Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Studio Tour

Nintendo will not have any element on a Studio Tour segment, unless if on the screens as part of a montage of Illumination after the Mario Film's release.

Honestly, I'd just flatten the War of The World Sets, move the Bates Motel/Psycho House set's elsewhere (or remove them, as they aren't even the original Bates Motel/Psycho House) and just keep the area primed for future use.
Probably soon within 10 years I can see them doing that. Studio tour has been the same for too long. People forget how different the tour was even 15 years ago

Nintendo will not have any element on a Studio Tour segment, unless if on the screens as part of a montage of Illumination after the Mario Film's release.

Honestly, I'd just flatten the War of The World Sets, move the Bates Motel/Psycho House set's elsewhere (or remove them, as they aren't even the original Bates Motel/Psycho House) and just keep the area primed for future use.
Anything new within that section would have to act as a counterbalance to Fast and Furious. They can't do two action packed set pieces/screen tunnels consecutively (not only for pacing reasons but also because it risks making Fast and Furious look stale and redundant).

If I had to choose a replacement, I would leverage some of the work done on Epic Universe and other attractions. Maybe drive through a dragon stable to meet Toothless and other dragon animatronics, with some hijinks, fire effects, and an obligatory water sneeze from one of the Dragons. You could view the silhouettes of other dragons behind sheets or through wooden boards, similar to how the final queue space at Hagrid's works.

Or do something with the Universal Monsters. We need to escape from something and this castle looks like a good place to hide. But whatever replaces the War of the Worlds set should be atmospheric and practical, just like the current plane crash.

Mummy tunnel, OG Kong, drop bridge, water parted, oh and the host was woopie Goldberg
Wasn’t it Ron Howard 15 years ago? Or was that 20? Time really flies, but I miss me some Ron Howard Studio Tour clips. They were much more inspiring than Whoopie/Fallon which are just a bunch or puns and corny jokes/gags.

Wasn’t it Ron Howard 15 years ago? Or was that 20? Time really flies, but I miss me some Ron Howard Studio Tour clips. They were much more inspiring than Whoopie/Fallon which are just a bunch or puns and corny jokes/gags.
My first trip was 2004, it was woopie. I had no idea Ron did it! That’s cool. My dad tells me about battle star galactica and other old parts.

I'm so old I remember no video clips at all, just a guide talking descriptively all the way through. That job was insanely difficult those days... I had a friend who did it then, and she was told she could never be quiet (unless a silent zone, obviously), so if a tram was stalled or waiting in line, they couldn't just play a clip like they do now... they had to keep discussing different anecdotes the entire time. Imagine the stress and memorization, then making it all look easy and casual!

Oh, and I remember the burning house, avalance, runaway train, partng of red seas, "sea" mines, Battlestar Galatica, ice tunnel, and the stop over at Prop Plaza and the soundstage show where you'd rest and later catch a different tram to finish your tour. It was about a 3-4 hour experience altogether, if I recall. In those days, the tram tour was the first thing you did... I believe you had to do it to get to the rest of the park. Keep in mind, there wasn't a whole lot to the rest of the park back then, the tram tour was definitely the main attraction.

Last edited:
My first trip was 2004, it was woopie. I had no idea Ron did it! That’s cool. My dad tells me about battle star galactica and other old parts.

It’s ok to post YouTube links here right? This closing to the studio tour with Ron Howard was so magical to me and my brother when I was young. It almost brings tears to my eyes watching it again, recalling the memories of my youth and dreams of working in the film industry because of the tour and videos like this. Now I do :) thanks Ron Howard!

I don’t know if Fallon or Whoopie have that same inspirational effect on people

I know that this might be ridiculous, but I think Universal Studios Hollywood should have done a drive in studio tour with guest taking the tour through their vehicles, entering the backlot main gate, using the Universal app for the studio tour, given 3D glasses to keep for King Kong 360, and Fast & Furious while the cast members let’s the vehicle go through the soundstage one vehicle at a time while having the vehicles after being locked in to the soundstage interact with King Kong 360, Earthquake, Jaws, and Fast & Furious ending with the option to buy souvenirs on the app as the vehicle reaches the exit gate, and the guest pick up the bought souvenirs as they stop at the exit gate of the backlot.

I know that this might be ridiculous, but I think Universal Studios Hollywood should have done a drive in studio tour with guest taking the tour through their vehicles, entering the backlot main gate, using the Universal app for the studio tour, given 3D glasses to keep for King Kong 360, and Fast & Furious while the cast members let’s the vehicle go through the soundstage one vehicle at a time while having the vehicles after being locked in to the soundstage interact with King Kong 360, Earthquake, Jaws, and Fast & Furious ending with the option to buy souvenirs on the app as the vehicle reaches the exit gate, and the guest pick up the bought souvenirs as they stop at the exit gate of the backlot.
Regular cars can’t go into the sound stages, other than that it would have been cool

Regular cars can’t go into the sound stages, other than that it would have been cool

Cool in theory, a nightmare for liability wise. Can you imagine if anyone gets scared on the jaws bridge and puts their car in gear? Or a car's breaks fail in earthquake?

The cars would be in park or neutral mode, and the mechanism for the interaction shows would lock in the vehicles like the car wash then released when the show is done.

The cars would be in park or neutral mode, and the mechanism for the interaction shows would lock in the vehicles like the car wash then released when the show is done.

Yes but the cars have to be in working order. How many people have cars that aren't actually safe enough to be part of that. Like, we know the mechanics inspect the trams regularly. We have to trust that every have schmo has a working vehicle. It's too much of a gamble. We can't even trust people with a pandemic. I got sick from some lady who came to work after spending time with her covid sick grandson. And I'm a medical worker. And 1 car in earthquake would really slow things down.

Don't get me wrong, I'd sign up in a heart beat if I trusted Universal with my camaro. Lol.

In all the things that legitimately somewhat surprise me--the lack of Universal doing a holiday drive-along the Universal Backlot holiday style with actors in safe distances kind of makes me confused.
And HHN lite with scareactors, and tents as the plan mazes for the vehicles to go through.

I mean to me the rumors of cast members not wanting to come back (or at least union leaders saying they don't) is why we must not be seeing anything inside the theme parks.

I'm sure Universal would have loved to have something open right now...even Six Flags has the Christmas car drive through