The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 360 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
could be actors being attacked by realistic puppets that they move using their arms like the puppet klowns from the killer klowns zone, then they "throw" the puppet at you.
or using the marionette approach with wires or string, could be pretty simple. the zone would be full of victims being attacked and with stages for gremlins and then marionette gremlins "chasing" people and dancing

Tvk9SID.png

xko9OtT.gif
I think those puppets would be a viable option. They are surprisingly affordable and well sculpted.

Whoh whoh whoh...you actually want people to do some research before forming an oppinion?

I went down the rabbit hole last year when her album came out and...the more I learned about her and listened to her talk the less I liked her. Sorry y'all! She just makes me cringe.

I'm still open to seeing what they come up with based on her material. But I'm more excited to see Hollywood's version since they were 100% on board with designing it for the event. I'd assume Orlando's won't be as good since it was shot down when first mentioned, and is only coming due to higher ups saying you don't have a choice.

• Wow
Reactions: Lucky Planet
Hey everyone, remember to use the edit and quote features to reduce double posting. Past two days I've had to delete and merge a lot of posts in this thread.
Yeah, that's my bad. What's funny in this situation, is it used to be done so quickly, that I thought the system was just merging them on its own, so I didn't worry about it. Now that I know there's a man behind the curtain, I'll be more careful.

I went down the rabbit hole last year when her album came out and...the more I learned about her and listened to her talk the less I liked her. Sorry y'all! She just makes me cringe.

I'm still open to seeing what they come up with based on her material. But I'm more excited to see Hollywood's version since they were 100% on board with designing it for the event. I'd assume Orlando's won't be as good since it was shot down when first mentioned, and is only coming due to higher ups saying you don't have a choice.
She's undeniably weird and still very much a child with what she says and how she says it.

However, there's a real humanity to what she's trying to achieve with making her tour as green as possible, saying smoking and drinking don't make you cool, treat people with respect, etc. that is really good for people(especially people her age) to absorb. My fear is that people just look at it all from a surface level and any message is lost. But that's on them, I suppose.

Do you mean Billie and Finneas are assisting in the design or that Hollywood as a design team is on board? My experience is that no matter how good a Hollywood house seems to be, in theory, that same house is deftly executed in Orlando and LA doesn't ever live up to the potential. Who knows if that will change with Aiello switching to Creative, but maybe with the new park on hold, he's assisting this team for the 30th.

Last edited:
But I'm more excited to see Hollywood's version since they were 100% on board with designing it for the event. I'd assume Orlando's won't be as good since it was shot down when first mentioned, and is only coming due to higher ups saying you don't have a choice.

This is the part that really gets me confused-does Orlando (or Hollywood, but in this case, Orlando) purposefully set out to do a poor job with the material they’re given if they’re not interested in it?

I really hope that’s not the case.

This is the part that really gets me confused-does Orlando (or Hollywood, but in this case, Orlando) purposefully set out to do a poor job with the material they’re given if they’re not interested in it?

I don’t think they intentionally tank projects (that’s a complete waste of money) but as a matter of priorities, I guess Billie, especially in this lore-filled year, wouldn’t be too high.

how were all the walking dead houses? were they always great? i dont know im genuinely curious. they are all a big blur to me. cant differentiate my memories

bit i think WD wasnt always a favorite

I doubt that they will ever purposely do a bad job, but if they have a lack of interest in the project they’re working on, that may be reflected in the final product.

Genuinely curious, have you ever worked on something where your heart just wasn't in it? It doesn't guarantee failure by any means, but being forced to do something you're just not very interested in can stifle the process, especially in creative venues. And no, no one in Universal's Art & Design department ever intentionally puts out a poor product.

how were all the walking dead houses? were they always great? i dont know im genuinely curious. they are all a big blur to me. cant differentiate my memories

bit i think WD wasnt always a favorite

I mean, even on the third year in, they made that mega-house, which was baller. And there is a group of people that believe TWD in 2016 was the best version of that IP they’d done.

