The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 234 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be okay with any lineup as long as it happens. I just want to hang out with friends, drink and walk through some great mazes.

So which of these do we think would be the scariest? Curious to get an opinion. I might say Hill House.

Legendary Truth houses have given me some of the best scares, so probably that. I'd say Haunting of Hill House could be the best IP. I love the show and am super interested in how they try to pull off the more subtle scares.

It doesn’t matter if it’s correct or not. Because there is now “a list” of what’s coming, all the answers for any clue I do will focus entirely on what’s on the list. It makes the whole affair less fun for me.

For what it’s worth, I don’t think the map is “correct.” I’m hearing a good bit of conflicting information regarding a few of the things listed. But, the list exists.
I always assumed the Scarecrow return would be a zone...

That's what I wanted to hear.

If, and this is a huge if, the 10 houses listed are what we get, then I agree wholeheartedly. Time will tell.

Completely understand, even if I'm somewhat higher on it than you are.

When IS the facebook group happy? I remember posting about an idea for a nautical themed house only for a man to call me an idiot because they already did that a couple of years back as a scarezone. I was laughing when Depths was announced.
The facebook group is just toxicity multiplied.
I think the lineup looks great! Then again, I've been hoping for a Beetlejuice house since I went opening night of 28

You are correct. Can't believe it took me this long to leave that place.

@Legacy : As far as conflicting info of the list goes, just let us have TC lol.

Last edited:
Completely understand, even if I'm somewhat higher on it than you are.

Oh, I think you're way higher on the (currently) rumored 10 than I am. And that's okay. Entertainment is very subjective.

Here are my thoughts regarding the 10 houses on the map. I'm aware that many will disagree, but I feel pretty strongly.
  • Beetlejuice + Gremlins: I would be fine with one or the other, but not both. Also, after experiencing Ghostbusters last year, I'd rather they wait a couple of years to use either of these IPs at the event. To be honest, I actually like the idea of a Beetlejuice scare zone.
  • Sabrina + Billie Eilish: Absolutely zero interest. They'd just be taking up space for houses I'd rather experience.
  • Terra Cruentus + Bedtime Stories + Dungeon of Terror: Marginal interest, but not super hopeful for their potential.
  • Legendary Truth: Other than its involvement with Bloody Mary's reveal, I've never really enjoyed anything LT-related.
  • Bride(s) + Haunting of Hill House: These two would easily be my most anticipated. But, that wouldn't be saying much when compared to the competition. I've never been a fan of them reusing or rehashing ideas in back-to-back years (Bride) and while I really loved the Hill House series, I'm quite skeptical as to how the show will translate to a haunted house.

Oh, I think you're way higher on the (currently) rumored 10 than I am. And that's okay. Entertainment is very subjective.

Here are my thoughts regarding the 10 houses on the map. I'm aware that many will disagree, but I feel pretty strongly.
  • Beetlejuice + Gremlins: I would be fine with one or the other, but not both. Also, after experiencing Ghostbusters last year, I'd rather they wait a couple of years to use either of these IPs at the event. To be honest, I actually like the idea of a Beetlejuice scare zone.
  • Sabrina + Billie Eilish: Absolutely zero interest. They'd just be taking up space for houses I'd rather experience.
  • Terra Cruentus + Bedtime Stories + Dungeon of Terror: Marginal interest, but not super hopeful for their potential.
  • Legendary Truth: Other than its involvement with Bloody Mary's reveal, I've never really enjoyed anything LT-related.
  • Bride(s) + Haunting of Hill House: These two would easily be my most anticipated. But, that wouldn't be saying much when compared to the competition. I've never been a fan of them reusing or rehashing ideas in back-to-back years (Bride) and while I really loved the Hill House series, I'm quite skeptical as to how the show will translate to a haunted house.

To be fair, that's a big part of the appeal for me with certain things...uniqueness piques my interest. And I'm interested to see how they go about it (Hill House). My thinking is that with having to send people in via conga line, it's best they rely on the type of scares Hill House goes for.

As far as Eilish, I don't care at all about her music itself, but still potentially intrigued by what they could possibly do with it. My favorite movie is The Room, so I'm willing to be a bit more forgiving if you at least give me an interesting dumpster fire. :lol:

As far as the Bride goes, I can kind of agree about sameness. Which is why I didn't really want them to use Monsters last year. The fact that she wasn't in the house much certainly helps of course.

Overall, I think this year can go just about either way (which is true of every year).

Reactions: redy2468
Right, but people have said based on what we knew about bedtime stories, it would’ve been a really good House and I don’t remember discussing that.
I was lurking last year - didn't post. But I vaguely remember some discussion about what the house might entail, and there seemed to be some excitement for it. But then everyone got excited for Depths of Fear (because of the underwater aspect) and I don't remember much discussion about Tooth Fairy after that.

