The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 254 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m still reading way too much into what @Legacy said about an IP that rumors wouldn’t die about. That could very well be one of the 3 houses we don’t know, couldnt it ?
If the rumor is legit, then yes, it’s something that is not on the speculation map.
Also to add on, because Candyman won't be happening this year, potential for next year?
Let’s get through this year, first.

I'm not sure how deals work in terms of both coasts having access, but Hollywood had Creepshow last year. Creepshow is soon to be a multi-season show so I wouldn't put a multi-year deal out of the picture. If it does include both coasts then I could see this replacing Gremlins.

Creepshow is a Tier two and was tossed around earlier in spec season but hasn't been consistently talked about.

I feel like movies coming out this year are off the table because of the uncertainty surrounding their release
Well, as of right now, Spiral releases August 28th. That could change of course, but it's better than nothing.

I'm not sure how deals work in terms of both coasts having access, but Hollywood had Creepshow last year. Creepshow is soon to be a multi-season show so I wouldn't put a multi-year deal out of the picture. If it does include both coasts then I could see this replacing Gremlins.

Creepshow is a Tier two and was tossed around earlier in spec season but hasn't been consistently talked about.
Oh yeah!

Creepshow isn’t even rumored for HW this year, though things could change. Although Legacy made it sound like this IP could be a pretty good get, and even though Creepshow is King it’s a pretty cult IP. Plus, the house was rumored to only be the show

Edit - Just a thought, but HW is rumored to be getting a Jordan Peele original. Jordan himself was a big draw for Us last year, which was Tier 2/3 IP. I wonder if it could be shared with Orlando

Creepshow isn’t even rumored for HW this year, though things could change. Although Legacy made it sound like this IP could be a pretty good get, and even though Creepshow is King it’s a pretty cult IP. Plus, the house was rumored to only be the show
Creepshow was rumored on both ends for a few weeks, but has recently dissepated. Could be that it was never planned to begin with, could be that King is having the rights of the original revert to him some time soon, not clear which.

Alright, let's re-evaluate this:

-An IP might be replacing one of the originals, which would probably mean Dungeon of Terror is out.
-Sabrina is out, might be replaced by TCM.
-Gremlins is out, Tier 2 IP is replacing it.

So what are the missing IP's?

So wait, are we expecting just three originals now? :(

So confused! I see nothing indicating an IP is replacing an original, though.

Dungeon of Terror would be an opportunity for a "repeating room" house--a "mystery spot" tourist trap that actually is cursed. Heck you could have LT investigating mysterious disappearances around the attraction, to throw those two rumors together.

(Yes I'm taking inspiration from Supernatural again.)

Last edited:
So wait, are we expecting just three originals now? :(

So confused! I see nothing indicating an IP is replacing an original, though.

Dungeon of Terror would be an opportunity for a "repeating room" house--a "mystery spot" tourist trap that actually is cursed. Yes I'm taking inspiration from Supernatural again lol.
Billie Eilish might be an original that just uses her music, still meaning a 6/4 split.

Alright, let's re-evaluate this:

-An IP might be replacing one of the originals, which would probably mean Dungeon of Terror is out.
-Sabrina is out, might be replaced by TCM.
-Gremlins is out, Tier 2 IP is replacing it.

So what are the missing IP's?
I believe two ips are rumored to replace Gremlins and Sabrina, and the third house could be an original or an ip, we don’t know what’s being replaced and we don’t know what’s replacing it, could be anything

Reminder: When talking about "IPs" it's short hand for having to work with outside parties on the house. That means more work, more approvals, different communications, etc. While I'm not privy to that sort of stuff Universal Entertainment does in my own job there's a difference between working with other facilities versus working with other customers.

So Universal Monsters are "IP" because they need to work with, and get approval from, the film studio. Billie is IP in all capacities because she/her lable/etc has to approve.

Status
Not open for further replies.