I could absolutely see part of that being a subliminal effect, to a degree. Say you receive a task at work that you have no enthusiasm for. You can work as hard as you would on any other project or even harder, but it's not surprising if your results just aren't something you're proud of. As a supervisor, I can expect each of my staff to do any job in the department if needed. But I want to play everyone to their individual strengths as often as possible to maximize our success.

In regards to locations since a few of you seem to not get it:

A big problem is that y'all think you've solved the riddles for this year. I'll be honest, I'm not even 100% sure on what to expect this year. It's an assumption on top of another assumption. Basically, y'all are getting wayyy ahead of yourselves. I think I've been pretty loose with this thread because of everything going on. I know a lot of us have gone stir crazy but I have to draw the line somewhere.

If a house is announced, by all means, discuss location to your heart's content. Until then, let's pump the brakes a bit.

Do you mean Billie and Finneas are assisting in the design or that Hollywood as a design team is on board? My experience is that no matter how good a Hollywood house seems to be, in theory, that same house is deftly executed in Orlando and LA doesn't ever live up to the potential. Who knows if that will change with Aiello switching to Creative, but maybe with the new park on hold, he's assisting this team for the 30th.
Mike’s influence on this year is limited to the pre-production from last summer, before he moved to Creative. He is not assisting the design this year. Bringing him back gives a perception that Charles, Patrick, and Blake can’t do it without him.

We also don’t know if Murdy is 100% on board with it. He’s probably more inclined because celebrity, but from all appearances, Marketing initiated Eilish for both coasts.

Genuinely curious, have you ever worked on something where your heart just wasn't in it? It doesn't guarantee failure by any means, but being forced to do something you're just not very interested in can stifle the process, especially in creative venues. And no, no one in Universal's Art & Design department ever intentionally puts out a poor product.

Of course, and unless you’re extremely privileged, everybody has at some point in time in their life. However, it doesn’t mean I wouldn’t do my absolute best with it regardless of my own personal feelings.

What I question is the seeming implication that because they’re essentially being forced to do a job that they don’t want to do, that it’ll result in a poor product. Would they really be that unprofessional? I can’t believe that they would be.

I don’t think they intentionally tank projects (that’s a complete waste of money) but as a matter of priorities, I guess Billie, especially in this lore-filled year, wouldn’t be too high.
I doubt that they will ever purposely do a bad job, but if they have a lack of interest in the project they’re working on, that may be reflected in the final product.
Of course, and unless you’re extremely privileged, everybody has at some point in time in their life. However, it doesn’t mean I wouldn’t do my absolute best with it regardless of my own personal feelings.

What I question is the seeming implication that because they’re essentially being forced to do a job that they don’t want to do, that it’ll result in a poor product. Would they really be that unprofessional? I can’t believe that they would be.

the biggest problem is not going to be if the design team dislikes working on it or not,
the problem will be on how much freedom they get and the problem is what ideas they get to work with
i keep hoping that billie's house is the scariest house and i keep projecting that into the universe,
i am hoping that billie has crazy super creepy ideas, hoping she has a lot of strange concepts.

but this house was asked for by marketing and then it is geared towards young teens, so with this new info i read from you guys,
this is a house that was: asked for by marketing (for commercial purposes) , that the design team wasn't the happiest about, and that it's probably made for young teens and children,
who knows but maybe the design team and billie herself dont even get to create all their scary ideas, but who knows.
i keep hoping it will be scary. hope for the best, i dont even doubt billie's ideas, i think she could create a terrifying house,
but the house might be tamed down for the kids? or could the record label or marketing ask that the house will be toned down? can they do this yes?

Reactions: PlatinumFate
the biggest problem is not going to be if the design team dislikes working on it or not,
the problem will be on how much freedom they get and the problem is what ideas they get to work with
i keep hoping that billie's house is the scariest house and i keep projecting that into the universe,
i am hoping that billie has crazy super creepy ideas, hoping she has a lot of strange concepts.

but this house was asked for by marketing and then it is geared towards young teens, so with this new info i read from you guys,
this is a house that was: asked for by marketing (for commercial purposes) , that the design team wasn't the happiest about, and that it's probably made for young teens and children,
who knows but maybe the design team and billie herself dont even get to create all their scary ideas, but who knows.
i keep hoping it will be scary. hope for the best, i dont even doubt billie's ideas, i think she could create a terrifying house,
but the house might be tamed down for the kids? or could the record label or marketing ask that the house will be toned down? can they do this yes?
The event is still “PG-13.” Billie’s demographic is 13-29. The house will be accessible to and targeted to the same audience as any house at HHN. They don’t design houses “younger” or “older.” It’s not something they consider in the process, because they don’t have to consider it.