Well, since someone already did it, I figured I would post my very rough anticipation list of that rumored lineup, partially subject to change even if it holds:

#1--Terra Cruentes
#2--Haunting of Hill House
#3--Deadtime Stories
#4--Legendary Truth
#5--Bride
#6--Dungeon of Terror
#7--Beetlejuice
#8--Gremlins
#9--Billie
#10--Sabrina

(If I could replace two IPs with originals while still trying to satisfy marketing, I would pick Gremlins and Sabrina--save them for next year or if scarezones were allowed give them the Trick 'r Treatment. Beetlejuice gets priority bc of the popularity of the musical, while Gremlins doesn't have the same timeliness factor. And Billie is a more popular property than Sabrina and is owned by Uni, so yeah. I realize this is just hypothetical of course.)

BTW, HanBrolo has a nice take. I'm sure plenty will disagree of course, and that's okay! But I figured I would post it. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: BoSoxFan1022
Well, since someone already did it, I figured I would post my very rough anticipation list of that rumored lineup, partially subject to change even if it holds:

#1--Terra Cruentes
#3--Deadtime Stories
#4--Legendary Truth
#5--Bride
#6--Dungeon of Terror
#7-10: the rest

BTW, HanBrolo has a nice take. I'm sure plenty will disagree of course, and that's okay! But I figured I would post it. :)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Alright, let&#39;s talk that spec map for <a href="#HHN30 hashtag on Twitter">#HHN30</a>.<br><br>-A celebration of the houses based in Carey from the last 30 years? DOPE.<br><br>-Billie Eilish will serve its purpose for providing a massive, modern market appeal house. In a lineup focused on nostalgia, they need that.</p>&mdash; (@HanBrolo77) <a href="">March 30, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Yes, I thought he was 100% correct

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
I doubt it would be true/ever happen, but have two houses ever shared a scene? Given their premise/history, it might be cool for Terra and Bedtime Stories to both start in a shared storyteller scene (lines alternate ex. You are on the path to some of my favorite deadtime stories). Could be fun, especially since spec puts them in the same SS.

I doubt it would be true/ever happen, but have two houses ever shared a scene? Given their premise/history, it might be cool for Terra and Bedtime Stories to both start in a shared storyteller scene (lines alternate ex. You are on the path to some of my favorite deadtime stories). Could be fun, especially since spec puts them in the same SS.

S.S. Frightanic was two houses in 1998.

Y'know, while losing BC3 would've sucked (even if I didn't go to 25), I think this would've been a great route for Freddy vs. Jason. Unlike Frightanic it obviously would have needed separate queues for crowds.

But yes, this would be an example of some novelty I'm looking for.

#1--Terra Cruentes
#3--Deadtime Stories
#4--Legendary Truth
#5--Bride
#6--Dungeon of Terror
#7-10: the rest
Why are you ranking the unconfirmed? I’ve already said I don’t think the spec map is correct. I’m hearing conflicting info. That conflicting info relates to specifics, as well as entire houses. If one of the other IPs I’m hearing is true, your whole list will change. If a couple of the details I’m hearing are true, your whole list will change.

Why are you ranking the unconfirmed? I’ve already said I don’t think the spec map is correct. I’m hearing conflicting info. That conflicting info relates to specifics, as well as entire houses. If one of the other IPs I’m hearing is true, your whole list will change. If a couple of the details I’m hearing are true, your whole list will change.

Again, so long as we get to keep Terra...

Reactions: tankart150
Exactly, anticipation lists should be made once everything is announced.

Not getting the overwhelming hate a lot are directing at this (alleged) line-up.

Beetlejuice will likely be another Ghostbusters, but that house was fun until the costumes took their toll on the actors. We can have a "Halloween party" house and not ruin the event.

Gremlins is more of a horror movie than half a dozen IPs recently featured at the event.

The Bride coasts to #1 most anticipated based on store credit from last year. Bedtime Stories was apparently seen as worth reviving. Dungeon of Terror is an obvious anniversary house, but not so recent or beloved it can't have a unique spin put on it.

Not familiar with the other IPs, but hear good things about the Netflix shows, Hill House been common speculation so I assume it's well-suited.

If anything, I think the weak links will be the obvious fan-service houses. TC should have an epic finale but I fear it will feel a bit random. And if the LT house is just a mash-up of various houses set in Carey, no idea how you make that coherent. Dead End and Meetz Meats aesthetics just clash.

Status
Not open for further replies.