The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 352 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same scene “design” but new build. 95% of builds are new every year. It’s decor that gets reused.
Costumes too I believe in regards to what gets reused?

Again not the place for this discussion, but a backlog occurs over the weekends for testing results that causes a spike of cases and deaths on Mondays. Watch the data that comes in during the week.
Not getting into the details too much, but that's why I posted "apples to apples" part in my post. DM me if you want me to answer this more, I don't want to hijack the thread over it. My main question is on the Universal logistics and how much time would they need to change things up? That's the speculation part I'm interested in getting some answers on from the people who might know how the inner workings of that stuff would go. We spent 4 days discussing the rumored safety measures that were released last week, this question is very much along those same lines - the question of how much time would they need to "roll back" some of those measures and what could change in regards to shows, SZs, etc in that allotted time.

Last edited:
Cue the “Surprise, neither are in MIB!”. Ey, if the “advertisement” IPs finally get equally spread through front and back, I have little complaint on location.
Then, sure. Surprise, neither are in MiB.
I’m gonna guess bride and Billie is parade buildings

Hill house
Beetlejuice
Icon
Bedtime stories
Soundstage

Texas in shrek

originals in tents
I as I know it, three of these things are correct.

I guess I’ll chuck one up then in this case:

SS:
Beetlejuice
Bedtime Stories
UCM - Bride
??? Original

STs:
Pumpkin OG
Icons Of HHN

PWs:
Hill House (in the new one)
TCM (in the old)

MIB:
??? Original (None of the IPs really work here IMO besides the two we just were told aren’t there)

Shrek:
Billie Eilish

I guess I’ll chuck one up then in this case:

SS:
Beetlejuice
Bedtime Stories
UCM - Bride
??? Original

STs:
Pumpkin OG
Icons Of HHN

PWs:
Hill House (in the new one)
TCM (in the old)

MIB:
??? Original (None of the IPs really work here IMO besides the two we just were told aren’t there)

Shrek:
Billie Eilish
I could see icons in PW and TCM in ST

Do we know if zones this year are 2 IP and 3 OG like the past few years?

I mean this year I could see them doing 5 original scarezones like they did with 25 but that's just a thought, they could probably bring back The Purge or something alike to fill up NY. I mean since they could mix the films with the show but that would be weird since the show has been cancelled.

Okay, I'm going to walk a line real quick here. I have made almost no posts regarding COVID. But the mood in here can get pretty depressing at times, so I am going to give some hopeful & positive information, then tie it into speculation. So please bear with me here.

Today, in the US, we had "only" 373 COVID deaths (and I put "only" in quotes because it still really, really sucks and I am in no way trying to trivialize any deaths). That is the least we've had in 70 days (since March 28). So the positive news is that as I've been tracking daily comparing apples to apples (last Sunday to this Sunday, last Saturday to this Saturday, etc), the number has been falling significantly. So that is the positive news I come bearing.

The tie-in to the speculation is this. We've seen the safety measures implemented by Universal Orlando starting June 1st for regular parks, and either experienced or heard how they have worked. And, we've all seen the "speculation" safety measures that were dropped a few days ago (that @Legacy kind of confirmed that he was hearing a while ago) for how they MIGHT handle HHN. My speculation question is: IF this declining trend in COVID deaths continues, what do you all speculate changes with the safety precautions? Obviously, these precautions don't just happen overnight - they take a while to plan for, create, and implement. I would imagine the same would go for scaling back the precautions - it can't just be done in a day or two. If they've already structured the event to go off in a certain way, how much time would be needed before September 10 to change the protocols?

For example, let's say on August 20 it's "declared" that we're pretty much but not totally in the clear...would 20 days be enough to scrap, change, or redirect all the protocols they've set up? I know the houses will basically already be set and difficult to change, but could they loosen the SZ restrictions, dump or change the app strictness, etc (etc being anything related to how they have set HHN 30 up to be executed)?

Sorry if this is taboo here - I haven't delved into this subject at all, but I thought good news is something we all need, and with it brings some speculation questions that we haven't really discussed.

So, there are 3 phases in Orlando for reopening. It's already in Phase 2. Phase 3 is pretty much business as usual from what I understood from reading the proposal. I can't imagine it wouldn't be in Phase 3 before September.

you guys think that HHN could possibly open fully this year? can there be real hope for that?

I gotta say the back of the park is gonna be a highlight this year. Hill House, Dungeon, Pumpkin King, TCM, and likely Billie are all gonna be back there.

If anything, this year seems like it’s gonna be a grittier version of 28 to me.
"Likely" is a tricky word. Where are you getting your assumptions? Or are you just living up to your username?

It is not.
*They are not ;)

Imagine if billie is in a soundstage :lol:
I can't imagine

I’m gonna guess bride and Billie is parade buildings

Hill house
Beetlejuice
Icon
Bedtime stories
Soundstage

Texas in shrek

originals in tents
Then, sure. Surprise, neither are in MiB.

I as I know it, three of these things are correct.
And seven of these things are incorrect

What do you mean “fully”? Without any regulations and distancing? No. Don’t get your hopes up for that. It’s going to be a severely altered year, but it’s still HHN. You take what you can get

no, i meant ticket and hour restrictions, no frequent fear means no hhn for me lol.

I’d have to imagine it’ll be a single ticket event if the app design and predetermined routing is true. Man, people are going to be pissed when they don’t show up on time and miss the chance to hit houses.

yeah thats what i wonder, the anticipation for the ticket info is the most stressful to wait for lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.