This isn’t going to be “Barney’s Boo-Tacular Brunch.” Billie’s demographic is still very much HHN’s demographic. Teens have always attended the event in droves.

Marketing directed Billie.

A&D wasn’t happy about the directive.

Those are the only rumors we know about the property. Anything else is wild conjecture.

It’s entirely possible A&D started researching her work and realized there’s a lot of potential. It’s possible someone on the team LOVES Billie and is grabbing the bull by the horns and working the best house possible to prove naysayers wrong. It’s likely A&D as too much pride to allow themselves a “throwaway” house during an anniversary year.

And it’s possible that Billie isn’t coming at all.

Y’all need to calm the duh down and stop acting as if Billie is the same music as The Wiggles.

The event is still “PG-13.” Billie’s demographic is 13-29. The house will be accessible to and targeted to the same audience as any house at HHN. They don’t design houses “younger” or “older.” It’s not something they consider in the process, because they don’t have to consider it.

This isn’t going to be “Barney’s Boo-Tacular Brunch.” Billie’s demographic is still very much HHN’s demographic. Teens have always attended the event in droves.

Marketing directed Billie.

A&D wasn’t happy about the directive.

Those are the only rumors we know about the property. Anything else is wild conjecture.

It’s entirely possible A&D started researching her work and realized there’s a lot of potential. It’s possible someone on the team LOVES Billie and is grabbing the bull by the horns and working the best house possible to prove naysayers wrong. It’s likely A&D as too much pride to allow themselves a “throwaway” house during an anniversary year.

And it’s possible that Billie isn’t coming at all.

Y’all need to calm the duh down and stop acting as if Billie is the same music as The Wiggles.

do you know anything about whats gonna go inside the billie house?
obviously I Know that you cant comment on any spoilers, i know, i know you cant comment on details,
but have you heard of anything going inside this house?
im just curious because you sound like you already know how scary it will be? have you heard on how dark it will be?
i guess i am only asking if you have confidence on how terrifying this house is going to be yes?
im just curious, not curious on the details, but the level of terror? yes?

obviously I Know that you cant comment on any spoilers, i know, i know you cant comment on details,
im just curious because you sound like you already know how scary it will be? have you heard on how dark it will be?
i guess i am only asking if you have confidence on how terrifying this house is going to be yes?

My friend, you gotta ease up. 1. He's not going to do that because reasons but 2. You overlooked a big aspect of his original post - "And it’s possible that Billie isn’t coming at all."

No clue. I haven’t been asking. With everything going on in the world and in my life, HHN doesn’t even really measure on my radar. Throw in the topsy-turviness of rumors this year (as there are still very distinct, conflicting rumors getting bandied about), it’s not worth the effort to ask such detailed questions.

If the last couple of years have told us anything, assumptions do not help rumor season OR the fans enjoyment of the event itself. Maybe people should just stop assuming things when information is void. It would actually help everyone’s peace of mind immensely.

My friend, you gotta ease up. 1. He's not going to do that because reasons but 2. You overlooked a big aspect of his original post - "And it’s possible that Billie isn’t coming at all."
No clue. I haven’t been asking. With everything going on in the world and in my life, HHN doesn’t even really measure on my radar. Throw in the topsy-turviness of rumors this year (as there are still very distinct, conflicting rumors getting bandied about), it’s not worth the effort to ask such detailed questions.

If the last couple of years have told us anything, assumptions do not help rumor season OR the fans enjoyment of the event itself. Maybe people should just stop assuming things when information is void. It would actually help everyone’s peace of mind immensely.

the question was only about the scariness but you guys are right. we dont even know. everybody needs to stop freaking out. you guys are right

Status
Not open for further replies.