Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Studio Tour

I don't know if this is buried somewhere in this thread but is there any information on when and what will replace that horrid fast and furious dancing car thing? Every time I pass by it, those closed doors give me an ominous feeling lol.

Anyone know of the results for the electric tram testing that happened a few months ago? It seems the park abandoned the concept or went back to the drawing board.

Another interesting catch at the 10:47 mark:

The production building next to The Voice's soundstage has been demolished.

You’d hope they’ll add something to the tour with Whoville gone. Been 5 years since any changes right? Kinda getting stale.

You’d hope they’ll add something to the tour with Whoville gone. Been 5 years since any changes right? Kinda getting stale.
I had to double check that Supercharged opened five years ago... Where has the time gone!?

I’m very curious what’ll go up in Whoville’s place, if anything, though considering the old F&F dancing cars locale remains untouched, I’m not holding my breath it’ll have any sort of replacement anytime soon.

Not sure when it happened, but the old Site B building next to War of the Worlds is gone too.
I believe that's been gone for a year and a half, maybe more. It's been replaced by a small waterfall and a few benches. When I saw it, it looks less like a filming area and more of a serene sitting place for employees/film crew.

I was so sad when I saw it was gone. I only realized it was back there several years ago and couldn't wait to show my son who's jumped into the Jurassic franchise with both feet recently.

Crossing my fingers SO hard, but not holding my breath. My hope is that Whoville being gone is phase 1 with striking WotW being phase 2. Maybe it'll sit empty, tempting productions to film whatever they want there, being such a large plot of empty filming space to build a new scene.

Crossing my fingers SO hard, but not holding my breath. My hope is that Whoville being gone is phase 1 with striking WotW being phase 2. Maybe it'll sit empty, tempting productions to film whatever they want there, being such a large plot of empty filming space to build a new scene.

The WotW set should never be removed, its one of the best things about the tour IMO

The WotW set should never be removed, its one of the best things about the tour IMO
As impressive as it still can be, particularly for people who've never seen it before, its time feels like it'll come sooner than later, especially now with Whoville being razed a stone's throw away. Compared to things like the Jaws encounter or the Psycho house, which both celebrate indisputably iconic Universal properties, Worlds isn't a film that's necessarily a crown jewel in the studio's history.

If Universal was willing to get rid of parts many of us considered some of the "best things" growing up that gave the Studio Tour character, whether it's the lagoon's parting of the Red Sea, the cheesiness of the Avalanche/Mummy tunnel, or even the disuse of the collapsing bridge, then I personally feel like they'd have no problem pulling the trigger on the Worlds set if/when the time comes. Honestly, I'd be okay with losing it if it meant something new went up in its place, either as part of a future park expansion (like Alexander mentioned) or as something new for the Studio Tour, and would only be bummed at its loss if they simply did nothing at all with it afterwards (again, looking at you, dancing cars location).