically equal increased interest in licensing out the property.

This is a good thought process. Anniversary years typically equal increased interest in licensing out the property.
Thank you! I've seen a few of these thrown around on previous pages. I don't imagine In the Mouth of Madness would draw too much interest, but I would personally love to see that house. We've seen Friday the 13th, Psycho, and Exorcist in the past. Who knows?

Psycho HAS been a popular house. They went to that well a lot in their early days, with the last appearance in 2006. I'd like to see it back for the 60th. It's been almost 15 years. It's time.

If they decide to do another anniversary house (which again, I'd rather not see), Psycho is something that didn't appear in M&M. The Thing too.

So, can they at least do something SOMEWHAT new with Mr. Schmidt (see my idea #selfpromotion)?

Reactions: TheMadMaddHatter
If they decide to do another anniversary house (which again, I'd rather not see), Psycho is something that didn't appear in M&M. The Thing too.

So, can they at least do something SOMEWHAT new with Mr. Schmidt (see my idea #selfpromotion)?
I missed it, why don't you want an anniversary house? I just started going two years ago and have been looking forward to ANYTHING icon related.

I missed it, why don't you want an anniversary house? I just started going two years ago and have been looking forward to ANYTHING icon related.

Totally understand where you're coming from. For me it's just a desire for the event to not be "cookie cutter" (in this case, a basic copy-paste of 25), plus if we're going for nostalgia I would much rather have multiple well-fleshed out (heheh) sequels to beloved originals than jam a whole bunch of them into one house, in its original context. For example, I would much rather see a Scarecrow sequel that does something different than either a repeat or a scene in an anni house.

The only exception I could make--and even then, not at the top of my wish list--is if it focused only on the icons.

Last edited:
Totally understand where you're coming from. For me it's just a desire for the event to not be "cookie cutter" (in this case, a basic copy-paste of 25), plus if we're going for nostalgia I would much rather have multiple well-fleshed out (heheh) sequels to beloved originals than jam a whole bunch of them into one house, in its original context. For example, I would much rather see a Scarecrow sequel that does something different than either a repeat or a scene in an anni house.

The only exception I could make--and even then, not at the top of my wish list--is if it focused only on the icons.
That's really interesting. I never thought about how I would feel over a "reboot" house. Therefore I would have to agree with you and say i'd much rather have the stories move forward than stay idle. If HHN decides to pick up the Terra Queen story line they at the very least decided to continue her story (you know, returning after 15 years).

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Honestly if the terra queen don't show up, im gonna riot xD

I love the event but I need some of that icon action. If it happens I feel like it could be the end of all icons. They need to faze them out some how and the big 30 is the best way to do it.

Of course they didn’t. Monsters & Mayhem was about originals; not IPs.

I know, but these are still in-house "classic" properties that wouldn't really feel forced in an anniversary house. Just thinking of stuff that could be in an anniversary house this year that wouldn't just be a rehash of M&M.

Jumping off-topic a bit, but for those interested...

It appears AP rates for hotels during HHN are now live online.
Sorry for the stupid question, but how do I access these rates? I have the AP but I feel like I'm not taking advantage of all of my benefits.

Of course they didn’t. Monsters & Mayhem was about originals; not IPs.

Not making the point that IP’s could be in an anniversary house, I’m simply curious; I seem to recall reading on a thread for either last year’s event or 28 that Ghostface appeared in a scene in some sort of a mashup house.. Silver Screams, perhaps. Is that true or am I remembering wrong?

Sorry for the stupid question, but how do I access these rates? I have the AP but I feel like I'm not taking advantage of all of my benefits.
If you go to the Universal Orlando website, click on the Annual Passholders tab. From there, look for the "current benefits" section, which will have a subsection showing hotel deals. The website currently advertises hotel deals for the spring, but if you change the dates to later in the year, you'll be able to see available rates for Fall.

I plugged in a 7 night trip in mid-September, and found some of these deals:

Cabana Bay: Volcano Bay View Room $120/night
Cabana Bay: Exterior Family Suite $130/night
Dockside: Family Suite $104/night

Status
Not open for further replies.