The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 354 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like a perfect fit with Shrek. I thought they wanted to put the lighter houses at the front?
That’s what I’m thinking. Beetlejuice feels like too big a movie for the tents with the amount of stuff that will have to be happening in it, but I feel it could work in Shrek if not a SoundStage. Also maybe in the Parade Building? Idk if we count that as a SS or not though.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
If it’s shrek RIP my Dante Inferno room facade :(
Even if it's shrek that doesn't necessarily mean the inferno room wont show up in the house, its not that huge of a facade.
Though I always imagined orlando doing something like poltergeist for BJ, with the facade being a miniature of the Maitlands house, starting the maze in Beetlejuice's graveyard. Wouldn't be chronologically accurate to the movie, but it seems doable.

Reactions: londonwerecat
I think it’s notable to point out that with the Klowns exception, Shrek is typically given to one of the less A&D favored IP’s. And Klowns was only an exception since there wasn’t a “unfavorable” (just using that as a base word) IP last year to them (Us not counting due to its late nature).

I can’t help but think A&D would want to use Beetlejuice in a larger manner (settings wise) than what the Shrek queue would give. I remember Legacy stating that there was campaigning for Ghostbusters to win HOTY, and based on the fact Beetlejuice is happening, I don’t think the Ghostbusters reception affects their view on using these “pseudo-horror” (May not be the right word) properties especially if there’s love for them in the room.

Tents have long not been the “dump” locations but that just feels off to me. So...one of the Parade Warehouses?

What house is going To be where ghostbusters was last year?

That location is out of commission as of this year so as Legacy said, nothing.

EDIT TO MY ABOVE ARGUMENT: Krampus as well and I think my argument still applies since TWD’s setting that year wouldn’t have worked in Shrek. Still a matter of space and design after all.

I think it’s notable to point out that with the Klowns exception, Shrek is typically given to one of the less A&D favored IP’s. And Klowns was only an exception since there wasn’t a “unfavorable” (just using that as a base word) IP last year to them (Us not counting due to its late nature).

I can’t help but think A&D would want to use Beetlejuice in a larger manner (settings wise) than what the Shrek queue would give. I remember Legacy stating that there was campaigning for Ghostbusters to win HOTY, and based on the fact Beetlejuice is happening, I don’t think the Ghostbusters reception affects their view on using these “pseudo-horror” (May not be the right word) properties especially if there’s love for them in the room.

Tents have long not been the “dump” locations but that just feels off to me. So...one of the Parade Warehouses?

EDIT TO MY ABOVE ARGUMENT: Krampus as well and I think my argument still applies since TWD’s setting that year wouldn’t have worked in Shrek. Still a matter of space and design after all.

I think one or MAYBE even two pseudo horror properties a year is okay. But three is pushing. GB would’ve probably been better received had ST and Klownz not both been there as well. Same point @Returning-The-Reaction made about Beetlejuice being easier to get excited for WITHOUT Gremlins. And vice versa.

Reactions: ChaseTuff
Ok I’m gonna try this again
SS- Bride, beetlejuice, bedtime, icons
ST- TCM, Pumpkin king
MIB-Dungeon
PW- Hill house, Earthquake
Shrek- Billie
Getting closer...still not exactly accurate with house label, but locations are better.
It’s going to be in Shrek then, right? I’d assume they’d have it very similar in size to Killer Klowns, so that makes sense to me.
Nope. That would also kill any option they'd have to shrink you down(if they're going to), as it's difficult to change scale in there.

Aiello loved the Halloween franchise and they put a house in Shrek.

for the houses this year it looks like Hollywood is going to have candayman. Do you think we’ll get it if they have it?
Dude.

Now I really wanna know where billie is going if she’s not shrek or MIB!?!
Nobody said she wasn't.

There are many locations this year, that you wouldn't think houses would go. Some are head scratching and some are perfect.

Am I the only one who could see Billie in 23A with the queue in the music plaza? Maybe that and Hill House could be in 23 so the mega-popular IPs are at the front.

So have we dropped the idea of Terra Cruentus getting its own house? Maybe it has something to do with "Earthquake", since the land revolves around the blood in its soil. Or, maybe it could be a scarezone? Sorry if this has been answered already, i'm a little behind on the speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.