Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
None of the houses in TFT were very well received (including what's considered to be the WOAT), but if we absolutely have to have a house increase, I'd be happy to see an unconventional location.
People who claim Fear Factor was the worst of all time never went through Diso or Cold Blind Terror. Fear Factor had just enough weirdness (stuffed fish) and effects (inflatable wall and drop bridge) to give it some positives.

Slight format change. In anticipation of A LOT of clues this year, I'm changing how the solved clues are presented. I'm shrinking their scope to only include correct (or partially correct) answers. This will keep the document from being too incredibly long. The new one is below.

View attachment 11667

I don’t get a mention for bringing up “The Day the Music Died”?

Back to the Dinah Hayley (Lady Dinah) clue. If it isn't the Bill & Ted rumor I guessed a while back, I'll take another stab at it...

* "Extended", as many people mentioned, leads to "extended family", which would lead to Uncle John Wilkes.
* John Wilkes immediate brings to mind John Wilkes Booth, who assassinated Abraham Lincoln.
* Abraham Lincoln was featured in the movie Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter.
* The clue is for "M", which we don't know yet if it means "marketing", "merchandising", or something else.
* I am going to guess that HHN30 will be marketing "Vampires" in some fashion - perhaps a return of a Vamp SZ or a mashup Vamp house or a Drac house or something of that nature.

I don’t get a mention for bringing up “The Day the Music Died”?

No - because that would open a rabbit hole for other clues. For this one, it would also be who first mentioned the song American Pie. And the first person who actually mentioned "The Day the Music Died" was HHN22DidNothingWrong on page 109. But I'm just trying to limit it to answers (or partial answers) to the clue. The answer(s) to this clue were: Cafe La Bamba and 11th house located there. Otherwise, like with the first clue that ended up being The Conjuring, anyone who mentioned Francis Patrick Keough (which is almost everyone) would have to be on the list, which would make it pointless to even pare it down like I'm trying to do. I mean, I was right there on the Fairy Fountain clue and had the 2 main pieces (1888 and Glasgow), but since I didn't put the puzzle together, I didn't give myself the credit for the answer.

Last edited:
Back to the Dinah Hayley (Lady Dinah) clue. If it isn't the Bill & Ted rumor I guessed a while back, I'll take another stab at it...

* "Extended", as many people mentioned, leads to "extended family", which would lead to Uncle John Wilkes.
* John Wilkes immediate brings to mind John Wilkes Booth, who assassinated Abraham Lincoln.
* Abraham Lincoln was featured in the movie Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter.
* The clue is for "M", which we don't know yet if it means "marketing", "merchandising", or something else.
* I am going to guess that HHN30 will be marketing "Vampires" in some fashion - perhaps a return of a Vamp SZ or a mashup Vamp house or a Drac house or something of that nature.
Right extended, wrong read.

Right extended, wrong read.

Okay...

* Abraham Lincoln was featured in Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure.

So, even though I went about it in a totally different direction, I get to the same guess as before: Bill & Ted's marketing

Okay...

* Abraham Lincoln was featured in Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure.

So, even though I went about it in a totally different direction, I get to the same guess as before: Bill & Ted's marketing
You’re overthinking connections.

Feeling like I take two steps back for every step forward...

So it's either simply marketing Abraham Lincoln (which seems odd unless it's like an evil Abraham) or
It's literally Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter or
the clue is in the name where Abraham is long for "Bram" is in Bram Stoker which would point to marketing for either Bram Stoker or Dracula.

Any of those closer?

This may be overthinking things too but a thought:

1) Dinah Hayley's only extended family is John Wilkes (at least as far as I can find)
2) John Wilkes' family is.
a) Mary Hayley, his sister
b) Mary Meade, his wife
c) Mary (presumably Wilkes), his daughter.

Three Marys, I'm guessing Bloody Mary returning as a marketing Icon. For the third decade of horror or whatever slogan they come up with

Last edited:
This may be overthinking things too but a thought:

1) Dinah Hayley's only extended family is John Wilkes (at least as far as I can find)
2) John Wilkes' family is.
a) Mary Hayley, his sister
b) Mary Meade, his wife
c) Mary (presumably Wilkes), his daughter.

Three Marys, I'm guessing Bloody Mary returning as an Icon. For the third decade of horror or whatever slogan they come up with
Going off the three Mary’s and Bloody Mary what else is said Similar. Candyman. Makes since if M is “marketing” since it’s an IP and HHN markets IPs.

Back to the La Bamba cafe- it’s a restaurant, correct? Doesn’t that mean shutting down a revenue source for 2-4 (or more?) months to add a house? It’s not just HHN but also set up.

No idea how much La Bamba brings in over that time period but unless it’s not very profitable it’s hard to believe they would willingly shut down a revenue stream for that long for a house, would they? Have they done that before?

Back to the La Bamba cafe- it’s a restaurant, correct? Doesn’t that mean shutting down a revenue source for 2-4 (or more?) months to add a house? It’s not just HHN but also set up.

No idea how much La Bamba brings in over that time period but unless it’s not very profitable it’s hard to believe they would willingly shut down a revenue stream for that long for a house, would they? Have they done that before?

As Legacy already mentioned, they shut down Thunderfalls Terrance in IOA During those years.

Feeling like I take two steps back for every step forward...

So it's either simply marketing Abraham Lincoln (which seems odd unless it's like an evil Abraham) or
It's literally Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter or
the clue is in the name where Abraham is long for "Bram" is in Bram Stoker which would point to marketing for either Bram Stoker or Dracula.

Any of those closer?
Just as the answer was Cafe La Bamba—not in front of Cafe La Bamba...

Stop adding names.

Going back to John Wilkes, I don't think this is a clue or thread to follow but I found this funny story:

So there was this group called the Hell-Fire Club which was this group of rich old dudes in Ye Olde England that sort of just got together and had pseudo-satanic orgies and weird parties (typical rich people things). Wilkes was a member of this group. He apparently played a prank wherein during one of their "summoning" rituals he opened a trunk with a baboon in it that was painted red or had a red cape. Upon being freed it promptly sprang out and jumped onto a member of parliament who thought he was being attacked by the Devil.

No.

John Wilkes and John Wilkes Booth are two different people.

I don't think I'm getting this one. But doing a dive on John Wilkes, he became the Lord Mayor of London and died in London. So I suppose it's possible that the clue leads to something involving the London Waterfront over near Diagon Alley.

Wait what if M is Magic? Dementors and Deatheaters of the sorts

If you're meaning Universal having dementors and deatheaters in Diagon Alley for HHN, I don't see them doing it, they had the HP Celebration which involved the Deatheaters but that was it. Japan gets to use them for whatever reason for their HHN but we'll never see them haunting the HP part of the park anytime soon over here.

Status
Not open for further replies.