Studio Tour | Inside Universal Forums
  • Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Studio Tour

Mr_Green

Rookie
Sep 5, 2018
Nintendo will not have any element on a Studio Tour segment, unless if on the screens as part of a montage of Illumination after the Mario Film's release.

Honestly, I'd just flatten the War of The World Sets, move the Bates Motel/Psycho House set's elsewhere (or remove them, as they aren't even the original Bates Motel/Psycho House) and just keep the area primed for future use.
Probably soon within 10 years I can see them doing that. Studio tour has been the same for too long. People forget how different the tour was even 15 years ago

Jul 13, 2018
Nintendo will not have any element on a Studio Tour segment, unless if on the screens as part of a montage of Illumination after the Mario Film's release.

Honestly, I'd just flatten the War of The World Sets, move the Bates Motel/Psycho House set's elsewhere (or remove them, as they aren't even the original Bates Motel/Psycho House) and just keep the area primed for future use.
Anything new within that section would have to act as a counterbalance to Fast and Furious. They can't do two action packed set pieces/screen tunnels consecutively (not only for pacing reasons but also because it risks making Fast and Furious look stale and redundant).

If I had to choose a replacement, I would leverage some of the work done on Epic Universe and other attractions. Maybe drive through a dragon stable to meet Toothless and other dragon animatronics, with some hijinks, fire effects, and an obligatory water sneeze from one of the Dragons. You could view the silhouettes of other dragons behind sheets or through wooden boards, similar to how the final queue space at Hagrid's works.

Or do something with the Universal Monsters. We need to escape from something and this castle looks like a good place to hide. But whatever replaces the War of the Worlds set should be atmospheric and practical, just like the current plane crash.

ImaginerdMike

Newcomer
Jun 29, 2020
Torrance
Mummy tunnel, OG Kong, drop bridge, water parted, oh and the host was woopie Goldberg
Wasn’t it Ron Howard 15 years ago? Or was that 20? Time really flies, but I miss me some Ron Howard Studio Tour clips. They were much more inspiring than Whoopie/Fallon which are just a bunch or puns and corny jokes/gags.

Reactions: zto8411

Mr_Green

Rookie
Sep 5, 2018
Wasn’t it Ron Howard 15 years ago? Or was that 20? Time really flies, but I miss me some Ron Howard Studio Tour clips. They were much more inspiring than Whoopie/Fallon which are just a bunch or puns and corny jokes/gags.
My first trip was 2004, it was woopie. I had no idea Ron did it! That’s cool. My dad tells me about battle star galactica and other old parts.

Rideguy70

Veteran Member
Feb 17, 2016
Los Angeles
I'm so old I remember no video clips at all, just a guide talking descriptively all the way through. That job was insanely difficult those days... I had a friend who did it then, and she was told she could never be quiet (unless a silent zone, obviously), so if a tram was stalled or waiting in line, they couldn't just play a clip like they do now... they had to keep discussing different anecdotes the entire time. Imagine the stress and memorization, then making it all look easy and casual!

Oh, and I remember the burning house, avalance, runaway train, partng of red seas, "sea" mines, Battlestar Galatica, ice tunnel, and the stop over at Prop Plaza and the soundstage show where you'd rest and later catch a different tram to finish your tour. It was about a 3-4 hour experience altogether, if I recall. In those days, the tram tour was the first thing you did... I believe you had to do it to get to the rest of the park. Keep in mind, there wasn't a whole lot to the rest of the park back then, the tram tour was definitely the main attraction.

Last edited:

ImaginerdMike

Newcomer
Jun 29, 2020
Torrance
My first trip was 2004, it was woopie. I had no idea Ron did it! That’s cool. My dad tells me about battle star galactica and other old parts.

It’s ok to post YouTube links here right? This closing to the studio tour with Ron Howard was so magical to me and my brother when I was young. It almost brings tears to my eyes watching it again, recalling the memories of my youth and dreams of working in the film industry because of the tour and videos like this. Now I do :) thanks Ron Howard!

I don’t know if Fallon or Whoopie have that same inspirational effect on people